• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gardner Rifle and Pistol Club

I'm in the process of joining this club. I went down this evening and the president of the club gave me the safety briefing. Very nice guy.

I'd bet $$ it is the ONLY club located in the basement of a city hall! Apparently back in the 1920's the town was building a courthouse/police station and the police wanted a range in the building. The town would not pay for it.

The Gardner Rifle and Pistol club, then an outdoor club, said they would pay for the range so long as the town guaranteed access to the range so long as the town owned the building.

Membership: $50/year

115 Pleasant St.
Gardner, MA 01440

Facilities: 50 ft. indoor range with 4 shooting positions
Activities: USRA Winter League and .22 Pin Top Shoots
Training: A certified instructor is available and offers various safety courses.
Membership: 18 Years old, must have valid Mass LTC or FID
Meetings: First Tuesday of the month, except July & August
Directions: 115 Pleasant St. in basement of the old police station

Ammo Restrictions: Lead only, no jacketed or hollow point. No magnum rounds. velocity<1000ft/sec.

tele_mark said:
I'll be joining this winter when I can't shoot outside no more.
I joined now for the winter because it takes a month to get the memebership process done.

Hope I see you there!

derek said:
Is there an outdoor range?
No, just the four indoor lanes. It's a humble place, but conveint for me. I shoot outdoors at Winchendon R&G.

Matt

Gardner Rifle and Pistol will be starting USRA pistol matches soon. Lots of formats from .45 to .22 and between to choose from.

This will be my first time shooting this, so I don't have all the details yet.

I used to be a member of the gardner club about 6 years ago before I escaped to Maine. they are a great bunch of people.

is Erv Heider still the president? if so, tell him Dave Carhart said hello.

Back
Top Bottom