• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

four seasons transfers

Whoa! 4 hours is Cabela territory!

I remember the last gun I bought at Four Seasons, they are quick and efficient when they get to you but its can be a bit of a wait before they get to you. At the end of the transaction the guy made a comment about how it wasn't that busy that day. (It was end of lunch hour on a Tuesday)

I remember the last gun I bought at Four Seasons, they are quick and efficient when they get to you but its can be a bit of a wait before they get to you. At the end of the transaction the guy made a comment about how it wasn't that busy that day. (It was end of lunch hour on a Tuesday)

If your in and out before you get hungry they are having a slow day...

+1 for Precision Point. I had a bad experience with a transfer at Four Seasons. Still like buying from there but transfers are not their strength.

I've had two there, and both times the place was pretty swamped. There seems to be a trend at Four Seasons - lots of folks treat the place like an Amusement Park. They drop-by, chit-chat with the counter for 30-45 minutes, endlessly play with the merchandise, brag about their home-collections, then leave. Transfers took WAY longer than necessary because of this.

If your in and out before you get hungry they are having a slow day...

THIS^

four seaons:

PRO......you can usually save $40 - $75 on a new gun

CON.......you have to know EXACTLY what you want when you get there....this aint the place to be comparing fire arms and making decisions with 30 customers behind you...... breathing down your neck to get their turn.

CON........saving $40 to $75 on a gun is absolutely not worth a 1 to 2 hour wait in a hot crowded room.....2 hours of my day is more valuable than $75.

I'll never go back there.

THIS^

four seaons:

CON.......you have to know EXACTLY what you want when you get there....this aint the place to be comparing fire arms and making decisions with 30 customers behind you...... breathing down your neck to get their turn.

CON........saving $40 to $75 on a gun is absolutely not worth a 1 to 2 hour wait in a hot crowded room.....2 hours of my day is more valuable than $75.

If I'm going to skinflint....I'll buy the gun online. Usually it's a commodity gun...and I'm not looking for good wood, etc...

Usually I can get a price close to FS online shipped. Sometimes even better than FS. The transfer fee 20 dollars, is usually is less than the tax I would pay at FS anyway. Plus gas, traffic, travel time, wait time. The gun comes to my local FFL, which is a short drive, I don't have to wait in line, and the whole process takes 15 mins max, I'm out the door.

I get a kick out of people who live out by me, who travel 1.5 hours to FS, spend 3-4 hours to buy one gun, then another 1.5 hours back, total of 7 hours, 20 dollars in gas and sit in traffic. Then say they saved 40 dollars on a gun.

Then god forbid they buy an overpriced 20 year old glock there....that is even funnier.....

The rare occasion that something arrives F'ed up...(which has never happened), I'll take that chance, and if it does, I'll think of all the hours I've saved not going to FS and dealing with the deli line.

The good thing I use the FS website for....pretty much low dollar value going rate of a particular gun. If I can find it online at FS prices....I know I'm in the ballpark and can stop looking.

Last edited:
If I'm going to skinflint....I'll buy the gun online. Usually it's a commodity gun...and I'm not looking for good wood, etc...

Usually I can get a price close to FS online shipped. Sometimes even better than FS. The transfer fee 20 dollars, is usually is less than the tax I would pay at FS anyway. Plus gas, traffic, travel time, wait time. The gun comes to my local FFL, which is a short drive, I don't have to wait in line, and the whole process takes 15 mins max, I'm out the door.

I get a kick out of people who live out by me, who travel 1.5 hours to FS, spend 3-4 hours to buy one gun, then another 1.5 hours back, total of 7 hours, 20 dollars in gas and sit in traffic. Then say they saved 40 dollars on a gun.

Then god forbid they buy an overpriced 20 year old glock there....that is even funnier.....

The rare occasion that something arrives F'ed up...(which has never happened), I'll take that chance, and if it does, I'll think of all the hours I've saved not going to FS and dealing with the deli line.

The good thing I use the FS website for....pretty much low dollar value going rate of a particular gun. If I can find it online at FS prices....I know I'm in the ballpark and can stop looking.
All truth. I'm even worse though.......I won't even buy online. I'll gladly pay $50 more for a gun at a local shop than stand in line for two hours. I have waaaay better things to do with my time . The customers there crack me up........they are no better imo than the moonbats in line at Walmart on Friday after Thanksgiving.

FS is okay unless you get the one or two guys that can't type to save their own life.

Last transfer I did there the guy was nice enough but he was typing so slow the whole transfer took 35 minutes despite nobody being in the store... and thats AFTER me using the NICS terminal to fill out that end for the feds.

-Mike

If Northeast Arms is an option, it's always Northeast Arms.

For the last two non-milsurps I've wanted (both pretty run-of-the-mill pistols):
Item 1 FS told me it would be a two-month wait, another shop had it in stock for $30 more than FS's quote price, bought it at shop 2.
Item 2, FS said they didn't have it but had a different model. I ordered the one I wanted online for $20 cheaper than FS, with free shipping. After transfer fee at a different shop I spent $15 more than FS would have been, and without waiting in line.

I did buy a 10/22 at FS, but otherwise I've just stopped going there. I used to stop by once or twice a month. Just too crowded and the prices on things other than Shields and whatnot are either beaten by others or not low enough comparably to justify the circus.

Their transfer fees are more than most, and I figured it was a combination of two reasons:
a.) they get so much business, they can effectively charge whatever they want
b.) they don't really like doing them, and figure if they charge more than everyone, it might dissuade people from using them for transfers.

Just speculation.

THIS^

four seaons:

^^^these...no way i'm driving that far to save a few bucks...buy online or pay a little more at a local shop to support their business and keep them around as well as save time and gas money

hmm...didn't you post that you got banned from FS? so not sure they would even take your $$ [rofl]

I did indeed. Right after I told him I'd never shop in his shitty store again. Kind of an "I quit before I was fired situation".

I have no respect for someone who has such little regard for his customers. Bend over for Maura but send out a blast to get your customers to come in and buy up your last stock (the legality of which was questionable at the time). All he cared about was not getting stuck with a few guns he couldn't sell, but gave 0 shits if the people that bought them got jammed up. F him. Seriously.

THIS^

four seaons:

I save $40+ on sales tax alone without going to FS, no BS, even though I pay slightly higher prices through most of the LGS I use etc. FS is great for the MA lazebag skinflint rubber lipper crowd who doesn't want to put in the legwork to beat the system. Eventually though after a certain point I think every "semi serious or better" ( let's qualify this as, blows a couple-three grand a year on guns at worst) gun enthusiast stops shopping there or limits their purchases there- because there's basically no value add there at this point for most of us.

-Mike

I don't gonto market basket the day before a blizzard, and i don't go to FS at their peak times. I’ve purchased many guns, without issue. Don’t like them, don’t go. Why bash?

I don't gonto market basket the day before a blizzard, and i don't go to FS at their peak times. I’ve purchased many guns, without issue. Don’t like them, don’t go. Why bash?

I just gave the pros and cons of my experience there.

Back
Top Bottom