Franklin Arsenal Wet Tumbler ?

How/where do you dispose of the dirty water? This is the one thing that has held me back from going to wet.

How/where do you dispose of the dirty water? This is the one thing that has held me back from going to wet.

I use a few 5 gallon buckets to dump dirty water and also while rinsing. I also bought the "micro screens" which make dumping/rinsing without losing pins a ton easier. Even the drying of the brass is not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Do it.

<edit>...yep, and then i dump the water on the neighbors lawn ;-)

I use the Tumblers B Tumbler , the red unit . I cleaned like everyone else , dry media , corn , walnut. A shooting buddy told me about wet tumbling , wasn't too keen on it at first , water and cases didn't sound good untill I tried it , it's like reloading new brass each time , squeaky clean inside and out , even primer pockets . Gave all the dry stuff to a friend, will never go back.

Once you go the wet tumbling route, you'll never look back. So shiny, so clean!
The FA wet tumbler is a beast. Got mine as an open item for $125 at Bezos.com.
Well spent!IMG-20210130-WA0014.jpegIMG-20210130-WA0007.jpeg

I've only been reloading for about 6 months, and have only wet tumbled so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it isn't really that much work. I wet tumble, drain and rinse then run the cases through the sifter to remove the pins. I dump the cases into an old bath towel and move them around, then leave them outside to dry or put them on a cookie sheet in the oven for 20 minutes and they're done. After they dry/cool down they go into an ammo can.

I live in a condo so I chose the wet tumbling route as I do everything inside.

That's exactly how I do it. I also have to hold a couple cases at a time under water to shake any remaining pins out as it would be very bad if there was one still in there when annealing with Annealing Made Perfect machine. But I do the towel thing to get most of the water off them, then low heat in oven on a cookie sheet. I once tried air drying with an air nozzle and compressor but took way too long.

I don't use the FART often, but when I do I use RCBS sifter full of water. ALL the pins drop out of the cases while turning submerged in water. YMMV...

Back
Top Bottom