• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

From the badass files: Moshe Tavor

I've been watching the PBS documentary Auschwitz: Inside the Nazi State - they did a brief section on the Jewish Brigade. This guy strikes me as a hero.

Moshe Tavor

This issue, to take down Germans, didn't cease with the end of the organized war. Tavor, together with some eight of his friends from the Brigade, including Israel Carmi [a former member of the Night Squads], Tzvi Aharoni [possibly a reference to an investigator in the 'Lavon affair' and the man who later tracked Adolf Eichmann down in Argentina] and Chaim Laskov [the future, fifth, Israeli Chief of the General Staff] - his commander and friend still from the period of the Night Squads - became a group of 'avengers', a group from the Brigade, which for the length of its period of duty in Italy, France and Belgium, went out on independent operations to locate Nazis and collaborators, conduct hasty field courts and carry out the sentence - death.

http://www.pbs.org/auschwitz/40-45/victims/victims.html

interview said:
Interviewer: But you killed a person without a proper trial. How do you feel about that? How can you possibly explain that?

Moshe Tavor: Look, in my life until then I'd already done quite a few things which were not exactly straight.

But to say that I feel guilty for what I did to them, on the contrary, completely the opposite.

I feel guilty for what we didn't do to them.

How dare you, you spineless f-ck?

Same thing I thought - my jaw hit the floor when the woman asked that.

In the interview, you can sort of see him thinking about choking her for the question. He's visibly taken aback.

Disgusting lack of moral structure on display by the interviewer.

Modern "moral equivalence", the favorite toy of progressives everywhere. Hunting down and killing Nazi mass murderers is no different than Nazis hunting down an murdering Jews; there's no difference between the Haganah and Black September; Che Guevara was a "freedom fighter" just like George Washington or Francis Marion. On a more individual level, they usually can't see any difference between a woman being killed by a stalker and a woman who kills the psycho who broke into her home carrying a hunting knife and a roll of duck tape.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom