• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FULL AUTO AIR RIFLE

Looks like a lot of fun! While 1 BB may not seriously injure a chipmunk, 25 in 1.1 seconds, if most hit him, should do the trick.

Looks like a lot of fun! While 1 BB may not seriously injure a chipmunk, 25 in 1.1 seconds, if most hit him, should do the trick.
Ballistic point .177 pellets opens them up like a can of worms. Very rare they move after getting hit but when they do its not far.

Full auto could be more challenging if they run. They will only die tired.

Ballistic point .177 pellets opens them up like a can of worms. Very rare they move after getting hit but when they do its not far.

Full auto could be more challenging if they run. They will only die tired.

I believe it is BB only, no pellets. As I said though, 25 BB's in 1.1 seconds should do it!

I believe it is BB only, no pellets. As I said though, 25 BB's in 1.1 seconds should do it!
I’m sure it’s B.B. only as who the hell wants to load .177’s into a magizine? Not me.
Reminds me of the guns at Nantastic Park (SP?) as a little kid in the 70’s.

I’m sure it’s B.B. only as who the hell wants to load .177’s into a magizine? Not me.
Reminds me of the guns at Nantastic Park (SP?) as a little kid in the 70’s.

Me neither, and it was Nantasket Beach, Paragon Park and I remember them well, spent a lot of time there in the late 60's early 70's.

Last edited:
Me neither, and it was Nantasket Beach, Paragon Park and I remember them well, spent a lot of time there in the late 60's early 70's.
We are both old then.
You had to be “this tall” and they enforced it. Had to get out of the approved line because my little brother didn’t pass.

These auto B.B. guns have been around for a while. The Drozd for example. Full auto pellet guns are harder because you need a more complicated system to feed pellets. There is the auto ordnance SMG-22 that retails for around $700 I think and real action paintball (RAP) sells a full auto M4 (basically a .43 paintball gun with a .177 conversion barrel) for about the same price. Both use and eject a pellet casing.

I got one similar (not DPMS) about 3 years ago. Very fun and accurate for about 80% of the CO2 life. You know when you're 80% because the shots start walking downward as velocity decreases.

It's a fun goof-off gun for $200. That's for sure. We haven't shot it at all this year.

So now I need to somehow justify a full auto BB gun to myself.. this one may take a little while. So cool though!

These auto B.B. guns have been around for a while. The Drozd for example. Full auto pellet guns are harder because you need a more complicated system to feed pellets. There is the auto ordnance SMG-22 that retails for around $700 I think and real action paintball (RAP) sells a full auto M4 (basically a .43 paintball gun with a .177 conversion barrel) for about the same price. Both use and eject a pellet casing.
35-40yrs ago someone sold a full auto bb gun powered by cans of FREON.......THE OUTRAGE. Kill a chipmunk, burn the planet.....LUCKILY, Al Gore then invented the internet, and saved us.

You didn’t miss anything. Saved all my coin at 14 years old just to have that piece of junk break in the first minute or two. Total garbage...

I got one similar (not DPMS) about 3 years ago. Very fun and accurate for about 80% of the CO2 life. You know when you're 80% because the shots start walking downward as velocity decreases.

It's a fun goof-off gun for $200. That's for sure. We haven't shot it at all this year.

You really have to use HPA (high pressure air) which is what modern
PCP airguns and paintball guns use. CO2 and green gas (propane; used by some airsoft guns) are too affected by temperature fluctuations.

9oz CO2 tank conversion on the smooth bore DRODZ causes it to freeze/frost after a while. CO2 vapor pressure runs it at about about 800psi. My Air Force Talon 22 with 3000psi air goes through a Home Cheapo 2x4 and is very accurate. The old crossman 1377 with shoulder stock and cone points takes care of chipmunks very well while their chirping their ass off in front of you while eating one of your strawberries. A rat trap with a sunflower seed wedged in also works.

Last edited:
I doubt that the action could take the primary 2500-3000 psi, but the second stages run around 500 psi.

Back
Top Bottom