France Requires Heirloom Weapons to Be Turned In Across the Country

Most small arms in Europe is done underground anyways. There's nothing on the books over there, it's all hidden in the walls and stuffed in mattresses. Some people learned a very hard life lesson in the aftermath of WW2.
I learned about that while I was in the west of Ireland 15 years ago. Those farmers were a hoot to chat with.My daughter did a lot of horseback riding over there and I would get talking with the farmers and one came out with a beat-up old Colt AR that he said he found years ago and had a little chuckle when he said "found ".

@SFC13557 Not really on both. Post WWII, although there was the death penalty for the possession of arms, a lot of stuff had been squirreled away. As a kid I played with an MP40 in my Grand Parents' house. Wonder, where this one ended up.
I'm sure any German citizen who could hide a firearm after the war did.

We were in Nuremburg in 1999 on a 3 day pass and one of my PL's was a WWII Memorabilia collector and he wanted a real Nazi Iron cross which was prohibited from being sold in Germany from what I was told. He took me to a collector shop and once he flashed a roll of Yankee Greenback's we went into a back room where the owner had some pretty cool stuff from the Nazi era. No weapons but I'm sure this good German had some interesting firearms stashed somewhere. My PL pressed him but he just looked at us and smiled.

You are correct which is why they were so shocked and enraged when Trump won in 2016. They marshalled all their forces after the election, the Swamp (FBI, DOJ, State Dept., ATF, etc) and the lamestream media to deny Trump any more victories and to come after us. Now they know they can't complete their takeover of the country with Armed white Americans still roaming the country as free men/woman.

They must destroy the Supreme Court because they defied the Leftists and you and me because we DARE to resist their takeover of society.

Victor Davis Hanson wrote a column in October in which he stated the Dem party has moved so far left that they can't depend on winning elections to takeover so they must resort to violence and intimidation to achieve their goals.
Yup

BTW, Victor Davis Hanson is straight up THE man!

Bad headline: they're not requiring it. You can keep your stuff, but you'll need to register them and submit to checks every year. This sounds like something they do periodically.

It's a shame, though, but we have the same problem here: granddad does something amazing in his youth, brings back a souvenir, then it's forgotten 70 or a hundred years later and nobody wants the souvenir anymore. The better move would be to let museums take all of them, but the article says there are 5 million of these things in private hands in France. I doubt there are enough museums.

Too bad.
I identify as a French museum

Hmm, should be LOTS of French and German bolt action rifles in basements in France. Can you say K98's!
You’re funny!!!
seen MG42s, MP40s, Stens, and a bunch of american stuff in more than just one house. Ammo is there as well. Nevermind the little nasty eggs. The 98s MIGHT be the shit they register, if they feel like it.
Lots of people on here underestimate my countrymen.

Bad headline: they're not requiring it. You can keep your stuff, but you'll need to register them and submit to checks every year. This sounds like something they do periodically.

It's a shame, though, but we have the same problem here: granddad does something amazing in his youth, brings back a souvenir, then it's forgotten 70 or a hundred years later and nobody wants the souvenir anymore. The better move would be to let museums take all of them, but the article says there are 5 million of these things in private hands in France. I doubt there are enough museums.

Too bad.
I wonder how many of them are souvenirs from the day real men landed on their shores and saved their asses while they hid in a hole somewhere.

I nearly cried the first time I went to my friend Pete's mother's house. ~10 years ago I went over to help pull out some old shrubs and put in some arborvitaes. I noticed a rifle sitting in the corner of the garage covered in dust. When I asked about it he said "Oh that has been there forever. It used to be my grandfather's.". I went over to check it out, it was his GF's M1. Completely rusted closed and pitted to shit. The stock had been ravaged by insects, moisture and time. The irony is that when I offered good money to buy and restore it they declined because it was "sentimental". [rolleyes]

Last edited:
I wonder how many of them are souvenirs from the day real men landed on their shores and saved their asses while they hid in a hole somewhere.

I nearly cried the first time I went to my friend Pete's mother's house for the first time. ~10 years ago I went over to help pull out some old shrubs and put in some arborvitaes. I noticed a rifle sitting in the corner covered in dust. When I asked about it he said "Oh that has been there forever. It used to be my grandfather's.". I went over to check it out, it was his GF's M1. Completely rusted closed and pitted to shit. The stock had been ravaged by insects, moisture and time. The irony is that when I offered good money to buy and restore it they declined because it was "sentimental". [rolleyes]
See the video I posted. Forgotten Weapons just did a video on ex-British No.4 rifles that were just imported from France. Post-war,the French collected weapons dropped by Allies and the French Police marked and serial numbered the rifles, then put them in storage - slings and all. Of course, who wanted a heavy clunky No.4 Enfield? Turn those in to distract the police from the pistols and Sten guns in the barn. Operation CARPETBAGGER: French Resistance No4 Enfield

Back
Top Bottom