• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fox25 - Cops: Man used fake ID for ammo, guns

Fundamental problem - how does a person who is not a citizen of this country get a DL in the first place? Send 'em back...

Fundamental problem - how does a person who is not a citizen of this country get a DL in the first place? Send 'em back...

I dont understand your question, do you mean a person who is not a US citizen should not have driver's licenses? I think there are lots of people legally in this country who is not a US citizen and has a DL.

How could this "Haverhill man" have a valid NH DL? He is a Dominican citizen, living in Haverhill MA, carrying a NH DL... Wondering how that equals being able to buy three handguns.

I was surprised how strict the NH DMV was in issuing drivers licenses - proof of ID, residency, citizenship, etc.

I had to order a certified copy of my birth certificate from Augusta. My expired passport was not accepted as proof of citizenship.

If he got a fake NH DL, it had to be an inside job.

This is one story that's hard to believe. The last time I bought ammo I was lucky to get a hundred rounds. How could this guy get all that ammo? And what about the guns? A fake LTC. How did this guy fake the F.B.I. check and the state check with the pin number. If did really did happen,and I seriously doubt it did, he didn't buy any of this stuff in Mass. that's for sure.

This is one story that's hard to believe. The last time I bought ammo I was lucky to get a hundred rounds. How could this guy get all that ammo? And what about the guns? A fake LTC. How did this guy fake the F.B.I. check and the state check with the pin number. If did really did happen,and I seriously doubt it did, he didn't buy any of this stuff in Mass. that's for sure.

I know of a multiple convicted felon who held an LTC and FID in Mass. for years and made it through several renewals before it was caught. Some things don't need to be faked.

I know of a multiple convicted felon who held an LTC and FID in Mass. for years and made it through several renewals before it was caught. Some things don't need to be faked.

Just curious... I imagine he lied on the LTC/FID forms. If so, were there any consequences for lying on the application? Was he charged with anything when caught?

Thanks,

Rich

Just curious... I imagine he lied on the LTC/FID forms. If so, were there any consequences for lying on the application? Was he charged with anything when caught?

Thanks,

Rich

No consequences, no charges, no follow up. [thinking]

The dealer in question has already posted, and in this particular thread even.

This isn't a " Gun " story. It is an Illegal Alien story - I bet. Although I didn't see that term used anywhere .... and haven't for quite a while , actually.

My guess is the story goes something like this :

" A downtrodden immigrant came here seeking freedom from Evil Place where America did Bad Things. When he got here he found a nice support group to help him assimilate and gave him a job - maybe MS-13 or a smaller company distributing recreational products.

He accidentally had a few administrative errors in dealing with the racist government here and his Documents were not quite in order. He was just trying to return a favor for his new friends when he broke a dozen laws in obtaining 3 handguns and a pallet of ammo.

Nothing to see here , move along ... we told him to stick closer to church oriented social activities and gave him a donut. .... Whoa ! Hey , Look ! A white guy over there who has a weapons cache and 800 rounds of Ammo ! He didn't vote for Obama ... quick get him ... "

Anyone miss the part where he had $25,000 in cash along with the guns and ammo. Guess he doesn't trust US banks.

His Lawyer's defense:

Police: Man said 30,000 bullets were for target practice
He is held on $500,000 bail

By Paul Tennant
[email protected]

HAVERHILL — Keni Garcia told police he intended to use the 30,000 bullets they found in his car and home for target practice.

That is hard to believe, the prosecutor at Garcia's arraignment said, because if he were to fire a gun for eight hours a day, it would take weeks for him to use all of it.

Garcia, who allegedly bought thousands of rounds of ammunition and had 10,000 bullets in his car when he was stopped by police Thursday, was ordered held on $500,000 cash bail yesterday.

Attorney Socrates de la Cruz of Lawrence, who represented Garcia, 32, of 12 Freeman St., at his arraignment in Haverhill District Court, said he will appeal the high bail in Superior Court.

Garcia is charged with three counts of possession of a high-capacity firearm, illegal possession of ammunition and illegal storage of a firearm. His case was continued until June 12.

Assistant District Attorney Christopher Holland asked Judge Patricia Dowling to impose $750,000 cash bail.

"He has no reason to stay here," Holland said.

The judge ordered Garcia to surrender his passport, and said that if he makes bail he is not to leave Massachusetts.

Garcia is a native of the Dominican Republic who was expected to become a U.S. citizen yesterday, but then he was arrested, authorities said.

Police arrested Garcia after he had left Interstate 495 at Exit 49 Thursday. They said they found 10,000 rounds of ammunition in his car. His two young daughters also were in the car, police said.

Holland said at Garcia's arraignment that a "joint effort" by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and state police found that Garcia had previously bought 20,000 rounds of ammunition in New Hampshire.

Garcia told police he only intended to use the bullets for target practice at a rifle range, Holland said, disputing Garcia's explanation. His common law wife, Elizabeth Reynoso, consented to a search and police found another 20,000 rounds, Holland said. They also found one .38-caliber and two 9 mm handguns, and $25,000 in cash, Holland said.

The prosecutor said all of the bullets seized from Garcia were for .38-caliber, 9 mm and .22-caliber firearms. Such ammunition is "like gold in the Dominican Republic," he said.

Holland said Reynoso told police he had "a shipping type of business" and that the $25,000 in cash must have come from Garcia cashing a business check.

"Where is the crime?" de la Cruz asked. The lawyer said Garcia had lived in New Hampshire for three years before recently moving to Haverhill.

"He bought the guns legally," de la Cruz said. "He never hid the fact that he had them."

Furthermore, de la Cruz said that when Garcia moved to Haverhill, he had a 60-day grace period to obtain a Massachusetts firearms card.

"There is no crime committed," he argued, saying there was no evidence that Garcia was shipping guns or ammunition to the Dominican Republic.

He asked the judge to allow his client "to go back to his job." He said Garcia has worked at a local bakery for three years.

Yesterday, Freeman Street residents interviewed by The Eagle-Tribune said they did not know anything about Garcia or guns and ammunition being stored at or shipped from his home.

Medline Abiles, of 43 Freeman St., who resides across the street from Garcia's house, said that in the two months she has lived in the neighborhood, she has not observed any weapons or ammunition and had no reason to be suspicious. Her sister, Carmen Reyes, who visits frequently, said she also had never noticed anything suspicious at the two-family house at 12 Freeman St

we told him to stick closer to church oriented social activities and gave him a donut. ....

Doh.jpg

The dealer in question has already posted, and in this particular thread even.

I think that you are "reaching" . . . Jim already said that it wasn't him.

If this guy lived in NH (as reported), I'm not sure that he needed to be a US Citizen to purchase guns or ammo, legally. I have a late co-worker/friend who was a UK subject, lived and worked in NH for 3 years and carried a gun . . . I don't think he brought it with him from the UK, but probably bought it in NH. [Not kidding, he was a Col. in the British Army, special weapons unit and used/had access to weapons mere subjects couldn't possess.]

3 counts of "illegal possession of high capacity firearms" and one was a .38?? Very few .38s are "high capacity" . . . probably one of those "high capacity fully automatic revolvers" that the PDs and press like to spout about.

Comment by neighbor that he had only lived at this Haverhill address for "2 months" and that he had 60 days to get a license after moving from NH to MA is "interesting". However, as a non-Citizen he couldn't legally get a LTC anyway. Catch-22 Yossarian!

There are "ammo brokers" out there with many 100s of thousands (if not millions) of rounds of ammo. Jim and I both know one of these brokers.

Police: Man said 30,000 bullets were for target practice

This guy was an idiot. He was just about to become a citizen and did this? [rolleyes] But I am also saying, this "fake" license is going to end up being his old license from NH. It is also looking like he was buying these for export, which is going to be a federal crime. But he does not appear to be a gang banger. He may have also not been committing any crime (providing he wasn't exporting the ammo) had he stayed in NH. This is looking more and more like a crime against gun control and possibly little more. Now, if he was exporting the rounds, then that is a bigger issue but not a state issue.

"He bought the guns legally," de la Cruz said. "He never hid the fact that he had them."

Furthermore, de la Cruz said that when Garcia moved to Haverhill, he had a 60-day grace period to obtain a Massachusetts firearms card.

"There is no crime committed," he argued, saying there was no evidence that Garcia was shipping guns or ammunition to the Dominican Republic.

Comment by neighbor that he had only lived at this Haverhill address for "2 months" and that he had 60 days to get a license after moving from NH to MA is "interesting". However, as a non-Citizen he couldn't legally get a LTC anyway. Catch-22 Yossarian!

This guy was an idiot. He was just about to become a citizen and did this? [rolleyes] But I am also saying, this "fake" license is going to end up being his old license from NH. It is also looking like he was buying these for export, which is going to be a federal crime. But he does not appear to be a gang banger. He may have also not been committing any crime (providing he wasn't exporting the ammo) had he stayed in NH. This is looking more and more like a crime against gun control and possibly little more. Now, if he was exporting the rounds, then that is a bigger issue but not a state issue.

+1, I agree 100%.

People who can legally own guns anywhere other than Mass. can't own them here.

Lots of people have legitimate uses for lots of ammo.

If we didn't have stupid gun laws in Mass. and restrictions on exporting arms from the US, this wouldn't be news.

+1, I agree 100%.

People who can legally own guns anywhere other than Mass. can't own them here.

Lots of people have legitimate uses for lots of ammo.

If we didn't have stupid gun laws in Mass. and restrictions on exporting arms from the US, this wouldn't be news.

Like many of the members here, for instance. Except the last time I bought ammunition (about 1,900 rounds of assorted) I used my own, genuine id. If someone has posted that the claim of fake id was incorrect, I missed it.

You can say a law is unconstitutional, morally wrong or even nonsense, and nothing prevents you from disobeying any law.

However, if you choose to break the law you pretty much have to accept the consequences if you are caught. Speed: pay the ticket. Buy a gun w/o license: serve 10 years. Kill: bye-bye. Rape: 200 hours community service and anger management class (this IS Massachusetts, after all).

Like many of the members here, for instance. Except the last time I bought ammunition (about 1,900 rounds of assorted) I used my own, genuine id. If someone has posted that the claim of fake id was incorrect, I missed it.

You can say a law is unconstitutional, morally wrong or even nonsense, and nothing prevents you from disobeying any law.

However, if you choose to break the law you pretty much have to accept the consequences if you are caught. Speed: pay the ticket. Buy a gun w/o license: serve 10 years. Kill: bye-bye. Rape: 200 hours community service and anger management class (this IS Massachusetts, after all).

I agree with you. I think the laws are stupid, but I still obey them as I push to have them changed. I don't want to spend life in prison because "I have a right to own a machine gun without a license."

It sounds like the guy moved here from New Hampshire and still had the old driver's license, but kept it and used it to buy guns and ammo. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

It's illegal for sure, but if he'd had a Vermont driver's license and moved to NH this wouldn't be news.

If he made innocent mistakes then our legal system will surely be flexible enough to educate and reprimand rather than punish him with prison. [yeah, I know]

1) He made simple and understandable mistakes, not realizing how seriously Mass law persecutes gun owners. He ought to make things right, perhaps do some community service, learn a valuable lesson. However, he'll probably be deported after 10 years in prison.

2) He deliberately skirted the rules, knowing he was not in compliance but did it anyway. He ought to make things right, pay a fine, perhaps do some community service, learn a valuable lesson. However, he'll probably be deported after 10 years in prison.

3) He deliberately broke the law, not giving a rat's ass about buying counterfeit id, etc. He ought to be deported after 10 years in prison and probably will be.

4) He's a terrorist. He ought to fry. However, he'll probably receive an engraved invitation to brunch with the President and be setup with a free apartment and a job with the MTA.

Back
Top Bottom