Fox25 - Cops: Man used fake ID for ammo, guns

What's missing from this story?

HAVERHILL, Mass. (myfoxboston) - A Dominican man who was scheduled to become a U.S. citizen on Friday will instead be arraigned in court after police say he purchased 20,000 rounds of ammunition and three high-capacity pistols using a phony ID.

Keni Garcia, 32, of Haverhill, also tried to buy 55,000 more rounds in N.H., police said.

Garcia is not licensed to have any type of firearm or ammo in Massachusetts.

Police stopped Garcia after he bought ammo in N.H., and then drove to Haverhill with his two small daughters.

Garcia’s live-in girlfriend gave police permission to search their home where they found thousands of bullets, three unsecured pistols, and $25,000 in cash.

Police are trying to find out what Garcia planned to do with the weapons.

He is being held without bail.

Missing: Where, exactly, did he get the three guns he supposedly used a fake ID to purchase?

Ya, no shit!

So, now that he broke a few other laws, of course the guns and ammo were the problem all along.[rolleyes][rolleyes]

Last edited by a moderator:
What's missing from this story?

Missing: Where, exactly, did he get the three guns he supposedly used a fake ID to purchase?

I hope he didn't use a stolen ID of someone in NH not prohibited and knew enough about the guy to make it through NICS. Not good. This is going to be used as proof NICS isn't enough... [rolleyes] Hopefully the guns were street pieces and the ID was just for the ammo. God, 20K rounds of likely handgun ammo about to be destroyed... [sad2]

If the State was smart (yeah I know I know) they would sell off the ammo to people who are legally permitted to own it. Just like they do with cars, boats, houses,... seized in drug busts.

Just trying to do my part to save the State some money.

O.K. looking out for myself, trying to get some ammo, and personally couldn't give $.02 about the State, because they care even less about me, if I can't pay them and provide for them and the Hacks.

Boston Herald:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1172489

HAVERHILL — A Haverhill man has been charged with illegally having high-capacity guns and tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition in his home.

Prosecutors say 32-year-old Keni Garcia is scheduled to be arraigned in Haverhill District Court on Friday.

The Essex District Attorney’s office says Garcia was not licensed to possess firearms in Massachusetts.

Authorities started investigating about a week ago when Garcia tried to buy 55,000 rounds of ammunition in New Hampshire. Investigators also found he had recently bought three guns and 20,000 rounds of ammunition in New Hampshire.

He was arrested Thursday after buying 10,000 rounds of ammunition.

Authorities still do not know what Garcia intended to do with the weapons and ammunition.

If he bought them with a fake NH DL, and they find someone at the DMV is selling them, I say string him up.

. . .
. . . Garcia’s live-in girlfriend gave police permission to search their home where they found thousands of bullets . . .
. . .

Not going to do him a lot of good without casings, primers, powder . . .

Hey wait just a minute, now.

Didn't EddieCoyle just score like 20k bullets recently?!

EC! You're Dominican? I would never have guessed! [sorry, couldn't resist!]

So, did he have a fake MA LTC or a fake NH drivers license?

. . . If he bought them with a fake NH DL, and they find someone at the DMV is selling them, I say string him up.

ID is required to buy ammo in NH? I don't think everyone got the memo.

Anyway, with that much ammo, I hope the guy had a fake ammunition storage permit, too!

I hope he didn't use a stolen ID of someone in NH not prohibited and knew enough about the guy to make it through NICS. Not good. This is going to be used as proof NICS isn't enough... [rolleyes] Hopefully the guns were street pieces and the ID was just for the ammo.

Anyone with more than one functioning brain cell can figure out how to effectively bypass NICS. All it takes is a willingness for the criminal to commit a few federal felonies, which most of them don't seem to have a problem doing right now anyways. This isn't exactly hidden information. Further, it really isn't a NICS "problem" either, but rather a problem with the fact that identification in this country is effectively a rather fungible thing to some degree or another. Antis and other authoritarian douchebags would not be able to "improve" NICS without passing sweeping changes in identification methods, most of which involve some serious violation of civil liberties. Even then, it still won't stop greedy people from strawing guns to criminals.

God, 20K rounds of likely handgun ammo about to be destroyed... [sad2]

I too am saddened by the fact that the authorities will probably destroy
the ammo. What a waste... [crying]

-Mike

Hints -4-U

1. Click on the link above - the one that says "click here for ammo" hmmm plenty there.
2. Three handguns purchased at border gun stores.
3. Purchased with legit NH DL
4. Address used for NHDL not good
5. Welcome back to the DR

It's a shame that others turn their heads for a pile of cash - head turn'n didn't happen here [smile]

1. Click on the link above - the one that says "click here for ammo" hmmm plenty there.
2. Three handguns purchased at border gun stores.
3. Purchased with legit NH DL
4. Address used for NHDL not good
5. Welcome back to the DR

It's a shame that others turn their heads for a pile of cash - head turn'n didn't happen here [smile]

I read this as you were involved. Also, do you know for sure he purchased the handguns on the stolen/fake NH DL? What does DR mean?

Jim,

Any chance of this ammunition going to auction rather than being destroyed?

20k rounds would draw a lot of attention and pull a fairly good price.

Jim,

Any chance of this ammunition going to auction rather than being destroyed?

20k rounds would draw a lot of attention and pull a fairly good price.

In NH they might, but in MA, no way!

Either it will be "confiscated" for LE use (after the trial/appeals) or destroyed. SOP in MA.

Personally, I have no problem if the LE orgs get to burn up the ammo . . . especially if it is used for "additional training" that orgs wouldn't have the funds (or ammo) to do otherwise.

Lens,

Absolutely. I have no problem with Law Enforcement using confiscated ammunition for additional training. If that's what it will be used for, awesome. Fire it off and auction off the once fired brass when you're done so the PD can fund more training programs.

Back
Top Bottom