four seasons transfers

Hell, at least this thread is still mildly related to the original topic. Have you SEEN some of the threads on NES? There is no such thing as a straight line on this forum.

Sure there is! It's why I post legal info now in my own Training Sub-forum and lock the thread. That way it doesn't get derailed and there aren't 100 random posts for someone to read thru to get the info. Sadly nobody looks at stickies anywhere and drops threads in any random sub-forum, so it's pretty frustrating.

-------------------------------

As for FS, I've always been treated very well there, bought lots of guns there, referred lots of people there (especially newbies) as they will take the time to help people make a rational decision (sorry if you have to wait because of it)! My NRA PPIH/PPOH/HFS students all get a gift certificate for Four Seasons.

The once or twice I was in a rush, I called Carl ahead of time and explained, purchase made and out the door within 20 minutes.

Hell, at least this thread is still mildly related to the original topic. Have you SEEN some of the threads on NES? There is no such thing as a straight line on this forum.

the question was answered in the very first response, and clarified in 6. You just want ten pages of people saying "yeah $40 for out of state and 25 for individuals"?

OP was free the close down the thread once he got the answer. Obviously there was interest in expanding the discussion. So what? Who cares? It's all good.

So then let's start a forum called "Just The Facts". Once the correct answer / info is agreed then a mod can strip out all the extraneous discussion. Kind of like s forum of stickies.

Last edited:
I went there once looking for a Benelli shotgun. FS doesn't have Benelli so the dude at counter tries to sell me a Mossberg telling me it's way better. After I set him straight he said Mossberg is made in the US and would hold more shells because it's made in the US. Screw him.

That's my take on FS or most of the gun shops. Never go there for advice, they pinch the shittiest idea just for a sale or just ignorance.

That's my take on FS or most of the gun shops. Never go there for advice, they pinch the shittiest idea just for a sale or just ignorance.

I think advice only works when a shop has a "specialty" and sticks to only talking about that. Even then it requires there only being one main person to give advice because you can't scale up and have everyone be the expert on a subject. A place like FS can't really give out a lot of expertise (just too much stuff and too many counter people) but a hole in the wall guy who knows his stuff might have some good nuggets.

FS is great answering Emails and sending their FFL to a seller. They will Email it so it arrives in a second, and they don't try to pull the "you have to pay sales tax."

Most gun shops don't even know what Email is.

Don't want to wait?... Don't go when everyone is there.

Their customer service is good, but they are busy, it is what happens at a successful business.

All you guys want more gun shops, more guns in stock, no wait time, instant replies to Emails, know all gun laws, no transfer fee...
You can't have it all, so stop bitc*ing.

the question was answered in the very first response, and clarified in 6. You just want ten pages of people saying "yeah $40 for out of state and 25 for individuals"?

I think they want people to start a new thread for each slightly new thought, then they can complain about all the new threads that are created that are very similar...so then someone can just say "DUPE" and make you feel like an ahole.

Sorry I derailed this thread....back to it.... I guess 4 seasons does transfers for 40 bucks out of state and 25 for individuals.

FS is great answering Emails and sending their FFL to a seller. They will Email it so it arrives in a second, and they don't try to pull the "you have to pay sales tax."

Most gun shops don't even know what Email is.

Don't want to wait?... Don't go when everyone is there.

Their customer service is good, but they are busy, it is what happens at a successful business.

All you guys want more gun shops, more guns in stock, no wait time, instant replies to Emails, know all gun laws, no transfer fee...
You can't have it all, so stop bitc*ing.

OR.....

I could just say **** fs guns and all the BS of the deli line and shop elsewhere. Which is what I do.

You say dont go when it's busy. Wow. Thanks for the sound advice. So in order to save $50 I have to go during the week and not during lunch.....so I have to take time off of my job?!? Again......my times worth more than FS guns $50 to $75 savings.

By the way......waffle House is considered a successful business........and they are busy.....we know what kinds of people love the waffle house..... Just sayin

Last edited:
I think they want people to start a new thread for each slightly new thought, then they can complain about all the new threads that are created that are very similar...so then someone can just say "DUPE" and make you feel like an ahole.

Sorry I derailed this thread....back to it.... I guess 4 seasons does transfers for 40 bucks out of state and 25 for individuals.

oh yes that makes more sense. [offtopic]

OR.....

I could just say **** fs guns and all the BS of the deli line and shop elsewhere. Which is what I do.

You say dont go when it's busy. Wow. Thanks for the sound advice. So in order to save $50 I have to go during the week and not during lunch.....so I have to take time off of my job?!? Again......my times worth more than FS guns $50 to $75 savings.

By the way......waffle House is considered a successful business........and they are busy.....we know what kinds of people love the waffle house..... Just sayin

Congrats, your time is worth more than the savings. So??

Stupid complains like "it is too busy" deserve stupid answers like "go when it isn't busy".

So far, the only somewhat valid complain I read about was the AR sale. (I didn't read every post).

Stupid complains like "it is too busy" deserve stupid answers like "go when it isn't busy".

So far, the only somewhat valid complain I read about was the AR sale. (I didn't read every post).

Sorry I fail to see where "it's too busy" as a stupid complaint. My critique is to warn the people on NES that have real lives.....and little time to spare.......that you may want to consider a different shop.

To the fs fans.....enjoy your waffle house experience in the deli line.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes sir......my time is much more valuable than saving the equivelent cost of 3 boxes of ammo for the gun I'm buying when I'll piss through that in 30 minutes at the range. I shoot alot. I'll avoid the deli line.

not really..."it's too busy" is a problem of bad management when it starts driving customers away.

wow, almost 70 posts. i had to run thru all of them. didn't expect this to turn into a megathread! [laugh]

some back story on why i originally asked...needed to do a transfer recently cause we were having problems with the efa-10 page. when asked about fs, all i remembered was that $50 transfer fee i was quoted 7 years ago.

so in true greencobra fashion, lets go back to july of 2011. i was in the process of buying 6 stripped lowers and needed a ffl and a place to receive them. i called carl and he said no problem, call when you're ready and i'll get it moving, which he did. when i got the ship notice, i wandered down to give them a heads up, etc and i was talking to the bearded dude in the corner that i now know as jeff. i asked what a transfer was and i'm told 50 bucks each. i almost shit, $300 bucks was more than i paid for all 6 plus shipping. so jeff says are you a member of nes, the fee is 20 bucks for a nes member. i didn't know what nes was at the time but ran home and got on the computer and the light bulb came on, shit, for a $21 dollar investment, i'll save some dough.

sidebar: so thats why my nes join date is july, 2011

my stuff comes in and i tell the guy whos going to write the transfers up i'm a nes member, the bearded wonder on the chair in the corner told me 20 bucks for nes members.

carl overhears our conversation and comes over, i explain, and he asked if i was part of the group buy. hell, i didn't even know what a group buy was but apparently there was a stripped lower group buy on at nes and several ffl's offered a lower transfer fee than normal if you had your lower shipped to one of them. i told him no, this is independent of them, i brought them in on my own. carl could have porked me but he didn't, i got the "special" price.

on the plus side, i've been a thorn in your sides since. [thumbsup]

and if you're still reading this tome, don't go running to fs telling them you're a nes member demanding your transfer discount, that was a one time only group buy offer.

not really..."it's too busy" is a problem of bad management when it starts driving customers away.

Yeah but it goes to that calculus of size vs overhead vs profitability etc. If he relocated the "its too busy" thing would likely go away but overall profits would drop because of the increase in overhead. FS is literally only stupid busy about 2 days a week- thurs nights (because open late) and Saturdays. Any other random time you go in there, IMO it's really not that busy. The relatively few number of people (like us) who don't/won't go "because its too busy" have already graduated onto more refined routes of picking up guns/ammo anyways; we're not doing the "typical LGS experience" on a regular basis anymore, or we're very selective about the LGSes we use, etc. We use shops that meet our (very specific) needs. FS has a target demographic- it's the go-to for the joe fungohead type that just got his LTC, is a skinflint, afraid of own shadow, etc. That's about 80% of the gun owners in MA. FS is like a box store at this point as opposed to the local True Value or Ace hardware guy, that kind of thing. It used to be different, it used to cater to more people, but that was a long time ago. Things be different now... much different.

-Mike

Last edited:
Yeah but it goes to that calculus of size vs overhead vs profitability etc. If he relocated the "its too busy" thing would likely go away but overall profits would drop because of the increase in overhead. FS is literally only stupid busy about 2 days a week- thurs nights (because open late) and Saturdays. Any other random time you go in there, IMO it's really not that busy. The relatively few number of people (like us) who don't/won't go "because its too busy" have already graduated onto more refined routes of picking up guns/ammo anyways; we're not doing the "typical LGS experience" on a regular basis anymore, or we're very selective about the LGSes we use, etc. We use shops that meet our (very specific) needs. FS has a target demographic- it's the go-to for the joe fungohead type that just got his LTC, is a skinflint, afraid of own shadow, etc. That's about 80% of the gun owners in MA. FS is like a box store at this point as opposed to the local True Value or Ace hardware guy, that kind of thing. It used to be different, it used to cater to more people, but that was a long time ago. Things be different now... much different.

-Mike

Winner of the internet for the day!

I think my post went over his head as well - my issue isn't with FS at all. It's a good store. It's that their customers don't seem to respect each-other's time. I can't tell you how many times I've gone there, only to mill around while a couple of guys 'shoot the breeze' with staff behind the counter while somebody's son (underage) is dry-firing 4-6 handguns laying about, nobody buys anything, and I'm wanting to get in-n-out. Must be a MA thing....

They're very-good with email - they know the process when it comes to GunBroker.com transactions, and they're listed in the website of preferred FFLs for client transactions. The fact that I know within 24 hours when my 'order' has arrived off the FEDEX/UPS truck is worth it.

It is your duty as the OP, to tend to your brush fires and bridge burnings. [wink]
i know now! [laugh] i'm usually a one and done guy with threads, hardly ever come back into one that i've already posted in. there are rule exceptions of course. next time.

Four Seasons gets my business all the time. He does his best to keep his prices affordable. I drive 40 minutes to get there and yes, I have had to wait my turn but for me, I feel since Carl and his employees are good to customers, I can repay him by having an ounce of patience. They are very well organized and pay attention to detail.
Mike
Hudson, Ma

When I was living in the area, I saw a gun on the used gun page on a Friday and called FS and was told that the gun was sold.
On Saturday I noticed that it was still listed and hadn't been inventoried out. FS had closed but I called and left a message asking about the confusion and left my number. Sunday morning (!!!) Carl was in the shop and called me, said the gun was still there and he'd put it aside for me for Tuesday. Aside from the crowds and the wait in a small shop, it's a shop I miss. They got a lot of my business.

When I was living in the area, I saw a gun on the used gun page on a Friday and called FS and was told that the gun was sold.
On Saturday I noticed that it was still listed and hadn't been inventoried out. FS had closed but I called and left a message asking about the confusion and left my number. Sunday morning (!!!) Carl was in the shop and called me, said the gun was still there and he'd put it aside for me for Tuesday. Aside from the crowds and the wait in a small shop, it's a shop I miss. They got a lot of my business.
I have saved so much money since moving away from there! LOL. Love Four Seasons.

That's the thing about FS. Carl is good, the staff...not so much. You don't get a straight honest answer out of the staff. But other gunshops are pretty much the same. I won't visit FS in any holidays or weekends though.

I have saved so much money since moving away from there! LOL. Love Four Seasons.

Back before I was an idiot and got into a relationship that I have now dubbed the $50,000 experiment I used to be a member of the gun or two a month club at FS (and thats just what I was buying there never mind other places... ) LOL.

-Mike

That's the thing about FS. Carl is good, the staff...not so much. You don't get a straight honest answer out of the staff. But other gunshops are pretty much the same. I won't visit FS in any holidays or weekends though.
I think otherwise. In my opinion and personal experience, Carl is always good to deal with and the FS staff, compared to other shops I have visited are pretty knowledgeable. Sure, there are exceptions and the more you get to know them, you also get to know who to avoid.

Last edited:
Back before I was an idiot and got into a relationship that I have now dubbed the $50,000 experiment I used to be a member of the gun or two a month club at FS (and thats just what I was buying there never mind other places... ) LOL.

-Mike
Assuming that relationship was a woman, you got off cheap.

We want more people in MA to get into shooting, complains when gun shop is crowded...

I like FS and would gladly wait longer if it means more Boston area gun owners and more folks to voice pro-2A opinions.

Back
Top Bottom