Get the Rust Off Your Marksmanship Skills: 8 Spots Left

Start spring right with an Appleseed at Pioneer Sportsmen in Dunbarton, NH on Sat-Sun, March 27-28. We still have 10 spots available on the line. It would be great to meet some NESers in real life.

As of today, 23 MAR, we have 8 places available on the line.

Last edited:
I would love to join but I have a prior engagement that weekend. I see on the club's website that there is another one in late May. Would I be good to go with a CZ455 with peep sights, a couple 5 round and a 10 round magazine and a Brownell's latigo sling?

We'll be glad to have you at whichever event you can make. CZs are popular at Appleseeds, and your mags are fine. You will do better with a sling that can configure as a loop sling, such as the GI web sling or the 1907 (service rifle) sling. It makes a significant difference in stability in prone and sitting positions. I have a Montana sling, similar to yours, on my deer rifle and it isn't well suited to position shooting.

Been interested in doing one for years.
Could you post up the particulars?
I’d have to run it by the “boss”. Don’t want to leave her helpless for the whole weekend ya know🤣

I have been wanting to do one of these, and get my wife to join me. This is perfect, Pioneer is my club...

If we sign up, I assume that Ruger 10/22's are good? What do they need to have on them as far as slings, scopes, etc?

Thanks!

Been interested in doing one for years.
Could you post up the particulars?
I’d have to run it by the “boss”. Don’t want to leave her helpless for the whole weekend ya know🤣
Details of the event, and link to register, are here: New Hampshire Appleseeds 2021

Why not bring your CEO along? Even a few friends? An Appleseed weekend is a great social outing as well as a learning experience. If she doesn't have a suitable rifle, we have loaner equipment.

I have been wanting to do one of these, and get my wife to join me. This is perfect, Pioneer is my club...

If we sign up, I assume that Ruger 10/22's are good? What do they need to have on them as far as slings, scopes, etc?

Thanks!
Ruger 10/22s are the most popular rifle at Appleseed. That doesn't mean nearly all other .22LR rifles (other than single-shot) aren't used successfully. There are lots of Marlins, Remington, CZs. As for setup, run what you brung. Details of the typical equipment you should bring are on the event page I link in post #6. We have gear to adapt your rifle to suit the event.

The traditional "Liberty Training Rifle" has sling attachments, a canvas GI web sling, and aperture sights (Tech-Sights are most common and most practical). But we have ways to attach a sling if you don't have studs on your stock.

We also have loaner rifles available if you let us know in advance.

Details of the event, and link to register, are here: New Hampshire Appleseeds 2021

Why not bring your CEO along? Even a few friends? An Appleseed weekend is a great social outing as well as a learning experience. If she doesn't have a suitable rifle, we have loaner equipment.
Thank you muchly.
CEO is not very outdoorsy unless it’s gardening. Might get adult daughter to come along but doubtful. No one wants to commit that amount of time these days it seems.

For you guys asking about gear, at least 4 10 round mags are helpful for the course of fire, if you have them.
An open mind is probably the most important item to bring :)

For you guys asking about gear, at least 4 10 round mags are helpful for the course of fire, if you have them.
An open mind is probably the most important item to bring :)
Four mags are only needed if one is running a "rapid-fire AQT." We don't do those, so two mags, a five and a ten or two tens, or any combination that will give you a total of at least 13 rounds, will work fine.

Four mags are only needed if one is running a "rapid-fire AQT." We don't do those, so two mags, a five and a ten or two tens, or any combination that will give you a total of at least 13 rounds, will work fine.

No more rapid fire AQTs? Both of the Appleseeds I attended at Monadnock used them. The second one showed me just how much I was in denial over my astigmatism and need for glasses. By the end of the two days I was glad I'd brought six mags for the 10/22; two of mine needed reassembly after two days of rapid AQTs.

I had to skip a few to focus on home and family stuff, but I'm hoping to get to another one at some point.

Some people do them, some don't at all, others use them as an occasional fun variation on the AQT grind. In NH, we're in that third camp. The point is that four mags are not necessary for success at an Appleseed.

Some people do them, some don't at all, others use them as an occasional fun variation on the AQT grind. In NH, we're in that third camp. The point is that four mags are not necessary for success at an Appleseed.

Cool. Those all-rapid weekends were great for wringing out people and equipment, but at one of the events I attended one of the students would have been screwed for the weekend if he hadn't borrowed a fourth mag. Good to hear the "slow" version's regularly available around here.

Unfortunately the 15-22 is still banned. I have no discretion over that rule. I'd think that whatever issue you have with the chamber flag would be the same with both rifles, or do you mean manipulating the bolt release?

Start spring right with an Appleseed at Pioneer Sportsmen in Dunbarton, NH on Sat-Sun, March 27-28. We still have 10 spots available on the line. It would be great to meet some NESers in real life.

As of today, 23 MAR, we have 8 places available on the line.

Is registration closed? I finally found out I have the weekend free and it appears I'm too late...damn...

Thanks!
if your looking to deck out your 10/22 for "match shooting
this is a good set up

these cheap daisy sights can be used also. You may need a taller front sight to get a 25 yard zero. daisy 5899
1616899492728.png
you can go with a globe front sight with a base

1616899381735.png
or go all nuts...... 79 year old Lyman match sights on my 10/22 really want to run this at a appleseed some day... I have a sling mount for the 1907

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom