• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fun in Cambridge

johnnymac101

NES Member
Maybe the title should be "lock up your dogs!"
Cambridge Police will do a live fire test of the Shotspotter tomorrow, 8/27!

Can't wait to see how many people will crap their pants over this one! OMG- police using real boolits! I'm glad the cops had the decency to let the good people of Cambridge know the "No bullets will be fired into the air..."

The Cambridge Police Department will be conducting live gunshot testing on Tuesday, August 27 between 8:30 - 10:30 p.m. in The Port and Inman-Harrington neighborhoods to evaluate improvements made to the city’s ShotSpotter gun detection service. The controlled testing is being conducted for sensor calibrations, quality of gunshot detection and validation analysis purposes. There is no danger to the public and residents should not be alarmed.

Cambridge Police Officers will be onsite at three test locations. The tests will consist of a sequence of gunshot sounds followed by validation of quality detection by ShotSpotter. No bullets will be fired into the air during the testing and a robust safety backdrop will be utilized. There is no danger to anyone in the testing areas, which will be held in cordoned-off areas away from the public.

How ShotSpotter Works

If a gun is fired, the sound of the explosion radiates out from the point of origin. As a result of this sound, multiple ShotSpotter sensors throughout a defined coverage area are triggered. The data is transmitted to SST Operations (the company that installs and maintains the sensors), where the data is analyzed to determine whether it was actually a gunshot, rather than some other ambient noise. If confirmed as gunfire, the SST analysts will pinpoint the origin of the gunfire. Coordinates of the origin of the gunshot(s) are transmitted simultaneously to the Emergency Communications Center and the laptop computers in patrol vehicles. The time of locating a gunshot, which typically takes anywhere between 10-20 minutes, is generally less than one minute with ShotSpotter.

I wonder what else that thing is picking up...
It picks up voices.

Long story short:

Pittsfield police wanted to put a Shotspotter on a commercial building I own. I contacted Comm2A and did some research.

Good info on NES also.

Google New Bedford shotspotter MA superior court.

ETA: We refused to allow Shotspotter to put a sensor on out building.

It picks up voices.

Long story short:

Pittsfield police wanted to put a Shotspotter on a commercial building I own. I contacted Comm2A and did some research.

Good info on NES also.

Google New Bedford shotspotter MA superior court.

ETA: We refused to allow Shotspotter to put a sensor on out building.

Ummm...yeah...eff that.

would be fun to play with them, fire some blanks or other fire works at same time as testing begins, im sure they announce the shot before they fire.
finds some old car or truck we can get to back fire.

I know there are a good amount of false alarms in Chelsea just by reading the police report. Probably more that dont end up being reported.

would be fun to play with them, fire some blanks or other fire works at same time as testing begins, im sure they announce the shot before they fire.
finds some old car or truck we can get to back fire.
A 5 gallon bucket filled most of the way with water, shoot straight down into it, captures your hollow point and shows ideal expansion of such. Hot loads or not enough water may crack the bottom of the bucket. You will get splashed. I’ve never done this on black top as there isn’t any anywhere near my house.

Yes, because the people’s republic is a war zone like Chicago LOL

Well, its a democrat run city so its already on the path that all the other shitholes started out on. Just a matter of time.

Besides, they're spending "other people's money" and adding another layer of false security......as always.

Back
Top Bottom