• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fuddery at AR-15 manufacturer Tactical Arms

In today's Herald:

“Our sole business being the assault rifle, it is a concern that it will literally put us out of business,” said Ken Rinkor, vice president of Tactical Arms Manufacturer Inc. in Huntersville, N.C. “That is not for us to determine. If the general public decides to vote the way of banning assault rifles, then they can certainly do so, and we don’t have an opinion on how it will affect us.”

While he feared a ban on rifles, Rinkor supported calls for a ban on sales to the public of high-capacity magazines, which may be used on his AR-15’s or those made by other manufacturers.

“Frankly, I think there’s no need for anybody to have such … magazines, 20 or 30 rounds. It makes no sense at all to have that large of a magazine, even for personal protection,” he said.

“Frankly, I think there’s no need for anybody to have such … magazines, 20 or 30 rounds. It makes no sense at all to have that large of a magazine, even for personal protection,” he said.

The concept of a 10 round limit first gained steam back when Bill Ruger proposed such a ban as a way to make sure that any legislation spared his company's products.

what i wonder is, is this what he really believes? Or is he trying to save his company. I wonder if he believes that if they ban "high capacity" mags that they will leave the AR alone.

Wow, I don't even know what to say here! It is these f**ks that are doing more harm to us than even the antis who always spout the same rhetoric. People are used to hearing their crap, so it is just business as usual, but when you see arms manufacturers "outing themselves" by making statements such as this, it sends a HUGE message to the ignorant general public that they will take seriously. I think this particular statement needs to be circulated on all enthusiest sites, facebook, etc. to get the message out so that WE put him out of business - not the AWB! It makes me sick to think that anyone who cares about our freedoms would ever spend a nickle with his company again!

Wow, I don't even know what to say here! It is these f**ks that are doing more harm to us than even the antis who always spout the same rhetoric. People are used to hearing their crap, so it is just business as usual, but when you see arms manufacturers "outing themselves" by making statements such as this, it sends a HUGE message to the ignorant general public that they will take seriously. I think this particular statement needs to be circulated on all enthusiest sites, facebook, etc. to get the message out so that WE put him out of business - not the AWB! It makes me sick to think that anyone who cares about our freedoms would ever spend a nickle with his company again!

I'm sure this Chicago-mafia administration is doing some "arm twisting" with regards to manufacturer's licenses (in this case) and FFL licenses for the sporting goods chains that are "suddenly" dropping the AR rifles from their inventory. There's no other rational way to look at this scenario, as a business decision, it makes no sense.

Gee, with friends like these, who needs enemies? Hopefully he just Zumboed himself, although I suspect the tinfoilers will still buy his product with all the panic going on. [thinking]

-Mike

If anyone sees anything similar from other businesses, feel free to post here. I'd like to compile a list so we don't forget.

what i wonder is, is this what he really believes? Or is he trying to save his company. I wonder if he believes that if they ban "high capacity" mags that they will leave the AR alone.

Sort of like a pre-war Jew saying "Just round up the gypsies, they are the problem, leave the Jews alone".

so he has no opion, yet gives one. asshat.

and when exactly is the "public" going to decide on this??

and of course...it was not an "assault rifle". But let's just keep repeating and reaffirming the lies.

Why is he calling it an "assault weapon" surely someone in his position would know the difference, but I digress.

Who cares what someone calls it? This all depends on what definition you give to it. If you break it into the two words making up the description, it's pretty obvious what it means. Select fire is another definition, but I wouldn't call either wrong. And there's nothing wrong with that, with having weapons designed for assault. The AR platform was designed to engage human targets (select fire or not), no ifs ands or buts about it. And there is nothing wrong with that. The 2nd amendment was designed so that one could have arms that would enable you to engage enemy combatants. Period. And that doesn't mean they can't be used for other purposes, just like any other object. And it doesn't mean they will be used inappropriately, violently, etc. They are the last check and balance.

We need to stop having people apologize or say "ARs are for target practice too!" There is nothing wrong with assault weapons, nothing to apologize for. Tactical Arms just shot itself in the foot. They are apologizing for providing people what is their right to have.

Last edited:
If anyone sees anything similar from other businesses, feel free to post here. I'd like to compile a list so we don't forget.

I agree! We need to have a sticky thread that compiles all of these a**holes in one spot so they don't get lost in the million other threads about Sandy Hook.

The concept of a 10 round limit first gained steam back when Bill Ruger proposed such a ban as a way to make sure that any legislation spared his company's products.

as usual, give up an inch and loose it all in the end

Sort of like a pre-war Jew saying "Just round up the gypsies, they are the problem, leave the Jews alone".

exactly!

I can't believe that people are going on the defensive like that, using moonbat terms, acting like they are guilty, there is nothing to defend or tie these rifles to the massacre done by a lunatic.

Plenty of industry leaders, ie bcm, have been vocal about fighting the good fight. Just avoid these other clowns when buying ebrs.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Who cares what someone calls it? This all depends on what definition you give to it. If you break it into the two words making up the description, it's pretty obvious what it means. Select fire is another definition, but I wouldn't call either wrong. And there's nothing wrong with that, with having weapons designed for assault. The AR platform was designed to engage human targets (select fire or not), no ifs ands or buts about it. And there is nothing wrong with that. The 2nd amendment was designed so that one could have arms that would enable you to engage enemy combatants. Period. And that doesn't mean they can't be used for other purposes, just like any other object. And it doesn't mean they will be used inappropriately, violently, etc. They are the last check and balance.

We need to stop having people apologize or say "ARs are for target practice too!" There is nothing wrong with assault weapons, nothing to apologize for. Tactical Arms just shot itself in the foot. They are apologizing for providing people what is their right to have.

Tom, I agree with you 110%! This bullshit PC pandering we have become accustomed to is part of why we are finding ourselves in a defensive position now! The NRA has been doing this forever making "reasonable" compromises to somehow broadcast to the general public that the only reason anyone would want guns is for sport, hunting, and maybe WAY down the list HD. Yes, most, if not all of us will only ever use our guns for those purposes, but ULTIMATELY we have them for a more serious reason that we have been made to feel is some dirty little secret that we have to whisper about in dark back alleys so that no sheep are alarmed. It's just too bad that all of these sheep didn't pay enough attention back in 3rd grade history class to understand that we wouldn't have this soft society that everyone takes for granted today, if it wasn't for a small number of very dedicated men and their GUNS that made it so. I no longer feel the need to defend, or apologize for being a gun owner, and never will again!

I have been screaming this years. Exactly the reason I do not own Rugers or ever will.

I have been screaming this years. Exactly the reason I do not own Rugers or ever will.

Bill Ruger is in the ground, and the current management of Ruger seems to get it. If we don't accept companies back if they see the error of their ways and get rid of those responsible, what incentive do they have to do it?

Bill Ruger is in the ground, and the current management of Ruger seems to get it. If we don't accept companies back if they see the error of their ways and get rid of those responsible, what incentive do they have to do it?

Sorry, don't buy that. I get sick of hearing that excuse too (that he's dead, move on). At least this time, its with a smaller company. It will still hurt us in the long run, though.

The problem is that "Assault Weapon" is a term that was invented strictly by antis to demonize firearms. It's never had a legitimate meaning in the industry, ever.

It would be like a car manufacturer saying that they market and sell "Go fast and die" machines. Nobody is that stupid, except for this guy, apparently.

-Mike

The problem is that "Assault Weapon" is a term that was invented strictly by antis to demonize firearms. It's never had a legitimate meaning in the industry, ever.

It would be like a car manufacturer saying that they market and sell "Go fast and die" machines. Nobody is that stupid, except for this guy, apparently.

-Mike
Car Ad said:
The GETAWAY 2000! 4 out of 5 fleeing felons say this car made the difference! Snatch-n-grab magazine gives it 5 out of 5 stolen purses!
[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom