• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

For guys that run red dots...

Wat? You can turn off an Aimpoint by turning the Knob to the off position...

but the point about the Aimpoint is that you can't shut it off. You can just turn the brightness down so far that maybe you can't see the dot. Or are you saying yo take the battery out?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

I leave my Aimpoint H-1 on all the time. Being able to buy the H-1 with a 2 or 4 MOA reticle makes me wonder why anyone chooses Eotech at all.

Because the Eotech reticle is 1 moa dot and 65 moa circle, allowing for precise shooting at distance, fast target acquisition and engagement in CQB and range estimation based on size of target in the 65moa circle. Certain model Eotechs also have bullet drop reticle for 5.56. All of which is more useful then a single red dot for anything other than pure CQB.

As I said in another post, the Aimpoint has it's place, but it isn't perfect for every situation...

Last edited:
Im not going to be blasting away with the tavor in my house in a burglary. that what a handgun is for, unless the feds come knocking then I grab the Tavor.

There is a very visible dot, that is quite obviously the "off" position.

Interesting. I don't know how obvious it is, though. I never noticed the tiny little dot on top before, and it isn't described as the Off position in the manual. What I do see, though, it the catch-phrase "Always Ready, Always On" on their product page.

If I'm wrong, I'll concede the point, but it doesn't seem that obvious to me.

I mentioned I use a Trijicon reflex. I also use a C-more and a C-more ATAC which use switch and batteries. They must be turned on and off but that is really no big deal. I prefer the trijicon but the ATAC is a close second

ATAC_1.jpg

If Aimpoint ever makes a red dot with an eotech like reticle (and still 50K hour battery life), I will be all over that like white on rice.

Until then, I'll stick with the EOtech since I prefer that reticle.

I can't stand that eotech reticle. Way too busy for me.

Interesting. I don't know how obvious it is, though. I never noticed the tiny little dot on top before, and it isn't described as the Off position in the manual. What I do see, though, it the catch-phrase "Always Ready, Always On" on their product page.

If I'm wrong, I'll concede the point, but it doesn't seem that obvious to me.

After re reading this, i apologize, i didnt mean it to come across as snotty as it did.

+1. You can put the Aimpoint Pro dot on the target even with the lens covers closed. It boggles my mind. But it's awesome.

yup. I thought the eotech would be faster, but its not.

My Nikons go down to 1.1x so both eyes open is no big deal. I was surprised when I got the Leupold that 1.5x was also no problem. I since found that I can keep both eyes open and have my brain work fine up to really any magnification. I'm very left eye dominant.
- - - Updated - - -

After re reading this, i apologize, i didnt mean it to come across as snotty as it did.

Banned for life. You will never fit in.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine never turned off his aim point the entire time he was in the show. Others did, no biggie.... You see plenty of eotechs there mostly SOF guys. But they typically have a more direct action mission.

Back
Top Bottom