• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Frequency suggestions for North Shore?

I apologize if this has been covered already, but I live on the north shore, very near Gloucester and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for frequencies I should program into my radio when I start messing with it? I ordered a Baofeng UV-5R. Thanks!

What bands? Repeater directories are online. Jack W1FKG.

not to knock on you jack but his radio
Baofeng UV-5R
only does 2M & 70CM; unless you hack it...then it'll do 1.25M too; but I've not heard good things about how well it does 1.25

Also -OP on the baofeng there is a yahoo group for it that you may want to join.

not to knock on you jack but his radio only does 2M & 70CM; unless you hack it...then it'll do 1.25M too; but I've not heard good things about how well it does 1.25

Also -OP on the baofeng there is a yahoo group for it that you may want to join.

Excellent! Thank you for the help.

I do have the programming cable for the Baofeng (or I should within the next hour or so!) and I've already downloaded CHIRP and been poking around in it, familiarizing myself. Thanks again for the tips.

another thing i like about chirp is that you can set the memories to block transmit. I have a the police frequencies of a couple of towns saved in my baofeng and blocked transmit so i don't accidentally key up their feq.

Back
Top Bottom