• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FS has a 3 month wait on 9MM Shields

I called FS this afternoon to see how long the current wait is for 9mm M&P Shield. The person said they have several hundred people on the waiting list and anyone signing up now would not get a Shield until well into 2013, like March/April.

Wow... didn't think there was that much of a backlog for the 9MM. Looks like I will have to look at 40SW if i want a shield sooner. There seem to be plenty of those around.

this surprises you for some reason?

SSDD with small guns in MA... same thing happened with kahrs, the LC9, the PPS, blah blah blah could go on all day...

Keep in mind that there are other shops around. I love FS but there is a downside to being such a popular place. Search around and you can find them. Little more expensive, but still in the $400-$430 range.

Even places outside MA have problems getting the Shield 9mm!

S&W can't come close to keeping up with the demand for them.

If you find the Shield 40 is easy to get, that should tell you something about why there is a huge disparity in availability!

Works out ok for me. My gf put her name in last week and applied for her ltc the week before. Both should come through at the same time. The ltc comes through early, she will just be forced to raid my cabinet.

aparently double tap and buffalo bore make some pretty snotty 40 cal stuff, i can understand the preferance not to get a 40 but all the same i wouldnt say no to one if all i could get is a 40. hopefully someone comes up with conversion barrels for them so you can shoot 40, .357 sig, and 9!

There have been hit & miss problems with the Shield 40 as to it's dropping magazines at random while shooting them. Might be good idea to wait to see how that turns out. Lotta info on the S&W Forum on this if you're interested.

I love my Shield in Fortay! Had no prob with the Mags falling out.

Glad to hear that, Tony. BTW, I love the way my Shield feels while shooting it with that stipple job you did for me.

There have been concerns though. I really don't know how many or what percentage of the 40 Shields have the mag drop problem.

Glad to hear that, Tony. BTW, I love the way my Shield feels while shooting it with that stipple job you did for me.

There have been concerns though. I really don't know how many or what percentage of the 40 Shields have the mag drop problem.

Thanks John!

SHIELD9mm-1.jpg SHIELD9mm-2.jpg

I really like my S&W Shield 9mm. I put $100 down on 6/1/12 (before it was even available in Massachusetts) And it still took me months to get it But it was worth the wait in my opinion.

I was able to find one in a week. Keep calling all the small shops. Zenks in Whitinsville had one sitting there, and the owner didn't even know what I was talking about at first. Just don't stop looking and call every day, because some shops aren't even making call lists because they sell themselves.

Be sure to handle one before you commit to buying. I was sold on it until I held one at FS and found that it was too small for me to hold comfortably. I ended up with a 9C as it fit my hand so much better.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking it, just be sure it is right for you.

Good advice.
Be sure to handle one before you commit to buying. I was sold on it until I held one at FS and found that it was too small for me to hold comfortably. I ended up with a 9C as it fit my hand so much better.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking it, just be sure it is right for you.

aparently double tap and buffalo bore make some pretty snotty 40 cal stuff, i can understand the preferance not to get a 40 but all the same i wouldnt say no to one if all i could get is a 40. hopefully someone comes up with conversion barrels for them so you can shoot 40, .357 sig, and 9!

Can you buy 9mm and .357 sig barrels for the sheild 40 from smith and wesson ? I got 9mm and .357 sig barrels from smith and wesson for my m&p 450 for $150 shipped to my door

just bought a 9mm at guns inc in west springfield last 9 they had, they had 5-6 .40's pretty impressed with the mass trigger smooth and crisp its heavy but not too bad considering smooth and crisp.

There was a shield 9mm, used I believe, at the Holbrook Gun Show a couple of weeks ago for $450. I don't know how used it was, but it looked really good, it could have been new, but I forget off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom