Friend got a ltc, the name isn’t spelt correctly

Do you paint your lips and roll and curl your tinted hair when you buy a gun? (J. Cash). Sorry, couldn't help it. Jack.
Actually that was a big hit for Kenny Rogers. Waylon Jennings was the first to record the song and it was covered by other C-W artists including my favorite, George Jones, but I don't believe Cash ever recorded it.

the last time i did an efa10 and i entered the ltc number, all the rest of the info was auto filled...name, etc. why can't he go call up the fa10 form and start a transaction by putting in his number and see how the name is spelled in the state system then just cancel the transaction and leave the fa10 page.
Probably easier to do the license validation. It shows name and address.

So how do I sign up for that 6 year LTC?
MA LTC is valid for 6 years.

Firearms License Renewals: Firearms licenses are valid for 6 years.

MA LTC is valid for 6 years.
My first LTC was 5 years because the date of issue was a couple of months after my DOB.

@drgrant, can we change his screen name to ‘zgirl’ just for a week or four?? Please?!!

And OP, not surprised that the state spelled your buddies name wrong, not spelt!

Organic-Whole-Spelt.jpg

Spelt.

But Spelt is correct even though we in the States would have SPELLED it S-P-E-L-L-E-D.

I walked around for 6 years with my name misspelled on my LTC. It didn't make any difference. I still bought and sold without issuse.

Yup. Correct spelling is optional now. If you insist on it you're probably a racist.

I have a bank account with my first name spelled incorrectly. ZFG by anybody.

I had one with my name misspelled. ... When I finally tried to have it fixed on renewal they changed me from ALP ... to target and hunting. When I pointed that out it took 4 weeks to get an unrestricted replacement.
So you beat the rap,
but how was the ride?

Identify as a jaguar for all we care. Nothing matters anymore.
You mean cougar, right? [wink]
464c2c5b108730bcc83d8079a8213336.jpg

I forgot to fill in my hair color and now my LTC says Bald [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
That's a microaggression.
Insist they re-issue it with "High Albedo".

It could be worse, with my last renewal I went to the PD to pick up my LTC & they had a picture of somebody else on it. They said that they would get it corrected, but the state said they don't just correct them. The whole application had to be resubmitted.
It took almost 6 months from submitting the renewal to getting the correct license

It could be worse, with my last renewal I went to the PD to pick up my LTC & they had a picture of somebody else on it. They said that they would get it corrected, but the state said they don't just correct them. The whole application had to be resubmitted.
It took almost 6 months from submitting the renewal to getting the correct license

I would go the other way. I would match the picture given to me! [wave]

Yup. Correct spelling is optional now. If you insist on it you're probably a racist.

I have a bank account with my first name spelled incorrectly. ZFG by anybody.
After an IRS audit in 2008, the Asian lady who audited me apparently changed the spelling on my Wife's name. I remember speaking with IRS about it and they looked it up, confirmed the error and when it happened and then told me that they couldn't fix it. So we live with it. Each tax return is filed with correct spelling, any refund or letter from IRS has wrong spelling.

About 30 years ago a friend of mine was picking up his LTC from Boston , he noticed two mistakes on the license , when he alerted the officer, the officer laughed and said don't worry about it, we know who You are.

Last edited:
Mine has me listed as female, (F*** off with the remarks lol)
I tried to change it but it was useless, up for renewal this year so hopefully will get it right but it never effected purchases
luckily, you can identify as such now.

Back
Top Bottom