Friend got a ltc, the name isn’t spelt correctly

My buddy who has been anxious to get his ltc got it in the mail today and low and behold, they spelt his name wrong. I had a glock I was going to sell him but now there’s a road block. Is it correct to assume the name has to be corrected before any efa10 action?

My buddy who has been anxious to get his ltc got it in the mail today and low and behold, they spelt his name wrong. I had a glock I was going to sell him but now there’s a road block. Is it correct to assume the name has to be corrected before any efa10 action?
Lol, no.

Mine has me listed as female, (F*** off with the remarks lol)
I tried to change it but it was useless, up for renewal this year so hopefully will get it right but it never effected purchases
@drgrant, can we change his screen name to ‘zgirl’ just for a week or four?? Please?!!

And OP, not surprised that the state spelled your buddies name wrong, not spelt!

I tried to change it but it was useless, up for renewal this year so hopefully will get it right but it never effected purchases
Do you paint your lips and roll and curl your tinted hair when you buy a gun? (J. Cash). Sorry, couldn't help it. Jack.

A decade or so back, my NH PRL issued with my name misspelled and expiration date the same as date of issue. The cop at the PD window said just a sec, went back and hand-corrected it with an ink pen. She said, just have anyone call the Chief is there’s any issues. Nobody ever cared, as I never had cause to show it to anyone.

@drgrant, can we change his screen name to ‘zgirl’ just for a week or four?? Please?!!

And OP, not surprised that the state spelled your buddies name wrong, not spelt!
That's how you know it's Maura's office posting it. They look down on NES members, so they purposely spelt that rong thinking that's how we would have spelt it.

That's how you know it's Maura's office posting it. They look down on NES members, so they purposely spelt that rong thinking that's how we would have spelt it.
Is your reply a second on my motion to temporarily change Zboys SN??

Just emphasizes the difference between American English and British English. A Brit would never say “spelled”, he'd say “spelt”. Just like he would say “aluminium” instead of “aluminum”. He’d also say “I have got a new gun.” where we’d say “I have gotten a new gun.” Nothing technical wrong with any of this, but if an American does it then they are thought to be “putting on airs and trying to appear British”.

"The United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language.” (Attributed to George Bernard Shaw, but not found in his published works.)

Just emphasizes the difference between American English and British English. A Brit would never say “spelled”, he'd say “spelt”. Just like he would say “aluminium” instead of “aluminum”. He’d also say “I have got a new gun.” where we’d say “I have gotten a new gun.” Nothing technical wrong with any of this, but if an American does it then they are thought to be “putting on airs and trying to appear British”.

"The United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language.” (Attributed to George Bernard Shaw, but not found in his published works.)
There’s nothing correct about how the English do anything. They can not speak nor spell the English language correctly!!
I’m only three IPAs deep, lad!

the last time i did an efa10 and i entered the ltc number, all the rest of the info was auto filled...name, etc. why can't he go call up the fa10 form and start a transaction by putting in his number and see how the name is spelled in the state system then just cancel the transaction and leave the fa10 page.

A decade or so back, my NH PRL issued with my name misspelled and expiration date the same as date of issue. The cop at the PD window said just a sec, went back and hand-corrected it with an ink pen. She said, just have anyone call the Chief is there’s any issues. Nobody ever cared, as I never had cause to show it to anyone.
NH is interesting what with the P&R still being hand typed. Mine had the address missing the apartment number, when I mentioned it all they said was "Well you do live in the building don't you?" Ya me and a lot of others but if they're ok with it so am I. I think the reluctance to fix it was because "the" typewriter was upstairs and they didn't want to go up and retype it.

I had one with my name misspelled. Always used my correct spelling on forms and never had a problem, even when things went electronic.

When I finally tried to have it fixed on renewal they changed me from ALP (was originally issued just before they went from reason to restriction) to target and hunting. When I pointed that out it took 4 weeks to get an unrestricted replacement.

Yeah, I'm thinking birds of a feather and all that- probably his buddy spelt his own name wrong.

Fundraiser idea for NES: Online auction to F with someone's screen name for 3 months or so.

I bought a black 2007 Impala from Balise back in 2011. A few years later, I realized the color of the car on the reg was white. Balise did the registration when I got it. It still says white and I don't care....

It’s obvious the the OP is British, since he used the British past tense of spell. Probably doesn’t know the correct spelling/pronuciation of aluminum.

Naah......I am guessing Russian avatar. He had a glock now he has a road block. So, where is that glock now? OP does not have it anymore?
What is he/she selling to us today? [rofl2]

Identify as a jaguar for all we care. Nothing matters anymore.

Curious what did they spell wrong? First or Last? Was it one letter? inverted? ETC. I would think as long as the last name is correct, I'd just do the paperwork as it is.

Back
Top Bottom