Funny Picture and Video of the Day MEGATHREAD!!!

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20+ years ago now, my father's uncle died - he was 88. He really wasn't close to any of his family (except me), but was fond of my mother, despite her being an ex (my folks had divorced by then). When he died, he named her co-executor of his estate. There wasn't much monetarily - he essentially spent it down to the last dime. But there was his photography, Copious photography. Dozens of boxes of slides and snapshots, and seven pages of handwritten instructions on how to distribute them. To my mother's credit, she did it, though it took awhile. I believe she handed the last of them over last fall. (Understand that there were not only historic photographs of the area, but of people a LONG time dead, as CHILDREN back in the 30s+, so those meant a lot to the families.)

Anyway: the other important factoid about Uncle Alfred is he was a naturist. Sprinkled throughout his collection, like Easter eggs, were shots of him in his altogether. Some were slides in boxes of slides. We had to warn people as we distributed them that they may find something they weren't exactly expecting to see.

(When he took sick - again, at 88 - he was either on his way to or from his annual trip to the nudist camp in Florida he frequented. NYPD found him wandering disoriented, and put him on a bus back to Connecticut. He died roughly two weeks later.)

ldi

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
20+ years ago now, my father's uncle died - he was 88. He really wasn't close to any of his family (except me), but was fond of my mother, despite her being an ex (my folks had divorced by then). When he died, he named her co-executor of his estate. There wasn't much monetarily - he essentially spent it down to the last dime. But there was his photography, Copious photography. Dozens of boxes of slides and snapshots, and seven pages of handwritten instructions on how to distribute them. To my mother's credit, she did it, though it took awhile. I believe she handed the last of them over last fall. (Understand that there were not only historic photographs of the area, but of people a LONG time dead, as CHILDREN back in the 30s+, so those meant a lot to the families.)

Anyway: the other important factoid about Uncle Alfred is he was a naturist. Sprinkled throughout his collection, like Easter eggs, were shots of him in his altogether. Some were slides in boxes of slides. We had to warn people as we distributed them that they may find something they weren't exactly expecting to see.

(When he took sick - again, at 88 - he was either on his way to or from his annual trip to the nudist camp in Florida he frequented. NYPD found him wandering disoriented, and put him on a bus back to Connecticut. He died roughly two weeks later.)
To each each own just like there’s a time and a place - the proper place in this case I guess.

Top Bottom