• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Foxboro Show Feb 4&5

Learned my lesson last year. Best part of my day was lunch at the Redwing after the show.

Crap show filled with smelly people, cheap (junk) knives, $100 bricks of bulk 22. Airsoft grade AR parts.

Now with no ARs or AKs I can only imagine. Sucks because finally a show near me...

I thought this was a pretty crappy show. It was packed and you could barely make it up and down the isles. If you started on the left side you had to wade through 3 isle of junk and crap before you found someone selling an actual firearms. It also seemed like prices for the most part was even higher then they normally are. Sure, it's a gun show and there are suckers born every day, but they were selling pretty common guns for $200 more then any gun store.

The only think of interest was a Llama 1911 in 45acp. As I was looking at it through the vendors case a guy was standing next to me and asked to see it before I did. He took hold of it and in less then 10 seconds he bought it. You snooze you lose! Though it was good I didn't buy it as I visited Holliston Firearms and pulled the trigger on a rifle I've been wanting.

This has been the norm for a long time. I'm sure there was a bit of up pricing on the chance of a poor turn out tomorrow because of that game that bowl game that's one[wink]
One thing I have learned about shows is if your looking for a particular deal your most likely going to not find it.
I have a list of items I know I'm not going to find locally and I have a set price I will pay....
Most times with cash flowing under their noses they tend to sell for the price I'm willing to pay. I never go to shows looking for deals on ammo unless it's odd ball stuff.
I don't look at the cheap stuff.
I like to look at older scopes. I have found a few good deals. Used to pick up M1 garand and 1903 parts from a vendor but I have not seen him in years. Always reasonable.
I also plan the day around the gun shops in the area.
Before the shows came to plymouth and now Foxboro I would hit all the shops with in a short drive of Marlboro show. Usually spent my money at 4 seasons.

Did anybody get the name of the company selling the soft AR cases? I think last year he was near the middle of the room. They were padded with a really soft inside. I forget where he was from. Thanks

Did anybody get the name of the company selling the soft AR cases? I think last year he was near the middle of the room. They were padded with a really soft inside. I forget where he was from. Thanks
I'm in the parking lot heading in now, I'll keep an eye out and try to report back

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

^^^referring to above rifle cases conversation^^^^

grabbed one of their 46 cases a couple years ago. very happy with my purchase, and the quality of their build. glad it's made in the USA as well.[thumbsup]

I worked a shift of OT Friday night and knew if I went home I'd go to bed so even though I barely had the price of admission I was bored so I made the trip. Considering there were empty spots they should have eliminated a row and widened the isles. They were barely wide enough for 3 people side by each!
The theme of the day seemed to be family reunions at the end of each isle. Does everyone need to stop there to chat? Caught a good nip slip watching a holster demo at least.

I went to the show with low expectations. I was looking for a specific gun (WW2 Luger). Ended up finding one in very good shape with all matching parts at a decent price. Plus I have my C&R, so saved a bunch on sales tax. Got it from Collectors Firearms & Militaria in Chelmsford. Really nice guys with some great C&R pieces.

Back
Top Bottom