• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Frb Address STILL hasn't been Updated

I sent in all the correct paperwork within a week of moving to my new address via certified mail--Followed the law to the T and considered it done and over with. I Recently logged on to the portal over a month later and noticed it still registered my old address. It seems that, according to DCJIS faq documents this information is controlled by local pd, and as such, I should call them. Is this correct? Can I legally purchase a firearm despite this info being out of date?
Thanks in advance,
Cm

PD doesn't change the address, or it would never be done in most cases. It is FRB that does it. If you have receipts for the Certified Mail, you've done your part. Yes, the discrepancy is likely to cause a problem with buying guns. If I were you, I'd make a call to FRB and ask them to update your info.

This state sucks. Glad you started this post as I have a couple friends who have changed their address and submitted the form etc. I'll have to tell them to check to see if their address has been updated.

This state sucks. Glad you started this post as I have a couple friends who have changed their address and submitted the form etc. I'll have to tell them to check to see if their address has been updated.
They can do a verification on the website and learn if it has changed (or still valid for those that reported they moved out of MA).

NOTE: If you notified them that you aren't a Mass subject anymore and it shows as still valid with the out of state address, no need to do anything. However, I wouldn't carry on that with the hopes of not getting jacked up in MA.

I sent in all the correct paperwork within a week of moving to my new address via certified mail--Followed the law to the T ...
Who did you send "all the correct paperwork" to?

I ... logged on to the portal over a month later and noticed it still registered my old address. It seems that, according to DCJIS faq documents this information is controlled by local pd
What is the link to the "DCJIS faq documents" where you read this?

Who did you send "all the correct paperwork" to?

What is the link to the "DCJIS faq documents" where you read this?
UPDATE: I called DCJIS and they were extremely casual about it. They changed my address on the spot and offered no reason as to why it was wrong other than it being in a stack of papers somewhere.
As for the file, see attached.
I sent the paperwork to the FRB in Chelsea and to local Pd chief, via certified mail, using the forms downloaded from their website for address change.
-Cm

Attachments

• help_and_faq.pdf
    402.6 KB · Views: 13
I sent the paperwork to the FRB in Chelsea and to local Pd chief, via certified mail, using the forms downloaded from their website for address change.
You da man. Good answer. (Thanks for indulging me).
Also, I moved within the same town, so only one pd chief to inform.
Now you're in trouble.
You were supposed to send him two copies.

You da man. Good answer. (Thanks for indulging me).

Now you're in trouble.
You were supposed to send him two copies.
I think you're being tongue in cheek?? I just about shit my pants until I realized you were????? joking???? If you are serious, I know the law states one copy to new pd chief and one to old, but I find it impossible to believe I'd have to send the same chief the same envelope twice with the exact same info...Dedham Pd is right next door to my new address, too.
-Cm

I think you're being tongue in cheek?? I just about shit my pants until I realized you were????? joking???? If you are serious, I know the law states one copy to new pd chief and one to old, but I find it impossible to believe I'd have to send the same chief the same envelope twice with the exact same info...Dedham Pd is right next door to my new address, too.
Yow, climb back off the ledge - just kidding.
Sorry about that

I had the same experience. Except I had moved FOUR YEARS prior to realizing that they had not updated their records. And again, very casual over the phone, bit had no trouble changing it.

Sounds like the RMV when it comes to processing mail...

I called the FRB to update my address. The guy on the phone told me there’s a huge stack of address requests and they barely get to them. There’s .gov for you. He actually thanked me for calling to save him time. So sad.

-Cm

You live in MA and you find that impossible to believe?? Really?? Seriously?? [pot]

You live in MA and you find that impossible to believe?? Really?? Seriously?? [pot]
In revisiting what I said, I realized I applied common sense reasoning to a system for which it unequivocally doesn't apply. I think if it weren't for these forums a lot of us would otherwise be in jail. Not because of anything immoral, but because we put the wrong scratch'n sniff sticker on some form, which itself is only available on the third harvest moon.
This forum rocks!
-Cm

Back
Top Bottom