• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FREE Cast Boolit Workshop........... Some date in November .... Need help........

I'll be running what I hope will become a FREE annual Cast Boolit Workshop, here in Florida, and need some help.

It will be in early November, when the weather starts getting a bit cooler.

I have all the materials I'd need to hold one for the guys here on the east coast of FL. Would love it if any of you were vacationing in FL, and could lend a hand.

It pains me that the workshops we enjoyed together in Maine and Massachusetts seem to have fizzled out. But, I intend to pass along the casting skills to a whole new set of shooters here in Florida.

So, hoping y'all can come and assist.

Have you checked with the FL forums down there? You might find some helpers as well as interested parties there thru that venue.

Good luck and good health to you!

It's horrible. It's almost as bad as when people say that they ccw. The disintegration of English continues.

Don't read too much into it. It's because of this forum:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/

If you're interested in casting your own bullets, that forum is probably the best source of information on the Internet.

I dont know, the lack of correct english over there might kill ya.
Face it many people are not well educated. The public schools have passed along many folks. God bless if you had good schooling or parents smart enough to see the system was failing you.

I've been casting bullets for about thirty years, but for some silly reason I just call them bullets.

It's simply a distinction of lead vs jacketed, nothing more. No more devious than using abbreviations or
other substitutes like 'ride' for a car or bike. When I say bullets 90+% of the people on this forum will
take that to be a complete cartridge simply because that is what is spoken here. No need to get your
panties in a bunch over it.

No panties on this guy, and my Jockeys aren't in a bunch there tough guy. People have opinions. My opinion is that the term sounds stupid to me. You may not agree with my opinion. Good for you. As far as I'm concerned you can make up silly words all day long if that's your thing. Some of us can still tell the difference between a bullet and a loaded cartridge. If you think people are too dumb then go ahead and dumb it down for them.

Maybe a little grouchy I guess. I don't know why, but I get a bit annoyed by some gun related terms that are used on the internet. I mean, back before the internet when we all read gun books and gun magazines I seem to recall people just writing in English, and having no problem getting their points across. To me, using a made up word like boolit is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. But, use it all you want. I'll just reserve my right to think you're silly for using it. Doesn't mean I'm upset, it just means that I think the word is silly.

Last edited:
"Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena, The Silver Stream
graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption. . . Bullets= Machine made
utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses."

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.....or don't.

Nope. Bullets are bullets no matter how they're made. Unless you shoot them out of your guun I guess.

Yes, I only started using the BOOLIT spelling after our friend Bob Johnson introduced me to a group buy for a mold at castboolits. It's been boolits for me (referring to the castings) ever since. I still call jacketed bullets, "BULLETS"....

Yes, Kicker... My door is always open for my best friend. And, in addition to the casting workshop (btw, Kicker cast 2,000 boolits in 45 caliber -H&G #68, specifically - when he was here a month or so ago. FULL BOX! ) We could also go and do some pig hunting while you are here.

My post had a couple of things inferred within it:
1) I am alive and well in FL. It's been a year since that horrendous stem cell transplant. I have been cancer free since then.
2) I miss the NES cast boolits workshops, and glad I was able to attend that last one I attended. You guys haven't done one since. Hoping someone picks up the ball there, and runs with it.
3) MY door is always open to NES'ers, and if you are coming to Daytona area for Bike Week, or any other event (vacation, etc), you are welcome here.

I've been chatting it up with some of the casters at my current gun club, and there's an interest in helping with the workshop here.

Maybe I need to start a SES (South East Shooters) forum..... The Southern brother to NES...

Yes, I only started using the BOOLIT spelling after our friend Bob Johnson introduced me to a group buy for a mold at castboolits. It's been boolits for me (referring to the castings) ever since. I still call jacketed bullets, "BULLETS"....

Yes, Kicker... My door is always open for my best friend. And, in addition to the casting workshop (btw, Kicker cast 2,000 boolits in 45 caliber -H&G #68, specifically - when he was here a month or so ago. FULL BOX! ) We could also go and do some pig hunting while you are here.

My post had a couple of things inferred within it:
1) I am alive and well in FL. It's been a year since that horrendous stem cell transplant. I have been cancer free since then.
2) I miss the NES cast boolits workshops, and glad I was able to attend that last one I attended. You guys haven't done one since. Hoping someone picks up the ball there, and runs with it.
3) MY door is always open to NES'ers, and if you are coming to Daytona area for Bike Week, or any other event (vacation, etc), you are welcome here.

I've been chatting it up with some of the casters at my current gun club, and there's an interest in helping with the workshop here.

Maybe I need to start a SES (South East Shooters) forum..... The Southern brother to NES...

Go for it! This could be your gateway to fortune and fame. I hear all the mods on this site are driving Escalades they got for Christmas from Derek. :)

Back
Top Bottom