four seasons transfers

It is crazy that, that is one of the only stores I've been to where they are always crowded where you have to wait in line just to buy a gun. Not browse a gun. Actually buy a gun.
It's a testament to how good business is for him.
No other stores break out the take a ticket and have 7 employees behind the counter waiting on people.

The Birkenstock wearers in Lexington would probably freak out if they knew people were waiting in line to buy guns 10 minutes away. :D

It is crazy that, that is one of the only stores I've been to where they are always crowded where you have to wait in line just to buy a gun. Not browse a gun. Actually buy a gun.
It's a testament to how good business is for him.
No other stores break out the take a ticket and have 7 employees behind the counter waiting on people.

+1

So true. Say what you want about Four Seasons, but Carl is a very nice guy and very easy to deal with. Jeff, the grizzly dude with the beard, is gone now (he was due) but all the other folks that work there are really nice people. Yes the place is small and on weekends especially it can be a zoo in there but its like that for a reason. Customer service is great (I've been going here ~10yr) and prices are great. Brand new Sig P229RM w/SRT (free) for 700 and change? Carl buys in bulk and passes the savings off to his customers.

I do agree that if you want something more "exotic", Four Seasons is not the place to go. Find another shop.

Four Seasons is not the place to go if you want a transfer of a frame without an eFA10 being filed, or for a handgun not on the EOPS register. Although both of these are legal, FS walks a very cautious line and will not do transfers that Carl things the AG might not like.

But, for guns, the place is great. Just keep in mind there is only so much expertise a shop owner can rent when paying employees the modest sum retail clerks command in the market.

Another issue, is there is no "price rationing" in a shortage. Carl does not boost his price when supplies are tight (unless his supplier does), so you will most likely hear "We sold out of primers" (or whatever) rather than "We have it in stock at twice our normal price."

Another issue, is there is no "price rationing" in a shortage. Carl does not boost his price when supplies are tight (unless his supplier does), so you will most likely hear "We sold out of primers" (or whatever) rather than "We have it in stock at twice our normal price."

FS rationed stuff all the time, just not by price. I just think that with some kinds of items (like the reloading crap) he's probably happy to just blow it out and not
restock it. I think there was also a fire reg issue with that stuff too, so that limited how much he could stock anyways. During Obamascares he'd limit the amount of ammo people could buy (in certain high demand calibers) so that you could at least come in and get a box or two of ammo.

-Mike

Carl does not boost his price when supplies are tight (unless his supplier does)

When the Ruger Mk IV came out a year or so ago, I was able to get it $100 cheaper than FS was selling it for by schlepping out to some tiny little shop in Webster. It's the only time I've seen FS significantly more expensive than the competition.

I live close by 4 seasons, bought my first gun there years ago and many since then and never had an issue.

Back
Top Bottom