• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Geco Ammo

Yeah it's good stuff. I've shot probably 200 rounds of their 9mm ammo with no issues. I've since started reloading and their brass works great for reloading too.

Geco is good stuff. Gone through over 1000rds of 9mm with it. Very good quality and if I remember right its good enough to use in the olympics for biathlon

Geco is part of Ruag, the people that bring you GP-11 7.5x55mm ammo for your Swiss rifles.
http://www.ruag.com/group/group-home/ See "Ammotec"

"Our company offers a unique, wide range of ammunition for the demandful hunter. The brands RWS®, Rottweil®, GECO®, Norma® and Hirtenberger® cover all areas of application of shotshell, centerfire rifle and rimfire cartridges in more than 60 countries.

The range of rifle cartridges is particularly extensive. We offer numerous calibres and many different bullet types. The cartridges are specially performance-oriented, top-quality products. That is the reason why RUAG Ammotec is the undisputed market leader in Europe in this segment.

For target sport shooters, the company offers a complete product range from hobby shooting, training, and competition right up to its use at the Olympic Games. Whether you are an air rifle, rimfire or handgun enthusiast, if you are a reloader or in skeet, trap or parcours shooting – we have the right ammunition for you."

Hmmmm...I purchased a brick of Geco .22s (during the great rimfire shortage where NOTHING was to be found)...I have 100 left...and I will NEVER buy them again. Firing with my S&W 41 I will get a round that does NOT fire every 8-10 times!!! GUARANTEED! !@#$!@#$!@#$ ..I've never had such bad ammo!
YMMV

Geco is great stuff. We've been stocking it in .22, .380, 9mm, .40 cal, .45 cal and .223.
Clean, accurate, reliable...

Hmmmm...I purchased a brick of Geco .22s (during the great rimfire shortage where NOTHING was to be found)...I have 100 left...and I will NEVER buy them again. Firing with my S&W 41 I will get a round that does NOT fire every 8-10 times!!! GUARANTEED! !@#$!@#$!@#$ ..I've never had such bad ammo!
YMMV

Sounds like you may have just gotten a bad batch. We have a variety of .22 available Aguila pistol match (eley primed), Remington, etc.
Respectfully,
Brian
Zero Hour Arms

YMMV

Sounds like you may have just gotten a bad batch. We have a variety of .22 available Aguila pistol match (eley primed), Remington, CCI, etc.
Respectfully,
Brian
Zero Hour Arms

I bought 300 rounds of this recently (.45 acp 230 gr) and shot a bunch of it yesterday at massapoag.

Ran problem free, and seems to be very accurate, I got some of my best groups to date with this ammo
at 10 yards with my XDM 3.8C and it seemed to be reasonably clean.
It's nice to have good options in .45, so far I've had good luck with my XDM using
Blazer Brass (brass and aluminum)
Magtech
Geco
American Eagle
Lawman
Federal Aluminum (ya even the Wallyworld stuff is running well)
Federal HST 230gr is the carry ammo I like the best with this piece.

Why waste ammo ?

th

- - - Updated - - -

funny-pictures-just15minutes-geico.jpg

It ain't a Thread if there ain't a cat pic.

I had an issue with 30 carbine gecko ammo. Case/rim blew out. Mightve been a head spacing issue, but I pulled all the bullets from the rest of the batch I had and reloaded them in some leftover aguilla cases I had. Used my own powder too, ditched theirs. I'll see if I can attach the photo from my computer, on my cell now.

edit, 30 carbine geco ammo pic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom