• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

G19 vs Sig P320c

Boghog1

NES Member
So recently picked up a sig, although it shoots fine I am wondering if I screwed up. paid 700 for a compact with 4 15 rounders and 3 17 rounders and a romeo1 (non pro) thinking I shouldn't have bought the sig. your thoughts, is the sig the better choice or should I keep it for options?

I’m a glock guy but only because it points great, I’m confident and accurate with it but more importantly... I have too many mags and crap I couldn’t switch. I am just too lazy and no need to screw with something that works.

So recently picked up a sig, although it shoots fine I am wondering if I screwed up. paid 700 for a compact with 4 15 rounders and 3 17 rounders and a romeo1 (non pro) thinking I shouldn't have bought the sig. your thoughts, is the sig the better choice or should I keep it for options?

If you like it and it shoots well, what diff does it make?

I dumped both my P320s, not because they were "bad" but only because I have a bunch of Glocks (as well as a SHITLOAD of holsters and mags for them) and Two CZ P10 series guns... didn't make sense to keep the Sig P320's. I traded them for something I would use. (a CZ shotgun and some shells).

Would I carry a P320? Probably not if I had a choice. Gun too much like school bus up top. But it's a functionally decent gun otherwise. Most of these handguns are, it comes down to preference more than anything else once you get away from the bottom of the market.

From the perspective of a dealer and owner of basically every major production service 9mm on the market. Don't buy into fanboy behavior is my answer. Any one of the production striker or hammer fired guns from a reputable company are perfectly serviceable. Your P320 is one of them.
Sig, HK, Glock, CZ, S&W, Beretta, Walther. Doesn't really matter. Edit: P320s had teething issues as have many Sigs launches as of late, but all guns have developmental processes and become better with age the longer they stay in production so keep that in mind. Companies should really do their best to avoid such issues, but it does happen. Even to Glock. Some are going to have better third party support or some other thing pushing it ahead.
As long as you can shoot it well without doing some mental gymnastics to validate your purchase you are doing perfectly fine. (referring to people who vehemently defend bad firearms because that's all they could a) afford or b) is their dream gun) You're price was not unreasonable at all either. So unless you're having buyer's remorse about spending money there really isn't an issue. Especially seeing as the gun sounds like it is used I'd say go out and give it a try. If you like it, great. If you don't? Not everything is a winner. Doesn't make it bad. Just makes it not for you.

Last edited:
I have both and like both. They have their own individual characteristics but they’re both reliable and accurate. Go with what feels best in your hand and in your mind. No sense buying something if you’re not confident in it.

The biggest difference is the grip angle. Glocks tend to have that "natural point of aim" (like you're pointing your finger a someone). The P320 is a really nice gun (much better trigger than stock Glock IMO).
Also to consider is accessories and aftermarket: magazines, holsters, sights, etc. This is why I stick with Glock and AR15. If you need parts, there are a million options.

New or used? New, that is $315 dollars in magazines. That leaves about $385 for the gun and optics...in the current pandemic situation doesn't seem like a bad deal. Like several have mentioned most of the striker fired pistols you find today will do you well. Shot it, enjoy it.

You got a steal be happy with it... then go buy the glock anyways.

Personally I'm a glock and cz guy but I like the vtac 320s and may grab one to toy with

Thanks for the feedback. I guess it is part buyers remorse, part believing the hype the sig fanboys made them out to be something they really are not, yes the trigger is decent but it isn't the second coming I was expecting. I'll give it a bit more time, at least this gives me the opportunity to send the Glock slide out for some work.

I dumped both my P320s, not because they were "bad" but only because I have a bunch of Glocks (as well as a SHITLOAD of holsters and mags for them) and Two CZ P10 series guns... didn't make sense to keep the Sig P320's. I traded them for something I would use. (a CZ shotgun and some shells).

Would I carry a P320? Probably not if I had a choice. Gun too much like school bus up top. But it's a functionally decent gun otherwise. Most of these handguns are, it comes down to preference more than anything else once you get away from the bottom of the market.

View: https://youtu.be/e_04ZrNroTo?t=15

New or used? New, that is $315 dollars in magazines. That leaves about $385 for the gun and optics...in the current pandemic situation doesn't seem like a bad deal. Like several have mentioned most of the striker fired pistols you find today will do you well. Shot it, enjoy it.

Look again. NH. That's about $80-100 in mags. But a Romeo1 is $250. So it's $350 in mags and optics.

P320 does have one of the highest bore axis on the market, but they also have nearly perfect alignment index (how horizontal your grip is to your trigger finger pull). Glocks have very low bore axis, but at the expense of having an angled alignment index to help achieve the high cut beaver tail. Just a trade off in the design. Means your hand and trigger finger are not completely horizontal. Your trigger finger will sit lower than the meaty part of your hand in the beaver tail. Most people won't even notice though, but for a few, Glocks point weird because of this alignment index.

Anyway, what is it that you don't like about the P320?

I would say low bore axis isn't really a HUGE issue in a 9mm. I would prefer the Glock over 320 on a bore-axis basis because it FEELS LIKE when I raise a 320 that the thing is a skyscraper coming off of my hand. But dimesionally it's the same size as a G19. So all we are talking about is adjustment to my feelings because the recoil control is near nada with a 9mm.

But yeah, Sigs are FAMOUS for the barrel being 3 stories above the frame rails. But Agent Scully holding a P239 is just the epitome of 90's hot.

From a practicality standpoint, I prefer Gen 2/3 Glocks because they are so simple and so many of the parts are interchangeable between models. Wouldn't get deep into any other polymer/striker line of pistols because I have so many spare parts and holsters and mags and stuff for them. I do have a couple M&P's but if I had to cut back I'd keep the Glocks and ditch everything else. I really could care less about the ergonomics, bore axis, or "how they shoot". I can shoot any handgun pretty well, if you find a big difference between shooting a glock and a p320 you just need to learn to shoot. What I care about is if it is reliable and works when I need it in a gunfight. If your shooting is refined and fast enough to notice a consistent difference in your splits between a p320 and a Glock, you're probably sponsored by one of them already, but for anyone else, the possible hundredth of a second because you prefer one over the other doesn't matter at all. One thing I do know, you can trust a Glock with factory internals to not go off if you drop it, but with the P320, it's still kind of questionable.

Last edited:
I'm a Glock guy. Not a fanboy, just that I've found they work for me, so I'm happy.

If the 320 works for you, stop second guessing yourself.
There isn't enough difference between the two to really worry about.

The key differentiator for the Glock against most competitors is the massive aftermarket for them. But the 320 is probably the only competitor with a substantial aftermarket. I'd also guess that the 320 aftermarket is growing faster than the Glocks. Since the Glock market is mature and the Sigs is pretty new.

If I were you the only theing that could justify selling the 320 and buying the Glock would be if you tried a Gen4 or 5 G19 and found that you shot it substantially better. Other than that. Keep what you have and learn to shoot it well.

And remove that MA manual safety. It takes all of 5 minutes.
And if you get a Glock, immediately install a GLOCK brand 4.5 lb connector. you will end up with a real trigger pull between 5.5 and 6.5 lbs. Totally appropriate for a carry gun.

Anyway, what is it that you don't like about the P320?
There is nothing I can put my finger on, I can shoot it well enough, I do really like the RDS, I think it is more about familiarity , having carried the G19 for a while and done a fair amount of shooting with it I am just more comfortable with it. I suppose that comfort will come with time and experience.

There is nothing I can put my finger on, I can shoot it well enough, I do really like the RDS, I think it is more about familiarity , having carried the G19 for a while and done a fair amount of shooting with it I am just more comfortable with it. I suppose that comfort will come with time and experience.

Ahh...that makes sense. I thought you were contemplating ditching the P320 and wondering if G19 might be better. But it sounds like you're already well familiar with the G19. So this is more of just a case of already having what most consider the reference model for modern polymer guns and not digging the Sig take on it.

I'd personally still keep it because it sounds like you got a decent deal, but I suppose that depends on if you'd rather sell if for G19 upgrades and ammo.

Most Sigs are school buses lol.

with expensive mags.

I’m in the same boat as many here that the Sig is a very large, bulky, top heavy gun.

I’m honestly contemplating getting rid of mine because it just doesn’t fill any role for me. I shoot the Glocks and M&P’s better and already have several of each.

The Sig is very uncomfortable for me to carry in comparison, mags are limited capacity and the tail of the frame stabs and snags on everything. I bought a XCarry frame and full sized mags to go with it and use as a range gun but I always pick something else instead.

The only benefit for me that Sig has over Glock is the use of metal mags that are better at dropping free and can hold a higher capacity (in a free state) vs Glocks thick plastic and metal lined mags.

Last edited:
I’m honestly contemplating getting rid of mine because it just doesn’t fill any roll for me.

I don't have any rolls either, so I made you a nice Sig and Cheese sandwich on bread instead.

IMG_20201216_123754.jpg

:D

Lunch aside, the P239 is the only Sig I've really liked, and it's only not quite as huge as the rest of them. The P232 would have been a nice size, if it were a 9mm instead.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess it is part buyers remorse, part believing the hype the sig fanboys made them out to be something they really are not, yes the trigger is decent but it isn't the second coming I was expecting. I'll give it a bit more time, at least this gives me the opportunity to send the Glock slide out for some work.

That happens a lot to new and some old firearms owners in the firearm world

most of it is just hype

Back
Top Bottom