Framingham Police Officer Shot

I would not expect a reply... Nova's status has been changed on NES.

Rich

How is it despicable? While there are plenty of times I don't see eye to eye with law enforcement, anyone who shoots a cop should expect a beat down. They are only human.

Picture this - if an adult assaulted your own child, right in front of you, would you ask him to kindly stop and then report it to the police, or would you beat the bag out of him?

While I wouldn't condone police brutality, and I'm sure there are plenty of times that some people go overboard, I cannot see the average person treating a perp with kid gloves after he was shooting at you.

Thoughts and prayers going out to the injured Officer, his Family, Friends and co-workers!

Needless to say, the courts do not mete out adequate justice to those guilty of these crimes. Enough said!

On WBZ news they just said the guy who was arrested had "ammunition but no weapon" on him...

Ditched it so some little kid can go find it later in an alley.....?

Thoughts and prayers are with the officer, his family, and his fellow officers...

It really is a shame. I hope they find the second guy and beat the piss out of him.

It is also a shame the Obama (read NOVA) had to start posting in this forum. Good thing he is now banned!

Hope the officer recovers all right and that they get the one still at large.

Some of my boys were shot at last night too, luckily they weren't hit, though neither was the shooter... he did get the beating of his life when his 6-shooter went dry though. Everyone out there who wants to bash cops, now is the time we're earning those paychecks. It's f***ing dangerous out there right now.
Glad they're all right.

No one's ever said on NES (I don't think) that the job isn't dangerous. Most of the complaints have to do with other things that I'm not going to bring up here.

Care to elaborate? or was this a knee jerk reaction?

sure, I will elaborate. The officers are to maintain order, law. They are humans, have moms, dads, kids etc. To me, if you are such a piece of crap to shoot at an officer, then you deserve whatever you get. That piece of crap is lucky they did not turn him into swiss cheese. Many of my friends are cops or married to cops. Many of my family members are military. Someone shooting at a cop is like waving a red flag at a bull. Same thing if you run from the cops, try to run them down. It is like upping the anty. Make them run to arrest you? Fine, don't complain if you 'fall'. I am sick to death of people complaining that 'he was a good boy'. If they were such a good kid, then why were they shooting at the cops? If my kid or step kids do this, there would be hell to pay.

sure, I will elaborate. The officers are to maintain order, law. They are humans, have moms, dads, kids etc. To me, if you are such a piece of crap to shoot at an officer, then you deserve whatever you get. That piece of crap is lucky they did not turn him into swiss cheese. Many of my friends are cops or married to cops. Many of my family members are military. Someone shooting at a cop is like waving a red flag at a bull. Same thing if you run from the cops, try to run them down. It is like upping the anty. Make them run to arrest you? Fine, don't complain if you 'fall'. I am sick to death of people complaining that 'he was a good boy'. If they were such a good kid, then why were they shooting at the cops? If my kid or step kids do this, there would be hell to pay.

I'll get hell for saying this, but it's still not legal to do it. It doesn't make it right.

Someone in Worcester shot a cop in the stomach because he thought they were breaking into his house (The didn't announce). Once he realized they were police and surrendered, did he deserve a beating too?

We have trials for a reason.

The person who shot at the cop will hopefully get what's coming to him. It may be the most rewarding to have the victim cop take the suspect's life or beat the crap out of him, but unfortunately that's not what our laws dictate.

If the kid still had a gun and was aiming at more cops...that's a different story. Open up with what you got and reach for more mags until the sucker is down.

Picture this - if an adult assaulted your own child, right in front of you, would you ask him to kindly stop and then report it to the police, or would you beat the bag out of him?

While I wouldn't condone police brutality, and I'm sure there are plenty of times that some people go overboard, I cannot see the average person treating a perp with kid gloves after he was shooting at you.

If someone assaulted my child (and I don't have one) I'd beat the crap out of them, but I would fully expect to be arrested and charged for it.

What's that saying? 2 wrongs don't make a right?

Sorry Underwhere, you're way off base in this case.

Officers immediately entered the rear seat compartment of the car and engaged the suspect. After a violent struggle, officers were able to subdue the suspect

Last edited:
I'll get hell for saying this, but it's still not legal to do it. It doesn't make it right.

Well, true. It is not legal, and that is what we have trials for...good point and true. I was thinking of the active threat to the police....again, to me, you are begging for a beat down.

I am not familiar with the case in Worcester. If that is so, then it is sad. I am referring to those who have no respect for LEO's and the law. If they have no respect for LEO's and the law, they certainly are not going to have any respect for you and your loved ones. Trust me on that.

If he was violently struggling, understandable. But if they just threw him a beatdown instead of cuffing him and he wasn't resisting... that would be very, VERY wrong.

I'm not condoning shooting at Cops, but neither should anyone condone Cops acting like thugs. They're there to enforce the law, no their own vendettas.

Don't get me wrong Derek, if I were shot at I would give the shooter a beat-down too if I couldn't put holes in him. If I were a cop I would do the same. It's not legally right. Morally, maybe. Hell maybe if beat downs by cops were legal we would see lower crime rates, but what happens when an innocent gets the shit kicked out of him?

Well I can't really condone a "beating" but I can understand the use of reasonable force to subdue a suspect who is resisting. I'm sure the nice LEO just used the wrong word when he posted

And for the news reports that the wound was not considered life threatening any open wound is a path for an deadly infection, so IMHO any wound is life threatening. Don't ask me how I know just take my word for it.

Still praying for the cops safe recovery, as much as I disagree with LEO's, nobody on that side of the thin blue line should be shot at in the lawful execution of their sworn duty.

The original comment from the now 'banned one' was about FiXXer024's comment and not the story/incident in the OP, which is to what Underwhere is referring. Street justice happens, doesn't make it right though.

Fair enough. Although, quite frankly, I think that people who take shots at police are more likely to violently resist once police try to cuff them, so I think it's probably a moot point. Besides that coward in Pittsburgh who gave up and cried for the police to come in and help him, after murdering three officers who were just doing a routine domestic call.

Once he's cuffed and in the back of the car, then let the justice system deal with him. But as long as he's resisting, they can kick the living crap out of him, especially if he just tried to take innocent life.

I can see both sides of this. I am also tired of militarized do no wrong ever law enforcement. And their are a lot of great peace officers who do wonderful things for us keep crime down and save lives. So I see both sides BUTT when you pull a gun a knife a bat etc on a cop the pope me its on until its over...........

First, best wishes to the Framingham police officer. As for the little thug that shot him, he more than deserves having his ass kicked. In general, I am all for vengeance, and if I were a police officer and one of my buddies got shot you can bet I would look for every chance to put some hurt into the shooter. My only concern (apart from the law) would be making sure I had the right guy. Assuming the perp is known, it should be open season on him. Sometimes it's just time to toss down the facade of civilization and get to work.

If someone assaulted my child (and I don't have one) I'd beat the crap out of them, but I would fully expect to be arrested and charged for it.

What's that saying? 2 wrongs don't make a right?

I not saying 2 wrongs make a right. Yes, I would expect to be arrested as well. So if someone attacked my child, would you be surprised if I beat the crap out of him? I don't think my actions would surprise you, nor would either of us be surprised when I got arrested.

I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but it's definitely an understandable reaction. If someone were shooting at me, they shouldn't be surprised if physical violence ensued. It doesn't make it 100% right, but those are pretty mitigating circumstances. I'm not 100% sure I'm conveying this properly. I know what I'm trying to say, even if it's not coming out right. :)

I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but it's definitely an understandable reaction. If someone were shooting at me, they shouldn't be surprised if physical violence ensued. It doesn't make it 100% right, but those are pretty mitigating circumstances. I'm not 100% sure I'm conveying this properly. I know what I'm trying to say, even if it's not coming out right. :)

I think it's completely wrong, and any cop that resorts to this kind of violence should be fired immediately, and perhaps arrested themselves. If he's not defending himself, it's assault, pure and simple.

Yes, it sucks, and no, it's not "really" fair. But that's the price officers pay to be the only group with arresting and similar powers that you and I never have. Because of this, they MUST be held to a much higher standard than the rest of us peons.

First, best wishes to the Framingham police officer. As for the little thug that shot him, he more than deserves having his ass kicked. In general, I am all for vengeance, and if I were a police officer and one of my buddies got shot you can bet I would look for every chance to put some hurt into the shooter. My only concern (apart from the law) would be making sure I had the right guy. Assuming the perp is known, it should be open season on him. Sometimes it's just time to toss down the facade of civilization and get to work.

There are people in prison, not many but they do exist, who everyone swore up and down were guilty meanwhile future advances in science showed they were very much innocent. That prosecutor down in SC swore he had the right perps for the rape of the stripper. See how that worked out? I seriously doubt in the heat of the moment where you are seething a buddy got shot, hit, murdered, etc you will be able to do the best due diligence in determining the guilt of the supposed perp. Informants lie, cops lie, witnesses lie and sometimes none of those groups have clear motivation for doing so, yet they do it. We have a system of justice that requires time and due diligence for a reason. Minimizing false positives was high on the list of priorities for the people who designed it. They wanted to make it hard to get convictions for a very good reason. The cost of freedom meant that some bad guys got to go free. But that was far better than an innocent person having to lose their freedom which was far more valuable to them than security. we forget that all too often but gun owners are constantly harassed based on this false premise that security is worth more than freedom.

A police officer was shot in the face lets stop the bullshit.

God bless him and his family. My family said a prayer at dinner for him tonight.

The people who are bashing the police in this thread should be ashamed of themselves. There are plenty of other threads here where you can bash away at officers who have done something wrong, I am the first to admitt when a fellow officer is in the wrong..... But this thread is about a brave officer shot in the face and hand doing the right thing. Looking out for your safety. Trying to do a good job so people wont bash police.

He was doing the right thing and people still think its appropriate to bash. There are no reports that the BAD GUY was abused in any way. So take your bashing to the other 3 million threads here bashing LEO's (some of them deservedly so) but leave this one for the praise that Off. Phil Hurton and Framingham Police deserve in this matter

Back
Top Bottom