Friend's experience converting his temp CT town permit to state permit

allen-1

NES Member
I was walking the dogs just now and a friend of mine stopped by. He and his wife recently got their CT permits, the town issued one.

If you're not aware of the process - CT issues you a permit through your local police department. It's good statewide for sixty days. During that sixty days you go to the state police, give them some money, get your picture taken and they issue you a permit that's good for five years.

Anyhow, they just came back from their third trip to one of the barracks that issues the state permit - permitless. He said that he was there at 1:30, the line was out the door, and they were told to go away, that they wouldn't be processed today. Same thing that's happened twice before to them. He's already gone back to his town and had his 60 day permit extended to 90, but he's not very happy.

All I could tell him was that I believed it's due to the computer upgrade they just went through.

They do state permits by mail for non-residents (BTDT). Do they extend the same courtesy to residents?

I'd be in line at 2am.

Just like 20 years ago with PS2.

You pal is lucky he can even get a license so easily.

Good luck with the 12 month wait in Mass.

First world problem there in CT.

I'd be in line at 2am.

Just like 20 years ago with PS2.

You pal is lucky he can even get a license so easily.

Good luck with the 12 month wait in Mass.

First world problem there in CT.

This totally, nevermind the appointment time stated. Be the first one in line.

This totally, nevermind the appointment time stated. Be the first one in line.
I did this "Way back when" when the schools had an afterday program we wanted to get my kid into. It worked. The next year they moved to a lottery system.

Back
Top Bottom