Frankford Arsenal 10 Station Press

that 18" long arm and 180+ deg of throw looks like a heck of an upper body workout.
arm is really almost same as on my dillon, but, a whole 10 stations... probably a nice to have, but, 5 is also pretty enough. dunno.
they obviously will be in a dillon 1050 segment price wise. while nice - not even remotely interests me, the 750 does all i may think of or need.

but i probably do not think large enough. :)

I would definitely want to see and feel one up front. I have a feeling they will have a bunch quality problems out of the gate. They clearly are going after Dillon's market share, and with things like "limited lifetime warranty " vs Dillon's "no bs warranty " it's a big gamble for them.
I think there is a reason dillon has chosen not to swage on their 550/650/750 machines. I mean if FA has cracked the code as far as having a quality machine that can do it all, then more power to them, they should make a boat load once the word gets out. But I'm a pessimistic by nature.

Also, in the video, one guy says "available at the end of 2021" the guy next to him immediately says "you heard it, be available at the end of summer".
What kind of calendars are they using there?
Dillon has a one year warranty, not a "no bs warranty" on the 1050, Super 1050 and 1100 presses. Years ago it Dillon treated as if it were lifetime warranty on the 10xx presses but that has changed.

Dillon also limits their electronic warranty to one year (scales, case feeder/tumbler motors, etc.). If you have a very old unit with a lifetime warranty, said warranty will be cancelled and replaced with a one year warranty if you file a claim and they replace the unit. This is a clear violation of warranty law, but Dillon seems to get away with it.

Frankford's failure to list the 38 Supercomp caliber indicates they are out of touch with the practical shooting market segment, though it would not surprise me if one of their plates is compatible.

Dillon has a one year warranty, not a "no bs warranty" on the 1050, Super 1050 and 1100 presses. Years ago it Dillon treated as if it were lifetime warranty on the 10xx presses but that has changed.

Dillon also limits their electronic warranty to one year (scales, case feeder/tumbler motors, etc.). If you have a very old unit with a lifetime warranty, said warranty will be cancelled and replaced with a one year warranty if you file a claim and they replace the unit. This is a clear violation of warranty law, but Dillon seems to get away with it.

Frankford's failure to list the 38 Supercomp caliber indicates they are out of touch with the practical shooting market segment, though it would not surprise me if one of their plates is compatible.
It can reload 38 Super, says so on their website. Can the same shell plate be used for Super Comp?

It can reload 38 Super, says so on their website. Can the same shell plate be used for Super Comp?
Not sure if it would be that shell plate of the plate used for 9mm. 1911s purpose built for 38 Supercomp use the same breechface as a 9mm, however, a 38 Super breechface generally works with supercomp. Hard stop if you have the 9mm breechface for supercomp and a single super round is loaded - it will not slide up into position.

I would not buy one because of the long term risk. There is a chance FA could not achieve the level of success is requires to keep the press in production, in which case parts will become an issue (just like Dillon RL1000 parts are today). It is interesting they went "high end only" and not a range of presses at lower price poiints.

Not sure if it would be that shell plate of the plate used for 9mm. 1911s purpose built for 38 Supercomp use the same breechface as a 9mm, however, a 38 Super breechface generally works with supercomp. Hard stop if you have the 9mm breechface for supercomp and a single super round is loaded - it will not slide up into position.

I would not buy one because of the long term risk. There is a chance FA could not achieve the level of success is requires to keep the press in production, in which case parts will become an issue (just like Dillon RL1000 parts are today). It is interesting they went "high end only" and not a range of presses at lower price poiints.
That is a lower price point.

Why bother making a 5 stage when there is plenty of competiton in that market. Go above 5 and the choices are very limited to either Dillon and dropping over $1500 for the full set up or more expensive options.

I think a 10 stage at $1K is really good pricing if this thing turns out to be a quality press.

A Dillon 750 fully set up will cost over $1K.

The long term risk is a really good point.

Just got an email from MSS, they have it available for backorder and all the plates are showing in stock

The QC and customer support on these presses is non existent. I have owned the press for 6 weeks and its been waiting for replies and parts for just as long. All replacement parts are back ordered, i was told by one of their engineers the base on my press was machined incorrectly so a new shell plate advance mechanism wouldnt fix my issue but customer support is saying the engineer didnt tell me that and they wont send me a new press.

I used to like FA stuff but after this experience I would tell my worst enemy to buy their products.

The QC and customer support on these presses is non existent. I have owned the press for 6 weeks and its been waiting for replies and parts for just as long. All replacement parts are back ordered, i was told by one of their engineers the base on my press was machined incorrectly so a new shell plate advance mechanism wouldnt fix my issue but customer support is saying the engineer didnt tell me that and they wont send me a new press.

I used to like FA stuff but after this experience I would tell my worst enemy to buy their products.
Can you return the press?

Back
Top Bottom