• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

form 4 transfer?

garyz

NES Member
can someone give me the basics for a form4 transfer
my understanding, which is limited at best, is
buyer fills out a form4 tranfer, submits to the atf, nfa branch
once the stamy is approved/ returned, the fa10 transfer form is done
either at a dealer or online
also, is the form4 transfer time approximately the same as a form 1?

thanks in advance

garyz

ok looked at the form 4 couple more questions
form asks for add'l marking, would that be my information, that is engraved on the sbr
also, does the buyer need a copy of my form1 to send in with their form4

thx
garyz

this is more of a question than a statement--but if you're selling a firearm you manufactured on a form 1 to someone via form 4 then the manufacturer would be you. as i understand it, you'd be filling out for make/manufacturer/model whatever was approved on your form 1.

if i'm wrong, someone please correct me. i'm interested in how this would actually be done.

got a chance to meet up with my local nfa guy/ dealer
manufacturer, is going to be me, as i created the sbr via form 1
and buyer does not need a copy of my form 1
garyz

Ok newbie question.
On a form 4 transfer as an individual. What besides the form 4 is required (finger print cards, certification of compliance form 5330.20, copy of ltc) ? Just want everything in a row.

Ok newbie question.
On a form 4 transfer as an individual. What besides the form 4 is required (finger print cards, certification of compliance form 5330.20, copy of ltc) ? Just want everything in a row.

picture, prints, CLEO sign-off, in MA might as well provide LTC copy for shits and giggles.

Ok newbie question.

LTC and MG license if buying anything beyond a SBR SBS. You'll also need passport sized photos, CLEO sign-off. Remember to do everything in duplicate. So much easier to get a NFA Trust and by-pass ALL that BS. Coyote Rifle Works has them for $95 IIRC.

LTC and MG license if buying anything beyond a SBR SBS. You'll also need passport sized photos, CLEO sign-off. Remember to do everything in duplicate. So much easier to get a NFA Trust and by-pass ALL that BS. Coyote Rifle Works has them for $95 IIRC.

Thanks just created a trust through them. They asked how I heard from them, I said acme armament

Back
Top Bottom