From a thread on jouster.com

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
"Listening to channel 12 news in Suffolk County N.Y. yesterday, which reported the Suffolk County Police is planning on offering a $2000 reward to reporting a person who has an illegal pistol or other illegal firearms. Can you imagine someone reporting the next door neighbor because they believe they have an illegal pistol etc. The reward is based on successful arrest. Is this becoming Nazi Germany?. Maybe some kids who want a game player can turn in their parent for one. Not in favor of illegal firearms but most people don't know a true assault weapon from a semiauto one."

Last edited:
Pilgrim

Isn't that what the Brown Shirts did in Pre-war Germany? The Kids turned in their parents etc.....

In Vermont there was this "Neighborhood Watch Program" and it wasn't about Mr Gruff, it was about neighbors turning in parents who had Sr Parties at their homes or other underage drinking. I found that to be very intrusive. I told my kids "if you are going to drink, drink at home" and I hosted their Sr Parties at my place. ( It was better than them on the roads and this enable me to create a CONTROLLED ENVIROMENT) I am off the road, in the woods and I took all the keys away and made them set up tents etc and no one left until after breakfast the next day. Yet I could have been turned in. Dumb... They are adults in every sense and could come home from Iraq and could not have a Beer. Neighbor against neighbor is asidine period. That is why we have Child Abuse for spanking kids now. Too many eyes involved and not enough Common Sense.

Last edited:
"Listening to channel 12 news in Suffolk County N.Y. yesterday, which reported the Suffolk County Police is planning on offering a $2000 reward to reporting a person who has an illegal pistol or other illegal firearms. Can you imagine someone reporting the next door neighbor because they believe they have an illegal pistol etc. The reward is based on successful arrest. Is this becoming Nazi Germany?. Maybe some kids who want a game player can turn in their parent for one. Not in favor of illegal firearms but most people don't know a true assault weapon from a semiauto one."

Sounds about right for Long Island ! Believe it or not some places are worse then Massachusetts !

Pilgrim

Isn't that what the Brown Shirts did in Pre-war Germany? The Kids turned in their parents etc.....

In Vermont there was this "Neighborhood Watch Program" and it wasn't about Mr Gruff, it was about neighbors turning in parents who had Sr Parties at their homes or other underage drinking. I found that to be very intrusive. I told my kids "if you are going to drink, drink at home" and I hosted their Sr Parties at my place. ( It was better than them on the roads and this enable me to create a CONTROLLED ENVIROMENT) I am off the road, in the woods and I took all the keys away and made them set up tents etc and no one left until after breakfast the next day. Yet I could have been turned in. Dumb... They are adults in every sense and could come home from Iraq and could not have a Beer. Neighbor against neighbor is asidine period. That is why we have Child Abuse for spanking kids now. Too many eyes involved and not enough Common Sense.

+1

This is exactly the sort of the stuff the Nazis did. The Bolsheviks in Commie Russia were famous for this also, as were numerous other tyrant regimes thruout history. One of the very worst states for this type of behavior was East Germany - I have read that the Stasi had huge numbers of informers placed thruout the population - as an East German citizen you could be pretty much 100% guaranteed that if you did anything out of line that somebody would inform on you.

My reaction to stuff like this is to wait and see what kind of reception this gets from the local population - then if everybody thinks it is such a great idea - then go and start making tons of reports - basically report everybody, - for everything. The system will break under the weight of it's own stupidity.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-ligun0316,0,6135239.story?coll=ny-linews-headlines

Keeping guns out of the wrong hands
BY CHRISTINE ARMARIO
[email protected]

March 15, 2007, 9:45 PM EDT

Danielle Baker was only 14 years old when she was killed in a shooting at a birthday party in North Amityville in April.

Thursday, law enforcement authorities, Baker's family and community leaders made ardent calls to residents to continue preventing illegal guns -- like the one that killed Baker -- from falling into the wrong hands.

Police and the Suffolk district attorney's office are asking all county residents with information regarding where or in whose possession an illegal handgun can be found to call Crime Stoppers. The tips will be kept confidential and can be rewarded with up to $2,000.

"Let's honor Danielle," District Attorney Thomas Spota said. "Her dreams, her aspirations -- had she lived."

Officials said Suffolk County is regarded as one of the safest places to live in the country. But some pockets still are marred by violence.

Baker was dancing at a birthday party on Miller Avenue when she was randomly shot in the neck and died minutes later in her 12-year-old sister's arms.Terrell Gray is serving 25 years to life in prison for the crime.

Stepping before the television cameras, and beside relatives, youth and community leaders, Baker's father, Cordell Baker Sr., urged residents to rise above the pressure to stay quiet and save a life by calling the Crime Stoppers number.

"It might save their mother, their father, their sister or their brother," Baker Sr. said.

"I don't want to see none of these kids around me going through what I have," he said.

The First Precinct, whose patrol area includes North Amityville, where the news conference took place, reported 296 instances involving firearms, both imitation and real last year.The volume of reports, ranging from shots fired to crimes like Baker's murder, were the highest in the county. There were 1,046 instances countywide, police said.

As the first part of an initiative to get guns off the street, Suffolk police ran a gun amnesty program in December. That effort netted 510 guns.

Lt. Robert Donohue said this second segment is geared more toward going after weapons that wouldn't voluntarily be turned in by making arrests.

Spota said police will trace the weapon back and investigate where it originated and if it was ever used in a crime.

Karina Singh, vice president of the Keep the Peace Foundation, which was created in Baker's memory, applauded the effort but said it needed to be part of a wider effort to enforce tougher drug laws and reach children from a younger age.

"The parents have to stand up and teach their children," Singh said. "I don't want to see another child die."

Her son, Chris James, 17, said police also need to understand why the guns are in the community to begin with.

"(It's) fear for some," he said.

The Crime Stoppers number is: 800-220-TIPS.

Just wait until "Nosy Rosy" next door rats out her neighbor who lawfully owns firearms. PD gets a warrant and it goes to shit from there.
This is bad, bad, bad.

Just wait until "Nosy Rosy" next door rats out her neighbor who lawfully owns firearms. PD gets a warrant and it goes to shit from there.
This is bad, bad, bad.

Jon,

Wouldn't the police check the name first? I mean, they have to have a system where they can look up if a person has a license, wouldnt' they? So, you'd think that they'd check that before breaking down the door...wouldn't they? Good grief, I would hope so.

Jon,

Wouldn't the police check the name first? I mean, they have to have a system where they can look up if a person has a license, wouldnt' they? So, you'd think that they'd check that before breaking down the door...wouldn't they? Good grief, I would hope so.

Sure they would but what if it were a woman that just got married? Lots of variables and we all know how "accidents" happen based on bad intel.

How about someone who just has a firearm in the house and is unlicensed? We all know how many lifetime FIDs expired in this state after the '98 legislation. How many of those unknowing expired license holders still have a firearm in the house?

Shit happens and asking neighbors to be PAID informers makes it worse.

I think it depends what they are referring to as illegal guns. is it aimed at licensed owners who missed a form (something like the FA10 For example) or more toward drug dealers / gang bangers who happen to live in your apartment complex. I think turning in the latter is the honorable thing to do while the former may or may not know they have even committed a crime. While I am against laws which promote registration of any kind I think as gun owners we must abide by them while they are in place and we continue to fight against them by legal means.

As far as kids turning in parents I for one have been trying to teach my children that there is nothing more important in life than family. I hope that my boys will form a bond with me / each other that will transcend laws and legalities. Essentially I would like them to have the type relationship I have with my brothers where they would help bury a body for one another if necessary.[devil2]

I think it depends what they are referring to as illegal guns. is it aimed at licensed owners who missed a form (something like the FA10 For example) or more toward drug dealers / gang bangers who happen to live in your apartment complex. I think turning in the latter is the honorable thing to do while the former may or may not know they have even committed a crime. While I am against laws which promote registration of any kind I think as gun owners we must abide by them while they are in place and we continue to fight against them by legal means.

It doesn't matter what the law is "geared to" as there is no such
mention of "intent" in the law- and a commie dump like NY will arrest and
will prosecute, regardless of the intent of the possessor. Anytime
"the law" is given the ability to do this, it's never a "good thing".

-Mike

Turned in a neighbor for $2000 because they want to remember Danielle? I am convinced.

Now there was another thread that talked about Hunter Safety Courses for everyone, so if a kid was in a room and there was an UNSAFE ACT taking place with a firearm, everyone would know what to do. I am not turning in my neighbor for $2000 not when I can't even get the ILLEGAL ALIENS arrested and sent back.... The sick part is now not only will I be harassed for walking down a road with a rifle, on my way back from a Chuck hunt but if I am seen by a someone on my porch cleaning a firearm, I can be turned in and NOW the cops will say "We want to see your firearms and by sure they are legal and safe" What a B.S. way to side step the SEARCH WARRANT procedures. Kinda the same as they use to only be allowed to tell you to turn down your music on a NOISE COMPLAINT and now they can enter and look for other unlawful actions under the Noise Complaint, that was how my daughter got busted a few years back for underage drinking. She was at a dorm and hadn't had a beer in an hour or so, walked to the dorm and was going to walk back after. There was a NOISE COMPLAINT and several cops showed up and told all the kids there they weren't leaving until they blew a breath test. She was cited under the Motor Vehicle Statutes VSA 23. I went with her to court and challenged the unlawful entry by the cops and the Crazy Citation. I LOST..... Can you believe it????? I feel bad for Danielle but no way.

Last edited:
I'm certain the parents would have felt so much better if only their dautghter had been killed by a legally owned handgun. [puke2]

Ken

I just wonder how many doors will get kicked in at O'Dark Thirty because the neighborhood busy body is turning in everyone. And how many of those raids will go bad and someone totally innocent gets killed or put in a position to end up in undeserved trouble?

My fear is that many more lives will be undeservedly destroyed in Danielle's name.

Jon,

One would hope so, Lynne. This article refers to Suffolk County on Long Island; I have a good friend who lives there who's a gun collector (as is his brother and was his father), and Turk tells me that the procedure to BUY a gun involves TWO trips to the licensing station (in Huntington, I think - I think Turk called it the Huntington Shuffle!).

One trip BEFORE buying the gun and one right after to have it put on your permit. So if anyone DOES get arrested wrongly, I can only assume that it will be due to laziness on the part of the cops for not looking up the address... or carelessness if they get the address wrong. And we all know that that NEVER happens, right? [rolleyes]

How many gun owners in MA have an LTC, but don't have copies of the FA-10s or any other documentation to demonstrate that they legally purchased the guns?

How many gun owners in MA have an LTC, but don't have copies of the FA-10s or any other documentation to demonstrate that they legally purchased the guns?
[wave] Some of my earlier guns I didn't keep the receipts. Not to mention the ones I brought with me from NJ.

Don't forget Randy Weaver and what happen over an assumed Illegal Shotgun?
Friend of mine in Ala, was saying a few years back the ATF came and broke down the door (without knocking) and ranshackled the guy's home looking for some guns, he was REPORTED as having.
The Friend was a retired Sheriff and said he would have let them in if they had knocked and he had no such guns but did have guns and did go to ranges etc. So who knows.... who knows what they will do now.... Boy! if you have a Still and and a 15 inch shotgun you are in a world of poop....

Don't forget Randy Weaver and what happen over an assumed Illegal Shotgun?

The fact of the matter was that it was illegal- of course, everyone likes to
forget that the undercover ATF agent basically coerced him into modifying
it, more or less.

It is, however, a sad state of affairs when the government is willing to
kill people over a couple of inches of metal.

-Mike

The problem is that they love to use SWAT teams and 3AM raids to serve warrants now a days. If you are asleep when the door gets bashed in will you hear/realize that they yelled "POLICE" as they came in? Will you take action to defend yourself against a perceived threat? Will you get killed for it?

If they came to my door with a warrant, knocked and asked to search my house for illegal guns that they got a report I have I would say, "Be my guest". I don't have any.

I worry about a 3am door smashing and trying to determine if the guys in the black outfits are the cops or a home invasion prior to someone getting shot. Why wouldn't home invaders shout that they were cops to get you to stand down? A marked cruiser out front and a uniformed officer with the detective knocking on your door is pretty clear.

I have an AR-15 Locked and Loaded right next to my bed and I really am willing to die to protect what is mine and as I pull the trigger, you will here me asking "Are you willing to die to take it away?" Extreme some say? I do not think so, I joined the Marines in 1969 to fight a war and possibly die in for my country and for less reason than I am willing to die for myself and what I personally believe in.. People can understand a military man willing to die for his Country, but what is a country? When I was in WestPac, I thought only of my hometown, friends, and family, I had no clue what Fitchburg, Mass looked like, so when I was willing to die for my country what was I willing to die for? ME and my beliefs. So is it really hard to understand that if one is willing to die for one's country that same person is without doubt willing to die for their own self and their own beliefs? SEMPER FI

I think the problem today, is people do not understand Commintment, Loyalty, Honor, Pride or Devotion they are too Hell bent in convincing people to forget all of that and be TOLERABLE. Tolerate Gays, Tolerate Same Sex Marriage, Tolerate the criminal, Tolerate this and tolerate that..... Not me, I have no Patience and no tolerance and am loaded with all I have mentioned prior. I love my Country and my family and will without question die for either of them and or myself. What is important to you all? How important is it to you? If someone demands that they are going to take it away, will just hand it over to them? I have No strings attached to my wrist and ankles and I am a Free Man who lives in a Free Country and I am a Free Thinker.

Last edited:
I worry about a 3am door smashing and trying to determine if the guys in the black outfits are the cops or a home invasion prior to someone getting shot. Why wouldn't home invaders shout that they were cops to get you to stand down?
Unfortunately, they already do. There have been reports in the news lately of home invaders doing exactly that. I just checked in here quickly so I don't have the time do search, but I'm sure you can find instances if you google it.

...I think the problem today, is people do not understand Commintment, Loyalty, Honor, Pride or Devotion they are too Hell bent in convincing people to forget all of that and be TOLERABLE. ...

set1_signs009.gif

Back
Top Bottom