• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Found out today how right you guys are about the sheep

pastera

NES Member
Took the new CVA optima out this morning planning to hit a site just off my property through a friend/neighbors land. Getting there involves crossing a stream twice and one road. Very large area (~100 acres) mostly bounded by houses.
Make my way out and I get about 50' from the road and see a woman walking two dogs (not goldens [frown]). Not easy to hide wearing blaze but the rifle is covered so I'm thinking no issues. The woman spots me and asks what I'm doing - my response is passing through, have a nice morning. Knowing that I now have a busy body to deal with, I just keep moving. She's now moving toward me along the road, still a good 25' away and gives me "Are you hunting?". I let her know, "No, too close to houses just need to cross the road to get to another piece of land I have permission to hunt on". As I come up to and begin to cross the road, she starts pushing the dogs behind her and walking backwards watching me. She truly looked like she was about to wet herself! Really, over a guy decked out in blaze orange in an area with several hundred acres of wood lands?

I wonder if she told all of her friends about how she saved her dogs from a vicious right wing nutcase with an fully automatic armor piercing muzzle loader.

There is a large amount of gun fire in my area - I have a small range in the back yard. My neighbor shoots in his and a guy on the other side of the woodlands has a range. Some days it sound like the fourth of July around here.

Next time tell her you're from the Government and you are responding to a report of Rabbid, dog-eating coyotes in this area. Then ask if you could use her dogs to bait em out.

Should have told her to get an orange vest for her and her dogs. Remember the off duty state police officer shooting that lady on her own land last year?

Should have told her to get an orange vest for her and her dogs. Remember the off duty state police officer shooting that lady on her own land last year?

Don't get me started on the orange vests again... it's bad enough that you can't see people walking down the street when you're driving. You're supposed to see people though dense brush when they dress like idiots?

faintinggoats.gif

How long does the average lol last?

When will people learn that "sheep" is a [FONT=arial, sans-serif]pejorative term that does great harm to promoting gun rights.

[/FONT]

[puke]

I was at a party over the weekend when some sheeple overheard me talking guns with someone. They guy I was talking to was originally from Texas and another guy chimed in going I want one but the wife wont let. The Texan and I were explaining most people who don't like guns don't understand them and safety is a priority. Well the sheeple came over and..

Sheeple: Guns are bad!!!
Me: why do you think that?
Sheeple: they kill people.
Me: so do knives.
Sheeple: but gangs aren't buying knives.
Me: your right, they are probably stealing them and using them in rapes. Whats your point?
Sheeple: Guns are bad and that it!!!
Me: have you ever handled one, shot one, or taken a safety course?
Sheeple: No
Me: You live in a very open minded community, maybe you should open yourself up to trying something then making an educated decision.
Sheeple: where did you go to school?
Me: Your kidding?

........It's a lot safer than my friends who spend a night at the bar getting blackout drunk. I'd spend that $300 on ammo or guns and have fun at the range. .........

^^^ This.

Shooting trap this weekend. One of the guys starts in "assault weapons, herp, AK47, derp, blah, blah, no one should, etc, etc." while standing there holding his shotgun in front of about 8 other trap shooters. He was rather quickly informed of his error in reasoning. [sad]

How times have changed. When I was a kid growing up in a small NJ town my brother and I would walk right down the center of town to the river with our shotguns over our shoulders to try to shoot a few ducks and nobody said a word other than "good luck boys!".

Now anyone with a gun is a potential "gang member" or "mass murderer" and the sheeple outnumber us by a significant amount...sad

I mostly hunt the Cape and of all the random people that have said something to me or my hunting buddies while we're in public view with all our gear, the majority of them have been positive. Wednesday we were near a marsh in the mid Cape area and while walking along a side road, a well-to-do woman in a spiffy new Lexus SUV slowed down next to us. I thought "Great. Here we go." She asked "Have you guys bagged any yet?" with a smile on her face and chatted with us for about a minute about some of the big deer she'd seen in the area. We were pleasantly suprised, but it just goes to show you can't assume someone's an anti just by their looks.

During the first week of goose season this year I was with a buddy hunting out of a kayak near the edge of a pond/ cranberry bog and we overheard a woman who was walking her dog and staring at us say: "I can't believe that's legal." [laugh] Well it is lady, so go screw.

my friend had a sheeple incident at wally world. His first time buying ammo with his newly issued license. After taking 40 minutes or so to get help and get him to the register a lady walks up with her kid sees the ammo looks at him with wide eyes like he was about kill a puppy, grabs the kid and literally runs away.
I tell him all the time about these type of irrational individuals and now he realizes they are real. He was dumbfounded at the reaction..

I think my family has had enough of the libertarian rants too. I'm so bad I do it sober now, if you can find me sober at those events.

I'd say the number one question is "why do you own guns?" I always say "why not?"

I store them safely and I use them responsibly.

It's a lot safer than my friends who spend a night at the bar getting blackout drunk. I'd spend that $300 on ammo or guns and have fun at the range.

I also take friends to the range every month. Broaden their horizon.

After months of ridicule at work I'm planning a work event at a range with a class first. Now I can expense some ammo.

Last week one of my coworkers caught me in a mood and asked "Why would anyone need to own automatic weapons?"

My response "Why do you need to play ****ing tennis Kevin?!!!".

Back
Top Bottom