• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Friend of Mine Finds Some 1945 Ammo in The Ceiling of Her New House

The Ingraham Clock box she found them in. Built by American Craftsmen. The Ingraham factory - I wonder what's there today.
You sent me down the rabbit hole on this one. Looks like it was at 430 N Main St in Bristol CT, it was torn down and there's a parking lot on the spot where the factory stood now with what looks like a pharmacy behind it. Apparently Ingraham was one of the major clock makers in the US from the mid 1800s through the mid 1900s. Oddly the only way I was able to find the actual street address was from a nuclear regulatory commission paper on a project searching for radium contamination. https://www.nrc.gov/docs/ML1700/ML17006A098.pdf

Its quite a contrast from the photo of the old plant from the historical society here: E. Ingraham Clock Company

E.-Ingraham-Company-Early-View.jpg

430main.jpg

152305-jpeg.595137
Those photos are like touring Hunter's Rendzvous during the .22LR ammo drought.[angry]
Nice old guy was willing to sell them to me, but I wasn't that desperate.

Looks like it was at 430 N Main St in Bristol CT, it was torn down and there's a parking lot on the spot where the factory stood now with what looks like a pharmacy behind it. Apparently Ingraham was one of the major clock makers in the US from the mid 1800s through the mid 1900s. ... Its quite a contrast from the photo of the old plant from the historical society
You can see the old factory on this topo map.

You sent me down the rabbit hole on this one. Looks like it was at 430 N Main St in Bristol CT, it was torn down and there's a parking lot on the spot where the factory stood now with what looks like a pharmacy behind it. Apparently Ingraham was one of the major clock makers in the US from the mid 1800s through the mid 1900s. Oddly the only way I was able to find the actual street address was from a nuclear regulatory commission paper on a project searching for radium contamination. https://www.nrc.gov/docs/ML1700/ML17006A098.pdf

Its quite a contrast from the photo of the old plant from the historical society here: E. Ingraham Clock Company

View attachment 595184

View attachment 595185

kind of highlights the connection between letting industry die and people's ability to make living. That factory employed probably hundreds of people. The pharmacy like business that replaced it, not so many.

That's what a chinese clock radio for under $20 gets you

Back
Top Bottom