Forum Fee

I started the sticky on transfer fees in 2007. The thread has had over 100,000 views. At the end of the month, it will be adios due to the new forum fee. I've enjoyed the conversation and appreciate the knowledge of the group. Take care.

Bogview

I started the sticky on transfer fees in 2007. The thread has had over 100,000 views. At the end of the month, it will be adios due to the new forum fee. I've enjoyed the conversation and appreciate the knowledge of the group. Take care.

Bogview
New forum fee?

I think that the language ‘upgrade’ is also being used (in the new forum platform) to refer to standard NES memberships renewals.

You can see that at the bottom of the upgrade link you posted where it shows your NES membership status - it will list a date as the last time you upgraded

So I think that once your membership expires it would be just the same $21 to ‘upgrade’ to a NES member

Maybe i misunderstood the message below

Northeastshooters.com Forums
NortheastShooters.com - Membership Expiration Reminder
Dear Bogview,

Please note that your membership at Northeastshooters.com Forums is about to expire in 7 days.

Once your account has expired you can upgrade again. Click the following link to upgrade your account:

https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/account/upgrades/

Thank you for your support.

Northeastshooters.com Forums

I am pretty sure that is just the "green" membership. If you don't renew then you will revert to just a "member" instead of a "green member".

Wish you could extend the green membership without having to wait for it to expire before going green again. Seems like that's made to make people forget or let it lapse. I thought we could do that in years past.

Wish you could extend the green membership without having to wait for it to expire before going green again. Seems like that's made to make people forget or let it lapse. I thought we could do that in years past.
You could and we are working on that.

Bogview
The thread and you aren't going anywhere. :) Your green membership is about to expire is all the message is telling you.

You could and we are working on that.
Waiting for there to be a "purchase" button next to my membership 'upgrade' option... It's there for dealers and instructors (not either of those) but not regular. Unless there's going to be another place for renewing membership...

Seems like a LOT of work is going into getting the new forum software close to the same [user] functionality level that the old provided.

Seems like a LOT of work is going into getting the new forum software close to the same [user] functionality level that the old provided.

There is, but there was a LOT of work that went to getting the old forum to the level it was as well. Most of the functionality you saw in the old boards, and see now in the new, is not part of the base forum software - there is a tremendous amount of customization that goes into getting these things to where you see them.

Glad we cleared that up. Thanks.

Please note that your membership at Northeastshooters.com Forums is about to expire in 7 days.

What this really means is, Would you like to kick in twenty bucks for another year of upgraded green membership? Don't worry. We're not kicking your ass out of here. And, No it's not $99 like the link we sent you says. All the details can be found here.

We'll get this fixed up tonight. The way it currently works is that you cannot renew your membership until the current one expires... so when you go to the upgrades page right now, while your membership is still active, it's going to show you memberships which would be an 'upgrade' from your existing - the dealer or instructor memberships.

Regardless, we'll get "extensions" up and running tonight so that you can renew whenever you'd like.

Thanks sHORTY, I wouldn't mind staying a while longer and have no problem kicking in $20. The way it was delivered created a bit of a WTF moment. The fix will help. Something to think about, maybe having a "Membership" tab on the main menu bar that gives info on membership levels with the benefits and limitations of each level. Linking that page to the re-up email would really smooth out the process.

Thanks sHORTY, I wouldn't mind staying a while longer and have no problem kicking in $20. The way it was delivered created a bit of a WTF moment. The fix will help. Something to think about, maybe having a "Membership" tab on the main menu bar that gives info on membership levels with the benefits and limitations of each level. Linking that page to the re-up email would really smooth out the process.

That's not a bad idea at all. Thank you for the suggestion.

IIRC, on the old software we had more than 7 days notice on membership renewals... Giving people at least 2 to 3 weeks would be a MUCH better idea...

IIRC, on the old software we had more than 7 days notice on membership renewals... Giving people at least 2 to 3 weeks would be a MUCH better idea...

Yeah, I'll push it out to 30 days once we have the extension functionality in there - I didn't want it out too far otherwise, as it could (and did) create some confusion as this thread evidenced :)

What’s a check? ;)

It's something you use when you dispise PayPal and that is the only other option.

I probably average no more than 1 check/month but that is really only because I have to pay to rent the club to teach and my annual club dues at two gun clubs.

What's "mailed"???

Well, when you serve legal process, that is the way the courts and clients want their return affidavits and how I get paid. Business still uses that archaic system of US Mail. It also ensures that I don't run into that wall of only 7-10 days notice to renew here. Failure to renew on time for an instructor/dealer is that their sub-forum disappears from public view. All the legal stuff I now post in my sub-forum that you guys ignore before asking about over and over again wouldn't be visible to you.

I still write checks for rent and bills, just poking fun Len. I’m a grumpy old guy at heart and hate all the apps that want your checking account information.

I still pay bills with checks, it’s a trait my late Dad and I would sit down and do together when I was little.

My parents made me balance the check book ONE TIME. If you worry about apps and companies having your checking account information then you definitely should worry about your mathematically inclined kid having all the numbers and start telling you statistics about your spending.

Last year I mailed a check to Derek a month early. It worked for me! :D

This is how I do it.

It's something you use when you dispise PayPal and that is the only other option.............. Failure to renew on time for an instructor/dealer is that their sub-forum disappears from public view. All the legal stuff I now post in my sub-forum that you guys ignore before asking about over and over again wouldn't be visible to you.

This is why.

............... Failure to renew on time for an instructor/dealer is that their sub-forum disappears from public view. All the legal stuff I now post in my sub-forum that you guys ignore before asking about over and over again wouldn't be visible to you.

This is funny, but true.

Back
Top Bottom