From the "don't be a moron file"

M1911

NES Member
A fellow with an LTC used an expired constable badge, while claiming to be a State Police trooper, in order to not have to pay to park his car at the ferry terminal to Martha's Vineyard.

http://www.mvtimes.com/2015/05/06/fake-cop-caught-pulling-a-fast-one-at-ssa-terminal/

I'm sure his legal issues will cost far more than he would have spent for parking. And I suspect he also has a chance of losing his LTC due to suitability.

A fellow with an LTC used an expired constable badge, while claiming to be a State Police trooper, in order to not have to pay to park his car at the ferry terminal to Martha's Vineyard.

http://www.mvtimes.com/2015/05/06/fake-cop-caught-pulling-a-fast-one-at-ssa-terminal/

I'm sure his legal issues will cost far more than he would have spent for parking. And I suspect he also has a chance of losing his LTC due to suitability.

This would make him, in my book, "terminally stupid". The only time I can say so without someone dying. [rofl]

-Mike

What an a**hole jk used to do this all the time at the airport with my postal parking pass need to run in and do an emergency phone repair. And then pick people up. Sucks for him he got caught

He was an idiot. But so is the reporter. Badges don't expire, they don't have dates on them.

I bought both my Constable and Police badges and I still own them. Even if no longer a Constable or PO, it's still perfectly fine to own them and carry them as long as you don't mis-represent yourself. Retirees frequently carry their last badge with an ID that states "retired".

Pretending to be a Trooper is an offense that he should be charged with.

I am pretty sure the only penalty for this is a rather small fine. I am actually surprised the paper didn't mention that and call for a higher fine/jail time.

He was an idiot. But so is the reporter. Badges don't expire, they don't have dates on them. I bought both my Constable and Police badges and I still own them. Even if no longer a Constable or PO, it's still perfectly fine to own them and carry them as long as you don't mis-represent yourself. Retirees frequently carry their last badge with an ID that states "retired". Pretending to be a Trooper is an offense that he should be charged with.

Yeah, I would have expected an impersonating an officer charge (or whatever the MA equivalent us). Seems like they cut him a break.

They probably don't want to draw attention to the fact that various MA state hacks try to abuse things like this on a regular basis. Guy Glodis got caught doing it a couple times at some beach somewhere when he was the Sheriff.... [rofl]

It's probably a safe bet that this wasn't the first time he pulled that stunt.

I wonder how many times he got away with it before getting caught?

It's probably a safe bet that this wasn't the first time he pulled that stunt.

I wonder how many times he got away with it before getting caught?

Maybe not him but a bunch of others....

I can think of 500 ways he could have blown smoke here but pretending to be a local agent of a prominent police force is an easy way to get stuffed. He really needs to watch more beverly hills cop.... [rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:
They probably don't want to draw attention to the fact that various MA state hacks try to abuse things like this on a regular basis. Guy Glodis got caught doing it a couple times at some beach somewhere when he was the Sheriff.... [rofl]

I know of at least one (maybe even two), Brookline selectman that flashed badges either to avoid tickets, arrest and/or ask for privileges.

In Brookline, all selectpersons are also police commissioners, or some nonsense like that. Along with the title, also comes a nice shiny badge.

I wouldn't be surprised if other communities have a similar practice.

I know of at least one (maybe even two), Brookline selectman that flashed badges either to avoid tickets, arrest and/or ask for privileges.

In Brookline, all selectpersons are also police commissioners, or some nonsense like that. Along with the title, also comes a nice shiny badge.

Doesn't surprise me, that's the same town that minted an LTC for Ted Williams son without him even having to take a BFS course or pass a test, while baiscally kicking any plebian Brookline resident that asks for an LTC square in the nads.

-Mike

SECTION 3.1.2.A POLICE AND FIRE COMMISSIONERS

In accordance with and to implement the Selectmen'sresponsibilities under applicable laws, the Selectmen shall bearthe titles “Police Commissioners” and “Fire Commissioners” whenexercising their responsibilities relating to the town's PoliceDepartment and Fire Department, respectively.

The Selectmen'sresponsibilities and authority are not enhanced, diminished, oraltered in any fashion from those that exist under applicableLaws by virtue of bearing such titles, nor shall the Board beinvolved in the day-to-day administration, operations ormanagement of the Police and Fire Departments.

Doesn't surprise me, that's the same town that minted an LTC for Ted Williams son without him even having to take a BFS course or pass a test, while baiscally kicking any plebian Brookline resident that asks for an LTC square in the nads.

-Mike

Yeah but he's the son of Ted Williams! It's not like it was the son of Bill Buckner...

I can only hope they try that with a State Trooper some time. I don't think he will be impressed.

SECTION 3.1.2.A POLICE AND FIRE COMMISSIONERS

In accordance with and to implement the Selectmen'sresponsibilities under applicable laws, the Selectmen shall bearthe titles “Police Commissioners” and “Fire Commissioners” whenexercising their responsibilities relating to the town's PoliceDepartment and Fire Department, respectively.

The Selectmen'sresponsibilities and authority are not enhanced, diminished, oraltered in any fashion from those that exist under applicableLaws by virtue of bearing such titles, nor shall the Board beinvolved in the day-to-day administration, operations ormanagement of the Police and Fire Departments.

A number of years ago, one of the selectwoman stopped by one of the fire stations with her kids in tow... no problem, parents are
always stopping by with their children to ask questions, let them climb on board the trucks, etc.

It started out normally at first, then she takes her badge from her wallet to show her kids and proudly proclaim "see, I'm their boss".

The Lt on duty (who is one of the most mild mannered, easy going guys you would meet), almost lost it on her.
Instead, he just spun around, picked up the department phone to call dispatch and told the person to "send us out NOW"!
I don't care what it is, where it is, just do it"!

The tones came on 30 seconds later. [smile]

Lieutenant governor candidate Deb Goldberg recently touted her “public safety background” during a candidate’s forum in Lowell, referring to her service as a Brookline selectwoman.
Members of the board of selectmen in Brookline are also police and fire commissioners. They even get shiny gold badges that say “police commissioner,” which got Goldberg into a jam two years ago.
The Brookline TAB ran a story in May 2004 alleging that Goldberg flashed the badge to get out of a 2003 speeding ticket. A Brookline Police Department source told the paper Goldberg even used the classic line: “Do you know who I am?” In a surprise twist, the cop didn’t write her a ticket.

Goldberg told the newspaper she didn’t recall the traffic stop but admitted she has used the badge as ID at airports.
As if the alleged badge abuse wasn’t bad enough, the town’s police chief told the paper he once acted as a personal taxi for Goldberg and another selectman, shuttling the pair in his cruiser to a Red Sox game to watch a local rabbi throw out the first pitch.
According to police, the commissioners’ badges aren’t collected from board members after they leave office, meaning Goldberg could very well still be flashing it around.

http://masscops.com/threads/badge-behavior.18338/

I can only hope they try that with a State Trooper some time. I don't think he will be impressed.

Like the time one of the selectman got into a jam down in the Combat Zone and flashed his badge on a BPD cop?

Or the one that got pulled over for DUI and pulled the I have a badge/get out of jail free card?

I don't recall what the final outcome was for either one. I'm 90% sure it was all quietly forgotten and swept under the rug though.

[NES] But WHY did they take his gun?????? Now he has no way to defend himself!!!!! Who do they think they are???? [/NES]

Or the one that got pulled over for DUI and pulled the I have a badge/get out of jail free card?

There also have been non-badged people, too.... like that broad Suzanne Magaziner who was witnessed driving down 95 n the middle of the night going all over the ****ing place, but her case got swept under the rug... because her hubs is connected to dem establishment.

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/news...cle_1ce49043-ad2c-5e3c-9810-bac216ce20ba.html

Assistant District Attorney Roger Ferris, the prosecutor who handled the case, said he dropped the charges at the direction of superiors in his office based on the merits of defense motions challenging the legal basis for the arrest.
"I was directed to do that based upon the merits of the motions that were filed," said Ferris, who would not say who directed him to drop the case.
When asked whether the defendant's background had anything to do with dropped the case, Ferris repeated that he was "directed" to drop the case based on the merits of defense motions challenging the arrest.

Translation- "I'm just feeding you total bullshit, but someone important that controls my livelihood called me up on the phone and asked for the charges to get dropped, so I did it. "

What are the defense motions? "Do you know who I AM???" lmao.

-Mike

Last edited:
From the "don't be a moron file"

Many moons ago, I was attending a concert at great woods. I just pulled in and found a prime spot in the front row.

Some lady pulled up next to me with a carload of her friends and showed me a DYS badge and said she was on official business and needed my spot. I told her to pound sand and she began yelling that car would be towed, blahblahblah.

Just then a Cop pulled up and asked me if she was flashing a badge. I guess she had been doing it to other people as well and someone complained.

When I left to go in, the cop had her out of the car and was going through her purse. No idea of the outcome, but flashing a badge for parking is not a new phenomena

Many moons ago, I was attending a concert at great woods. I just pulled in and found a prime spot in the front row.

Some lady pulled up next to me with a carload of her friends and showed me a DYS badge and said she was on official business and needed my spot. I told her to pound sand and she began yelling that car would be towed, blahblahblah.

Just then a Cop pulled up and asked me if she was flashing a badge. I guess she had been doing it to other people as well and someone complained.

Yeah cuz social workers are always on official business at great woods..... what a dumb broad. [rofl]

"RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH! EVEN THO I DONT HAVE ANY IN THIS SITUATION!" [rofl]

-Mike

I remember when a selectman in the next town tried to pull the "Do you Know who I am" crap when he got pinched doing 50 in a school zone.
The Sargent said yup, I do . Your name's right on the ticket. [rofl]

When I left to go in, the cop had her out of the car and was going through her purse. No idea of the outcome, but flashing a badge for parking is not a new phenomena

This begs the question...why did stupid biatch let him search her purse?

Maybe not him but a bunch of others....

I do know who he is, Bobo Petricone, Winter Hill hanger on until things got to hot for him.

I can think of 500 ways he could have blown smoke here but pretending to be a local agent of a prominent police force is an easy way to get stuffed. He really needs to watch more beverly hills cop.... [rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom