• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

For Massachusetts Attorney General? Dan Shores or James McMahon

Met James at a rally and chatted with him for 15mins or so. Not only is he 100% pro 2A, he gets the sympathy vote for being hard on drug dealers after losing a son to heroin, who also served this country. If I was a betting man, I think he has the best chance, especially with how hard the opiate crisis has hit MA.

I just want to see a real agreement made between the both of them that whoever wins the Primary goes full out in support of the winner...talk facts and substance during the campaigns and no useless mud slinging accusations about some shit someone did 30 years ago in a different time, culture, or acceptable environment...

I like James, I actually met jay at the Wilmington gun show, super nice and energetic guy. Honestly janes most like my has the upper hand.

Dan.

I feel like Jay M. Is too hardcore Republican for Massachusetts voters.. I think Dan is right where we need him to be.

From everything I've read so far I'm going to vote for Dan Shores. Mr. McMahon says on his own webpage, fighting the opioid crisis will be his first priority. First priority, is he serious ? We have been dealing with all these foolish AG regulations since 1998. Enough is enough already ! The issues of gun owners cannot be put on the back burner for one minute longer, we deserve better !

From everything I've read so far I'm going to vote for Dan Shores. Mr. McMahon says on his own webpage, fighting the opioid crisis will be his first priority. First priority, is he serious ? We have been dealing with all these foolish AG regulations since 1998. Enough is enough already ! The issues of gun owners cannot be put on the back burner for one minute longer, we deserve better !

In his speech that I attended, he said all the AG bull in regards to the 2A would be done first. That way we can focus on the opiate issue.

If he list restoring and protecting gun rights in MA as first priority, he'll lose for sure. Think about all the moonbats and anti gun people in MA. That would be used against him, I think. Versus the opiod crisis appeals to larger audience than gun ownership. More people would show interest in solving the opiod problem than gun owners being able to buy MSRs again. We know he will help 2A with urgency, which is why he has my support. Just my 2 cents on it.

I am leaning toward voting for James at the convention. What I noticed people who are firearms enthusiasts but are not political activists are going for James. I think he is working to gun clubs and events more than Dan. But all my activist friends are going for Dan. Dan is working political meetings and events. From what I can see they both very pro 2A. I will vote and support ether candidate.

I don't like James' stance on the drugs. It's the same argument for banning inanimate objects like firearms. I'm hoping his way of addressing the crisis is to get people the help they need and not convicting them for non violent offences. That said i'll still vote for him.

I am leaning toward voting for James at the convention. What I noticed people who are firearms enthusiasts but are not political activists are going for James. I think he is working to gun clubs and events more than Dan. But all my activist friends are going for Dan. Dan is working political meetings and events. From what I can see they both very pro 2A. I will vote and support ether candidate.
Though I like & support both, this is exactly why I think Dan has a better chance overall out of the two at defeating Maura. How many gun owners are going to actually vote ?

That's important, and it's a more palatable topic for the "other" 6,459,819 residents of MA who don't own guns. He can't be a "gun guy" 1st in this climate.

FWIW I've met Jay at 2 gun shows, 3 rallies, and my work. He's in the process of getting his "green card" MG license, and plans to reverse the AWB "reinterpretation" and eliminate the stretch-of-the-law pistol regulations (trigger pull, LCI, etc) immediately upon entering office. He's got plans for the magazine limit and AWB itself, too.

having 2 candidates vying for the AG job will keep them in the media spotlight with months of good stuff, whilst Maura continues suing the President & other tax-dollar wasting moon-battery... It might just work out if the average low-information voter hears their info to compare with Ms Healey's "achievements"

Do not know if there is another thread here, as is often the case. Could not find it in search.

James McMahon got the MA GOP endorsement at their convention.

Edit: to add totals

McMahon 1253 (55.15%)
Shores 1000 (44.09%)
No Preference 18 (0.74%)

Last edited:
James showed up at a club meeting in Holbrook 2 months ago and was pretty impressive
I will be voting for him
I was at that meeting as well, they let him go on for way too long. He could have gotten his message out in ten minutes, he didn't have to go on for forty five minutes.

Back
Top Bottom