• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gentle reminder. A duty to carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the range Saturday morning, shot my P238 (my edc on my ankle), my G19 & my G20. I put 2 boxes of ammo through each gun. This week I'm taking both of my .45's, I need to start shooting more often.....

I use a SuperTuck. A full-sized 1911 is massive for CCW, but it's actually pretty comfortable when you are up and around. Not so much when sitting or driving.

I want something with a lock of some sort that would prevent my boy from removing it from the holster. Super Tuck doesn't do it. Already have one.

I need suspenders as well, the 1911 has a steel frame and rail. Pants on the ground comes to mind when I wear it.

TL;DR whole thread. Going off first post - I have absolutely not duty to anyone nor anything except my family and myself when I am not, in fact, on duty. Sorry, homies, but if someone goes all Aladdin A La Snackbar at the movies while I'm bringing my 4 year old to the Peanuts movie, my only concern is getting her out of there. The Die Hard movies were awesome entertainment, but they weren't a tutorial. The fact I carry a gun does not infer any obligation to respond to an active shooter beyond getting my loved ones to safety. Preferably without even having to draw from the holster and stir up the shitshow.

I'm totally not surprised, but still a wee bit disappointed. Lot of selfish people.

On another note, any change on peoples feelings about carrying long guns? Or is it still just for attention seekers and idiots?

I'm totally not surprised, but still a wee bit disappointed. Lot of selfish people.

On another note, any change on peoples feelings about carrying long guns? Or is it still just for attention seekers and idiots?

I would if I didn't think I would be arrested in five minutes

What you think you look like in a duster...

4B9npmR.jpg

What you actually look like in a duster...

mcqRveS.png

8869474.jpg

Suicide vests ARE the game changer.

THIS. distance.

I'll be honest. After the attack I went out and bought some bigger sweatshirts. Peashooters aren't going to cut it anymore. The wife took interest in the LCR-357 and has been packing it lately.

I bought a G19 and 2 prebans, and put the PM9 in the safe. Wearing a fleece until April will help with CC.

How can you say selfish when letting ONE round down range, even at an obvious active shooter, will almost certainly put you in a $100k hole for legal defense, probably cost you your job, and possibly your freedom?

All the fvcking AG will want is your scalp, even if Bin Laden himself was reincarnated and on video executing orphans and ass-raping a toddler in front of you.

Extend and escape.
And luckily it's almost Winter. Which means you can conceal bigger firearms [devil2]

THIS too

THIS. distance.

I bought a G19 and 2 prebans, and put the PM9 in the safe. Wearing a fleece until April will help with CC.

How can you say selfish when letting ONE round down range, even at an obvious active shooter, will almost certainly put you in a $100k hole for legal defense, probably cost you your job, and possibly your freedom?

All the fvcking AG will want is your scalp, even if Bin Laden himself was reincarnated and on video executing orphans and ass-raping a toddler in front of you.

Extend and escape.

THIS too

100k to save a person or persons life? Sold! Done deal. And I doubt it would go down that way anyway. Even in MA.

This turned into a great out yourself thread. I didn't think it would go this way.

So, my understanding now is that if I go down, half of you will leave my wife and children and flee.

Got it. So many cowards. It's ok, though. When you go down, I'll grab your wife and kids, add them to my wife and kids and get them the hell out of there. I won't even tell your wife that you're a coward. No need to speak ill of the dead.

100k to save a person or persons life? Sold! Done deal. And I doubt it would go down that way anyway. Even in MA.

This turned into a great out yourself thread. I didn't think it would go this way.

So, my understanding now is that if I go down, half of you will leave my wife and children and flee.

Got it. So many cowards. It's ok, though. When you go down, I'll grab your wife and kids, add them to my wife and kids and get them the hell out of there. I won't even tell your wife that you're a coward. No need to speak ill of the dead.

Just to play devils advocate, who takes care of your wife and kid when you get killed saving someone else's wife and kid? Personally, I think the situation would dictate what I do and I'm not stuck on automatically running away. (My kids are grown and I'm old, lol). If the opportunity was there to help others I would, but I don't think I'm going running around the mall looking for the shooter. My first priority will always be my family though.

Post the ****er all over NES when it goes down! Ultimate out yourself/what's his NES name thread!

What the **** is this thread even about anymore? I swear this Paris thing has turned the internet into a bunch of tough guys masturbating all over the place.

What the **** is this thread even about anymore? I swear this Paris thing has turned the internet into a bunch of tough guys masturbating all over the place.

it's about capping mohammed in the mother****ing face with a well placed single shot from a glock 26.

the hero emerges after stopping the terrorist threat with a single round, liberals weep, republicans furiously masturbate, women flock to the hero, he impregnates them all and has a tall boy.

You should have been the one to shoot Tsarnaev in the boat in Watertown, walking down the street with your wife and kids.

I'm sure you wouldn't have been misidentified as another active shooter by the trigger happy immune-from-prosecution exigency-fueled SWAT team, and there's no way your family would have caught any friendly fire.

it's about capping mohammed in the mother****ing face with a well placed single shot from a glock 26.

the hero emerges after stopping the terrorist threat with a single round, liberals weep, republicans furiously masturbate, women flock to the hero, he impregnates them all and has a tall boy.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Look, If I'm out and about, and the fantasy becomes the real, I'm not going all Iwo Jima, trying to capture ground and hold it. I'm staying alive, I'm keeping my loved ones alive, and if there's an opportunity, I'm making a bad guy dead. There will be a lot of thought put into that last choice, A LOT, and even then, I'm probably not looking to cap a mofo unless I have a couple friends who I've trained with, a rifle, and a bunch of mags. So, pretty much not gonna happen.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Look, If I'm out and about, and the fantasy becomes the real, I'm not going all Iwo Jima, trying to capture ground and hold it. I'm staying alive, I'm keeping my loved ones alive, and if there's an opportunity, I'm making a bad guy dead. There will be a lot of thought put into that last choice, A LOT, and even then, I'm probably not looking to cap a mofo unless I have a couple friends who I've trained with, a rifle, and a bunch of mags. So, pretty much not gonna happen.

this. +1 and is the reason I started the thread. Take the shot when available. Don't go all John McLain on then.

If I'm "outed" so be it. But the only way I spend time in jail or die is in defense of me and my family. If that makes me a coward well....then.....I'm a coward. I even think I stated that in my first post that I am not a hero...

Last edited:
this. +1 and is the reason I started the thread. Take the shot when available. Don't go all John McLain on then.

absolutely, i'm glad you get that.

i just get tired of all the dick-swinging after shit happens. there's always a few dudes who do it, and no i'm not singling you out, teaser. i'm just sayin'.

if i ever found myself in a nasty situation like that i'd be doing everything i could to get out of harm's way with my loved ones, period. nope right the **** out of the way and get somewhere safe. it's got nothing to do with bravado or cowardice--it's got to do with survival. i don't actively go looking for trouble, and if trouble ever was to find me i'd be putting distance between me and trouble.

absolutely, i'm glad you get that.

i just get tired of all the dick-swinging after shit happens. there's always a few dudes who do it, and no i'm not singling you out, teaser. i'm just sayin'.

if i ever found myself in a nasty situation like that i'd be doing everything i could to get out of harm's way with my loved ones, period. nope right the **** out of the way and get somewhere safe. it's got nothing to do with bravado or cowardice--it's got to do with survival. i don't actively go looking for trouble, and if trouble ever was to find me i'd be putting distance between me and trouble.

Its not a matter of dick swinging. It's a matter of being responsible. The police are not there to protect you. Or anyone. That's why we have the second amendment. Well, one reason. But in a free society like ours, mostly anyway, we have a duty to fellow citizens. I watch out for the elderly folks across the street from me. I pay attention to what is happening. I look out for my family, my friends and also total strangers.

One of our problems in western civilization and one reason I think we're in collapse is the loss of the body politic. The loss of the sense of community. Too much is "hurray for me and **** you" mentality. I see it all the time. That's just not good.

So, it's not Dick swinging or masturbating. It's about looking out for your fellow Americans. Let's do all we can to prevent a Paris like event in the US. And take the shot when available.

It's a matter of being responsible. So, it's not Dick swinging or masturbating. It's about looking out for your fellow Americans. Let's do all we can to prevent a Paris like event in the US. And take the shot when available.

I'll take a shot in defense of me and/or my family. Otherwise I'll be a responsible witness. It's everyone's right to defend themselves. And it is their right not to. Because one chooses not to doesn't mean it is automatically my responsibility because I choose to carry.

I hate to be like that but that is how society is today.

If I'm walking down the street and see a mugging I am in defense of myself mode. I'll tell the police what I saw but that's as far as my involvement will go.

Too may people go to jail while trying to "do the right thing". I will not.

And I would expect no different treatment if I am the potential victim. It's just how we are these days.

I can't wait to split a turrist's wig for 'Murica.

sig'd

situation:
you're 50' from a dude with a rifle he's spraying around wildly in a crowded mall. You have your G19 on you. You're with your wife. You run and hide in a clothes rack? psssssssssht **** that pussy shit. empty your 10 round mag (massachusetts), load another. And when you're out, throw the damn gun at him. #tacticalmallninjashit

sig'd

situation:
you're 50' from a dude with a rifle he's spraying around wildly in a crowded mall. You have your G19 on you. You're with your wife. You run and hide in a clothes rack? psssssssssht **** that pussy shit. empty your 10 round mag (massachusetts), load another. And when you're out, throw the damn gun at him. #tacticalmallninjashit

What? No tactical roll or lighting a Newport?

Maybe this should have been your first post and not the one about us being cowards? Whadda think Detective McClain? Maybe you do "get it..."

good reading.

I do GET it.

But it several people earlier in the thread said to summarize "I have no duty, unless a accept it".

To some extent that is true. And you can shirk any duty you want. No worries.

But it we all have a duty, for example, to defend the constitution. Obviously here the second amendment. But also, in regards to the durkas who don't like anyone drawing a caricature of the camel humping pedophile Mohammed, we have a duty to defend the first amendment.

You DO have a duty to your neighbors. You DO have a duty to your fellow citizens.

How would the plane that went down in a Pennsylvania field on 9/11 have gone if everyone in that plane said "hey, let's just wait this out, maybe they won't crash us into a building and we can live another day"

How would the train attack in France that was foiled by a few off duty marines have gone down if they sheltered in place and waited for the police? What if those Americans had said "hey, I'm off the clock and just want to get out of here alive"

I'm just saying that maybe you're not expressing yourself as well as Shakespeare or dickens could on a written forum. I sure can't / don't.

My point is, we're at war. We've been at war since at least the first trade center attack but I'd also argue we've been at war since the marines were attacked in Beirut. It's only gotten worse since then. I suspect it will get worse going forward.

So tl:dr

you have a duty to your fellows. Look out for yourself, your friends and your family and do what you can. Pretty simple I think.

good reading.

I do GET it.

But it several people earlier in the thread said to summarize "I have no duty, unless a accept it".

To some extent that is true. And you can shirk any duty you want. No worries.

But it we all have a duty, for example, to defend the constitution. Obviously here the second amendment. But also, in regards to the durkas who don't like anyone drawing a caricature of the camel humping pedophile Mohammed, we have a duty to defend the first amendment.

You DO have a duty to your neighbors. You DO have a duty to your fellow citizens.

How would the plane that went down in a Pennsylvania field on 9/11 have gone if everyone in that plane said "hey, let's just wait this out, maybe they won't crash us into a building and we can live another day"

How would the train attack in France that was foiled by a few off duty marines have gone down if they sheltered in place and waited for the police? What if those Americans had said "hey, I'm off the clock and just want to get out of here alive"

I'm just saying that maybe you're not expressing yourself as well as Shakespeare or dickens could on a written forum. I sure can't / don't.

My point is, we're at war. We've been at war since at least the first trade center attack but I'd also argue we've been at war since the marines were attacked in Beirut. It's only gotten worse since then. I suspect it will get worse going forward.

So tl:dr

you have a duty to your fellows. Look out for yourself, your friends and your family and do what you can. Pretty simple I think.

I get your drift.

My fiance does not carry so if something like this ever went down in her vicinity and I was not present, if she was helped by someone who did carry, then I would be grateful.

For me, getting out of there with my family is #1 but if I can help others who are not armed while my family and I are making our way out, then good on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom