• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gabe Suarez Classes July 15 to 18, 2005 -Initial impressions

Tony, that's why I like the pop-up course the military has. Unfortunately, it doesn't teach movement. It does teach mag changes, and targets that must be rapidly engaged, and multiple targets.

Push, HELL, drive over them. We used to use an M88A1 to crush M151's (Jeeps) to demil them. Until we got crap from DRMO about improper demil, because we didn't torch cut the frames. They didn't care that the M151 was about 1 foot thick, definitely not rebuildable.

Tony,

I know I'm late in getting into this thread, my apologies. I attended this class as well. Read through this thread, not sure if this got answered, but on the reload . . . The reload was a maintenance issue.

Make sure the obvious BG's are down, check them again, check for approaching BG pals, if none, reload quickly, and check the 1st 2 again.

Gabe did the tac reload in 2 seconds (timed) BTW.

The best systems are often the eaiest to understand/execute. Nowhere is this more true than in combat or other life and death situations. I don't think the basic beauty of the course's core philosophy has been captured in this thread.

Gabe's philosophy was simple: there are bad guys out there. Bad guys have friends. They look like you and me. If attacked, win. Shoot until the BGs stop fighting. Check for their friends, check both again. Reload. Check again. Make sure yours is the only story. Train for real world.

Really, what he tried to do, and I thought accomplished, was to boil down many of the training techniques/philosophies that have been out there for a while into the simpler elements. Making them practical, tactical, easy to remember, and quick to execute.

Gabe is a great guy. He's been there, and done it. The class was less expensive than many of the others I've seen, and from what I heard some of the people at this class saying about other more expensive schools, Suarez's was better.

Gabe Suarez's return in 2006

I am pleased to announce that Gabe will be back in 2006. The dates will be 7-21 to 7/24/06. We are still discussing the course content but it will probably be the following:

July 21-22
Extreme Close Range Gunfighting $365.00
Enroll Online
Nashua, NH

July 23-24
Interactive Gunfigting (Force on Force)
$365.00
Enroll Online
Nashua, NH

July 21-24
Both ECRG and IGF Courses
$650.00
Enroll Online
Nashua, NH

Gabe has also offered to have a one day refresher course on the basics for a cost of $150.00 plus range fees.

Please let me know it this interest you.

Retention Reload

Rather than argue the merits of the "retention reload" vs. "drop the magazine" (one is quicker; one saves the leftover ammo - and both have their proponents), I would like to know if there is any information as to what various departments and LE training agencies (FBI academy, MCJTC, MSP, etc.) are currently teaching.

I'm not talking about individual instructors - even those with LE credentials, but of recognized "brand name" LE agencies.

Does anyone on this list have information?

Back
Top Bottom