• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Geoff Diehl phone in Q&A tonight

Maybe a good chance to put them on the spot about what they could change for gun owners in MA.

1649887529608.png

scott is on now, asking about maura's illegal ban and constitutional carry. nes screen name???.

diehl agrees it is /was unconstitutional, and is for con. carry eliminating the "suitability" BS

scott is on now, asking about maura's illegal ban and constitutional carry. nes screen name???.

diehl agrees it is /was unconstitutional, and is for con. carry eliminating the "suitability" BS
let us know what he says about firearms stuff

until people will start voting republicans in - nothing is going to change here, ever.

gop needs to be way more aggressive and have more coverage on tv calling things as they are and talking about upcoming recession, about inflation and actively contradicting an every single word of lies that gets out of psakis mouth. but it is not happening.

I wish more people would realize if we had more equal house of representatives democratic and republican in the Massachusetts senate it would benefit all the people instead of only 1 party rule the way it is now. And stop voting for people because he sounds like a good guy.

Last edited:
i agree with all of you who posted re: no changes in Mass w/ regard to gun laws,
or the repeal of ANY of the onerous burdens hanging on our necks like the proverbial millstone.

need a legislature to back him up, and we know that's not going to happen.

if, and that's a big IF, he wins, maura will be cast by the wayside, and he could potentialy reverse
maura's unconstitutional edict on ar15 sales with a simple directive to dealers to follow existing WRITTEN LAW.

other than that, all he can do is hold his finger in the dyke, which is better than baker giving us the finger.

So, somehow I got on an email list for this "Geoff" Diehl guy.

I went to Google and found this "contact page":

I sent an email to the first two, and all the county coordinators. Based on some "feedback" here on NES, I sent them this:

You've lost my vote unless you can come up with some good answers for Constitutional Carry, deregulation of suppressors, following the laws (not AG made up edicts) on AR15's, following Heller, and other Second Amendment rights restorations. You are going to need to convince me at least a couple of these will happen, and explain how.

Hint: You need to build the party base, not just governor.

Here is their response:
I'm happy to attempt to address your concerns. First, Geoff's record on 2A Issues:

1. Geoff voted AGAINST the Red Flag bill when he was in the Legislature.
2. Geoff opposes the Healey assault weapon ban, and would seek to overturn it as Governor.
3. We are in the process of releasing a statement on 2A issues, and getting the endorsement of leaders in the field.

For other information/background on Geoff's record on these issues, please see his ranking with the NRA:

Geoff Diehl (R), 7th Plymouth
*Endorsed by the NRA
  • 2016-2017 Gun Owners’ Action League – Positions 100%
  • 2016 Gun Owners’ Action League – Positions 100%
  • 2016 National Rifle Association – Candidate Positions on Gun Rights 93%
  • 2014-2015 Gun Owners’ Action League – Positions 100%
  • 2012 Gun Owners’ Action League – Positions on Gun Rights [Incumbents] 100%
  • 2012 National Rifle Association – Candidate Positions on Gun Rights 79%
  • 2010 Gun Owners’ Action League – Positions on Gun Rights 98
  • 2010 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund – Positions on Gun Rights A-
2018 Plymouth Districts Senators and House Reps ratings and endorsements from the NRA | Cape Cod Women for Change

Second, Geoff has repeatedly stated on the trail that he will do whatever is in his power as Governor to remove unnecessary restrictions. He notes that Smith & Wessen left the state over Healey and the legislature's repeated assaults on gun rights, and that it has become an economic issue for the Commonwealth now.

I hope this answers your concerns. Happy Easter.

I'm not going to reply further, so if you want to discuss, send to someone at Contact - Geoff Diehl For Governor and feel free to share your results on this post.

I sent an email to the first two, and all the county coordinators. Based on some "feedback" here on NES, I sent them this:

Here is their response:

I'm not going to reply further, so if you want to discuss, send to someone at Contact - Geoff Diehl For Governor and feel free to share your results on this post.
I’ll vote for him because F Healey but it’s a lost cause either way. How does the governor overturn an opinion by the AG? That’s all it is. It’s isn’t a law it’s the AG interpreting how a law was written.

There is ZERO percent chance of him having any measurable impact on anything. The position of Governor in MA is rather weak in comparison to other governorships (is that a word?). And he will have a state legislature who will oppose him every step of the way if he even hints at governing as an actual conservative.

Like I said I’ll take him over Maura but I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Ok, he may not be the unicorn candidate everyone dreams about, but given the alternative has my vote and my money to help support his run. The more individual support and bankroll he can show, the more national and institutional support he will get.

Ok, he may not be the unicorn candidate everyone dreams about, but given the alternative has my vote and my money to help support his run. The more individual support and bankroll he can show, the more national and institutional support he will get.
This! ANYONE but Healey! I'd vote for a deranged, angry, vicious, wingnut anti-gun, left-wing lesbian batshit nutjob before I'd vote for Maura Healey.

Oh....wait...

Just sayin'

Here is their response:

So you want him to lie to you? the things you want are not possible in Massachusetts unless he starts coming at you with a plan to airlift a million conservatives into Mass to vote.....

Back
Top Bottom