Fox wonders if the RKBA fight is a battle without a foe

Titan

Banned
Fox is currently running a piece with Helmke (in a suit) and a guy named Lackomar representing the Michigan Militia (bald guy wearing a t-shirt and a zippered sweat shirt).

Steve Doocy is asking the question...

What are the gun protests about since it doesn't appear anyone is attempting to go after their guns?

Helmke's take is that the protests are to drive up gun sales.[laugh]

Fox is as hopeless as any other media outlet. The vast majority of their employees are in NY, DC, or LA and there is virtually zero gun culture in those areas.

Fox anchors all seem horrified by guns.

Fox is currently running a piece with Helmke (in a suit) and a guy named Lackomar representing the Michigan Militia (bald guy wearing a t-shirt and a zippered sweat shirt).

What are the gun protests about since it doesn't appear anyone is attempting to go after their guns?

Fox is as hopeless as any other media outlet. The vast majority of their employees are in NY, DC, or LA and there is virtually zero gun culture in those areas.

You have just identified one of the biggest foe to the RKBA... fear. The other is ourselves when we eat our own.

Fox is conservative only when compared with the other MSM networks.

I could have swore I heard Helmke say when referring to the laws passed allowing guns in National parks..." they now can let bad people with guns into the park" or something like that??? Was I hearing things???

Last edited:
Leave it to Fox to play into preconceived stereotypes..... Nothing against Mr. Lackomar, but most gun owners, and most RKBA advocates, don't belong to a militia, at least not one that's organized. They wouldn't call someone, like say, Alan Gottlieb, because having him crush Helmke on national television apparently isn't good enough for ratings. My guess also is that Helmke probably knew up front who he would be "up against". Antis don't like anything resembling a fair fight. Their entire agenda is based on false information, lies, and intentional deception.

Maybe if Faux news actually bothered to show up at any of these rallies, things would be different. The reporting on them coming out of their gaping maws has been horrendous.... even the lib outlets that came are at least getting most of the facts straight, even if the bias is still obvious.... but Faux isn't even getting that right, here.

The big problem with Faux is that they basically have a monopoly on the non-moonbat viewing market. They literally have no competition, outside of perhaps things run by local news outlets in parts of the country. Some of those outlets are actually decent, but they only get local or regional exposure, and they don't have the "pomp and circumstance" of a big name news organization.

-Mike

Last edited:
Perhaps they are too worried about getting banned by obumma to be impartial.

I could have swore I heard Helmke say when referring to the laws passed allowing guns in National parks..." they now can let bad people with guns into the park" or something like that??? Was I hearing things???

I didn't catch that, but at one point I was typing this thread and not listening as keenly.

Leave it to Fox to play into preconceived stereotypes..... Nothing against Mr. Lackomar, but most gun owners, and most RKBA advocates, don't belong to a militia, at least not one that's organized. They wouldn't call someone, like say, Alan Gottlieb, because having him crush Helmke on national television apparently isn't good enough for ratings. My guess also is that Helmke probably knew up front who he would be "up against". Antis don't like anything resembling a fair fight. Their entire agenda is based on false information, lies, and intentional deception.

Maybe if Faux news actually bothered to show up at any of these rallies, things would be different. The reporting on them coming out of their gaping maws has been horrendous.... even the lib outlets that came are at least getting most of the facts straight, even if the bias is still obvious.... but Faux isn't even getting that right, here.

The big problem with Faux is that they basically have a monopoly on the non-moonbat viewing market. They literally have no competition, outside of perhaps things run by local news outlets in parts of the country. Some of those outlets are actually decent, but they only get local or regional exposure, and they don't have the "pomp and circumstance" of a big name news organization.

-Mike

Mike,
You're exactly right.

I thought the juxtaposition of Helmke in a suit against a militia guy in 'sweats' was deliberate and fed the Fox narrative about the opposition and who gun owners were.

Was there no articulate spokesperson for the RKBA than a militia member? I'm not crapping on militia's...just making the point that I think they went out of their way to set up a 'polar opposites' sort of visual.

Even understanding the nature of Fox's 'fair and balanced' news (more conservative than MSNBC), I found this approach to be really frustrating and disappointing.

I listened to the exchange on the radio this morning. Fox tried to suggest that Obama is basically pro-2A because he signed the national parks legislation. Doocy & Helmke made it sound as if gun rights advocates have nothing to complain about. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom