• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Four Seasons Moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like girls. At times during hte year, I'm potato shaped. Can I get 39% off???? Close enough, right?

Short of someone walking in and saying, "We're buying the whole thing and kicking everyone out" it would be bad business to get rid of Carl and his contribution to the monthly mortgage payment of the building. Long time, no trouble tennant. I hate those people. LOL. Even if you are ignorantly anti-gun, you HAVE to know what you are walking into when you buy the building and then I'm sure the current owner will school you on how good of a customer they have in FS.

I've know Carl for 21 years, and if he is ready to retire and sell Four Season's to a new FFL, he couldn't pick a better buyer than Jim at Shooter's Outpost.
~Matt

Varna-1-1205.jpg

I'm curious if Carl may be ready to retire and sell his business to Jim Carey????
Jim and Carey would definitely move Four Seasons into a better space I believe. They already have a good, friendly business relationship (Carl and Shooter's).

I've know Carl for 21 years, and if he is ready to retire and sell Four Season's to a new FFL, he couldn't pick a better buyer than Jim at Shooter's Outpost.
~Matt

Varna-1-1205.jpg

Jim buying Carl out would be like dividing by zero in a lot of NES'ers heads,you wanna talk about heads exploding lol

If Carl is retiring I'm happy for him. Dealing with most of the pubic sucks. Just ask anybody who does it daily.

He worked hard and built a successful business. None of us is getting any younger and many have worked hard their whole lives just to end up with a major health issue and cash out of life before they had a chance to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Jealousy is a terrible thing for some. Who the hell are we to say what he should or shouldn't do?

Jim buying Carl out would be like dividing by zero in a lot of NES'ers heads,you wanna talk about heads exploding lol

That's what makes life wonderful. Choices.
I've had great experiences at both places, and I know for a fact that others have had horrible experiences. To each his own.

Where you spend your hard-earned dollar is as close to Freedom as We get these days...

doesn't sound like anyone really knows the situation, just speculation.

as the late jack gallagher once told me..."hey, it's a business, i just sell 'em, i'm don't make love to 'em."

~Matt

I've known Carl for as long as he bought the business, maybe close to 25 years ago. Prior to him owning 4 Seasons, it was owned by a guy named Al, IIRC. Al ran the place with his 2 sons, and after he unexpectedly passed away, his sons ran it maybe for a year or two until Carl bought it.

My advice is to not dig any deeper than that stone. Unless you want an in-ground pool...

inscribed_stone.jpg

I remember when he moved across the hall he told me that the landlord forced him to move there because he had a specific tenant who wanted his space. Worked out better for Carl as he has a loading dock and a lot more space in the current location. Thus, I never assumed that he bought the building.

No in NES spirit let's make it a pig pile for not just FS but SO as well!

didn't carl say he had an opening at the shop for full time counter help and he was accepting applications in the news letter before the last one? odd he'd take on help at this time with the building for sale.

I don't know, but I saw something very classy in their latest email blast. At least, I think its classy...

Shooters Outpost in Hookset, NH

Note from Carl: If you are looking for a great destination,

take a ride up in your car or motorcycle to NH and visit our friends at Shooters Outpost.

They have recently opened their spectacular machine gun museum which is a MUST SEE.

Check out their Copper Jacket Café as well.

They located at 1158 Hooksett Rd. Exit 9N off of Rt. 93.
Not to many businesses leave some nice comment for their competition, even if it is in another state...
The collection at Shooters is impressive but they will not sell to MA residents so zero competition! You may be able to buy a bolt action rifle but price wise you might as well go to Cabela’s. I asked about a year ago if they would sell to a MA FFL (me) and the sales guy said he’d talk to the owners when he returned. Apparently the owner never returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom