• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Georgia: All employees required to get concealed weapons license

The ability to have a PP-free workforce is priceless; maybe even more beneficial than the self-defense aspect. You'd think that's a pretty low bar to set, but with how many jobs in the insurance industry would it be inconsistent with business necessity to keep out all the felons?
Not just felons. This could exclude those who have indiscretions of youth in their records and misdafelons. This could knock out members of several pacifistic conservative Christian groups in the south (they exist) as well--the kinds of people known for doing solid work and being honest. Seems as if a third-party background check with drug testing would have given the employer enough safeguards. Then allow people who can and want to be strapped to do so without taking on the liability of having encouraged having firearms in the workplace.

The ability to have a PP-free workforce is priceless; ... with how many jobs in the insurance industry would it be inconsistent with business necessity to keep out all the felons?
Not just felons. This could exclude those who have indiscretions of youth in their records and misdafelons. This could knock out members of several pacifistic conservative Christian groups in the south (they exist) as well--the kinds of people known for doing solid work and being honest. ...

One could be even more generous and observe that a basic distinction about the people with records is that they're the ones who got caught misbehaving.

(Not that I believe insurance companies are looking to hire Doug Neidermeyer).

Yet I am reminded of my testimony before the committee at the State House (paraphrased): "I concede that most of the anti-gunners you've heard wouldn't want to have an LTC. But the one thing you can be sure of about all of the pro-gun witnesses is that they are qualified to own guns - none of them are criminals".

Love to see the criminal record checks come back on some of those "reverends" and other community organizers...

Back
Top Bottom