Frankford Arsenal 10 Station Press

Looks massive. Not necessarily a bad thing.
If thats not 180 degrees of throw, its close.
I wonder what they'll get for caliber changes and what the warranty is.
Almost half the cost of a decked out 750.
I see a surgical tube for a bullet feed, but not a collator in the vid.

I have so many questions about this thing.

So you have one on order then?

That thing has a massive amount of throw to it. Looks like its reduced that much for setting up for automation.
No, it was a joke because Optics Planet never has anything in stock.

But I will buy one. $700 + case feeder for a 10 stage is awesome. A Dillon 750 costs the same.

I am in the market for my first progressive and the 750 wont swage, the 1100, supposedly, wont handle 458 socom even at its price point. This has my attention as well.
I always thought of frankfort stuff as low end, wondering how quality it is.

Yea, I'll wait till they roll out and see whats what. Never be the first to buy anything new to the market.
I think this is their first run at presses. Not sure how long their single stage has been around. They don't make firearms, ammo or dies so I'm skeptical. Although it does look like they've done research on a few things.
Was planning on a 750, I'm curious to see how this is after 6-8 months of being in use.

No, it was a joke because Optics Planet never has anything in stock.

But I will buy one. $700 + case feeder for a 10 stage is awesome. A Dillon 750 costs the same.

My level of sarcasm may have transcended the internet ranking of sarcasm kung-fu leveling system.
I am now at Ghandi level sarcasm. One notch higher than Chuck Norris level sarcasm.
I must meditate on this, and use my sarcasm only for good.

I think this is their first run at presses. Not sure how long their single stage has been around.

Been around since they were able to steal the design from Forster, I think?

It looks like a damn good deal, but I might still opt for a Dillon when/if it’s ever time to upgrade because I’ve been trying really hard to ‘buy American’ when possible. If the FA product is superior to the Dillon somehow, then maybe I’ll still consider it.

like the poster above, I’m not going to be the one to buy it first and find out if it’s a heap of garbage or not.

That being said though...I’ve been using the FA tumbler and inertia bullet puller from them since I started reloading in 2014/2015...both work excellent!

Definitely a slick setup though. I’m absolutely amazed at the price point, and Mike Dillon is probably rolling in his grave thinking about the child slave labor used to build these in Wuhan 😂

Last edited:
I just signed up for an email reminder. I am a Dillon fanboi but for that price I would grab one to play around with (especially for a dedicated 9mm with bullet feeder).

Here are my 750 vs 1100 costs spreadsheets. The mark 7 is 3k just for the press and supports less calibers than the 1100.. What other options are there for a reloader that offer on press swaging and match quality ammo? ( and decent support when something just doesn't work right )
1613573182178.png
1613573236552.png

Looks cool but i fee way more comfortable spending the money with a company with decades of experience and one of best warranty and customer service departments. Anyone find out where this is made🙄

I like that its compatible with standard (Lee/Hornady/RCBS) dies so you don't need to buy the proprietary stuff.

I’m worried this will be a big POS. Their CoAx press turned out to be junk from the few videos I watched on it. Some leaned towards poor QC instead of just a bad design or bad materials but overall not great reviews.

I would definitely want to see and feel one up front. I have a feeling they will have a bunch quality problems out of the gate. They clearly are going after Dillon's market share, and with things like "limited lifetime warranty " vs Dillon's "no bs warranty " it's a big gamble for them.
I think there is a reason dillon has chosen not to swage on their 550/650/750 machines. I mean if FA has cracked the code as far as having a quality machine that can do it all, then more power to them, they should make a boat load once the word gets out. But I'm a pessimistic by nature.

Also, in the video, one guy says "available at the end of 2021" the guy next to him immediately says "you heard it, be available at the end of summer".
What kind of calendars are they using there?

Last edited:
I would definitely want to see and feel one up front. I have a feeling they will have a bunch quality problems out of the gate. They clearly are going after Dillon's market share, and with things like "limited lifetime warranty " vs Dillon's "no bs warranty " it's a big gamble for them.
I think there is a reason dillon has chosen no to stage on their 550/650/750 machines. I mean if FA has cracked the code as far as having a quality machine that can do it all, then more power to them, they should make a boat load once the word gets out. But I'm a pessimistic by nature.

Also, in the video, one guy says "available at the end of 2021" the guy next to him immediately says "you heard it, be available at the end of summer".
What kind of calendars are they using there?

I was hoping Lyman would release a decent quality progressive press after acquiring Mark 7.

Doesn't look like that will happen.

Would be nice to have another 10 stage around the $700-1000 mark.

They clearly are going after Dillon's market share, and with things like "limited lifetime warranty " vs Dillon's "no bs warranty " it's a big gamble for them.
Do you think they are going after the 650/750 customers or the 1100? The frankford press is more like the 1100. And the 1100 only has a 2 year warranty, then all BS after that time.

I was hoping Lyman would release a decent quality progressive press after acquiring Mark 7.
LOL, they did. The Apex 10. Took the evolution, changed some AL parts to lesser expensive cast iron parts then took it to market at the same price as the Evo. (not saying the cast iron parts are lesser quality parts, just less expensive)

LOL, they did. The Apex 10. Took the evolution, changed some AL parts to lesser expensive cast iron parts then took it to market at the same price as the Evo. (not saying the cast iron parts are lesser quality parts, just less expensive)
LOL. So they didn't really bring down the price or create a 6 stage or something to compete at the Dillon 750 / LNL level.

Although I consider the LNL a step down from a Dillon 750/650.

Do you think they are going after the 650/750 customers or the 1100? The frankford press is more like the 1100. And the 1100 only has a 2 year warranty, then all BS after that time.
I think they intend to attract more people from the smaller dillon product lines. It would be the smarter play. The 550/650 lines have to be Dillon's best selling presses vs the 1050/1100. A 1100 currently sells for 2100. FA's price point is so low, people looking at the 1100 would not even compare the FA because it would be assumed it is such a lower quality machine (based on the price only).

Probably aimed at potatoes like myself looking to go a little faster than my current 550.

I was leaning towards a semi-decked out 750, but with this thing coming out.....
Priming system has to be as good as, or better than the 550/750.
Cost of caliber changeovers have to be reasonable, like the complete kits from Dillon.
It has a few boxes it has to check off and it has to be out for a while before I head in that direction.

like Nick, I’m too cynical and I have to see it run.

There looks like theres alot of adjustment , near press handle pivot. Looks like alot of threaded rods in there?
Also from the look theres a good amount of plastic in the works. i know plastics have come a long way but i still rather have metal for lots of things.

They uploaded a video. This press looks sweet.

They have had a price for a while of $1099 with a case feeder. The price looks too good to be true, we will see when it is released.

I will probably buy one for pistol and turn the 750 into a dedicated 45/70 press.

Back
Top Bottom