• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Get the shot or get discharged

zboys

NES Member
My son was told today, get a shot by tomorrow, or we start the "less than honorable discharge papers"
He is 21, in under 3 years he is a Sargent, Army Special Forces Green Beret. He excels in all he has done and he is a true leader.
He told me tonight, Dad, I don't know what to do, I don't want to throw all this away, but do I want to continue under a government like this. He, along with over 1/2 our military are livid over this.
There is talk we lost numerous Navy Seals, Green Berets, and other military in the past few weeks cause of this.
They had been told by Dec.15 to get it, last night they got an email, get it by Friday or your gone.
He doesn't know at this moment what he's going to do. The world is f***ed

Call their bluff...they can’t afford to lose special forces guys. Their training is worth millions and not everyone is exactly up for the task.

f*** this government.

I’m SO lucky I got out when I did 2+ years ago. I feel VERY sorry for your son that they gave him an ultimatum like that.

Regardless of his decision, he’s more of a bad ass than just about any of us will ever be.

I, for one, will support whatever decision he makes and will not think any less of him for choosing either option.

God help us.

You missed the bigger issue which is he is questioning whether he wants to serve under this tyrannical regime.
No I didn't. He has 3 years. If he doesn't want to do it then fine I support that. But for guy living paycheck to paycheck that can't handle a less than honorable discharge, his options are f***ed. I'm just being realistic

Mandatory chemical injection, into you body, when the FDA doesn't even know the long term effects at this time, or lose your career, as well as receiving a less than honorable discharge is outrageous. .gov is saying get injected, or lose your job as well as knowing that a less than honorable discharge will screw up the civillian job market for you as well.
Freakin agent orange type results possibillity, being shoved down the millitary workers throat, all over again. Will we never learn.

t... China has troops in Mexico and Canada. they will be coming in on trucks like that Chuck Norris.

Right, I can see the CHYNA's tanks' dust trails all the way to the Carolinas and I hear you guys in Mass can hear the CHYNA's Migs taking off in Canada....

To complete separate the subject from the political screeching:

The military has been really clear from the beginning that this would be just another mandatory vaccination. Nobody should be surprised that it became mandatory once it got blessed off on by the FDA.

Also, nobody should be surprised by the threat of a discharge. Again, the military has been down this road before with vaccinations. It isn't even ancient history, but with the last 30 years. It is quite simply a fact of refusing a lawful, legal, moral, and ethical order and facing the consequences of it.

Additionally anyone who has worked at the platoon or higher level know that deadlines change. Even though the Army itself has a December deadline, units will bump that left so as to ensure they make it. At the end of the day December vs today doesn't matter. Shit or get off the pot.

Will the military lose folks over this. Of course they will. Just like every employer who institutes a mandate there will be some holdouts. The difference with the military it it isn't just a "your fired" and pack your bags.

Back on subject:
If they OP's kid is a first termer with no reenlistments, he really doesn't want anything but an honorable discharge. He can weigh his options and make up his own mind though.

He’s a big boy. He can make his own decisions.

Good luck to him.
You say that, but I’m twice his age with half as much to lose and I’m still having a tough time making a decision.

I really feel for him in the sense that he probably loves his job as much if not more than I did when I was in...making the decision even more difficult.

You say that, but I’m twice his age with half as much to lose and I’m still having a tough time making a decision.

I really feel for him in the sense that he probably loves his job as much if not more than I did when I was in...making the decision even more difficult.

I get that. But without knowing anything about your background, you're not the OP's son.

He's a Green Beret NCO. He's very junior, but he volunteered for that. Meaning he's already self-selected as one of the more competent, confident, and assertive people you're ever likely to meet. He's probably an outstanding problem-solver. THEN he's gone through the Q course, which emphasizes solid decisionmaking in an environment of great peril. All his training has involved risk management and the weighing of different alternatives, often with lives hanging in the balance.

By contrast, this decision should be easy for him. And if he loves his job as much as I suspect he does, it should be even easier.

My son and I had an argument about this yesterday.
He is in the medical field, was a flight paramedic for 13 years and now a year away from getting his degree as a Physicians Assistant. He has also never served in the Military.
He kept arguing about how safe the vaccine is,
and refuses to understand a persons right not to get the shot.
I kept trying to explain that this isn’t about losing a job, but about getting a Dishonorable Discharge!
Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed by his lack of understanding what the stigma of a DD is!

Out of curiosity, how many vaccinations are military personnel forced to get at this point? Honest question as I am not military and not looking to infer anything, truly curious.

Out of curiosity, how many vaccinations are military personnel forced to get at this point? Honest question as I am not military and not looking to infer anything, truly curious.
No one knows, lol.

They line your ass up like cattle waiting to get slaughtered and you go station to station. If you pass out, they mop the floor with you on the way to the nurses station. When you wake up, you finish getting your shots.

My son and I had an argument about this yesterday.
He is in the medical field, was a flight paramedic for 13 years and now a year away from getting his degree as a Physicians Assistant. He has also never served in the Military.
He kept arguing about how safe the vaccine is,
and refuses to understand a persons right not to get the shot.
I kept trying to explain that this isn’t about losing a job, but about getting a Dishonorable Discharge!
Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed by his lack of understanding what the stigma of a DD is!
It’s not a DD unless the soldier foolishly requests a court-martial. Most of these will be General discharges, which still authorize VA benefits and, in some cases, the GI Bill (hopefully).

Its still a big decision, but it’s far from a DD.

While at Pariss Island, they had us walk down two rows of Corpsman. We held or hands against our chests and walked between them. I think it was 37 shots that we got. None of us had a clue what was in those needles. Got a bunch more at Camp Pendleton before shipping out for nam. Pretty sure some of the shots at Pendleton, were to insure that we didn't die, after eating the ham and mutha's in the C Rat boxes.

Last edited:

I doubt there's a single answer.

There'll be a slate of shots people get at Basic Training, but then other soldiers get other required shots depending on where they're going and what they're doing. I'm sure that basic slate changes at times, too, and it probably depends on what the soldier arrives with in their shot record already.

I only remember 3 shots at Basic in 1994, but it was a very confusing evening and I'm sure I'm not remembering properly.

A DD means no firearm ownership ever is that correct?
Correct, but for the umpteenth time, nobody is getting a DD over refusal to get a vaccination unless they want a DD. Even then, odds are they'd just be let out with a BCD.

A DD is generally reserved for murderers, rapists and such. Violent criminals.

Tough call for him to make. Men in those units are generally very principled and disciplined, and sometimes those two things do not mesh well when it comes to service and self.

I’m sure he’s far from alone in his thinking right now, and sadly we are now one step closer to full on civil war, as demonstrated in our SF guys and I’m sure about half of the military as well, wondering if they can even continue serving under this regime, which some may still be questioning as to whether it’s just plain incompetence that will pass at the next election or is actually and rapidly moving to a dictatorial and communist state, which will try to use them as the hammer.

Personally as an old Ranger with nothing left to lose, I’d tell them to get f***ed, as a younger man starting out, that is a much harder decision to make with many more consequences. Sadly for once in my life I’m glad to be the old man in the equation. Whatever he chooses I wish him well and strong to find the truth one day and be settled that his decision was the right one.

This in my opinion is just part of the purge to rid the military of good men and women, that would actually question unlawful orders, and replace them with whatever lunatic yes men they can find. That alone is a frightening and disturbing aspect of our future.

While at Pariss Island, they had us walk down two rows of Corpsman. We hald or hands against our chests and walked between them. I think i was 37 shots that we got. None of us had a clue what was in those needles. Got a bunch more at Camp Pendleton before shipping out for nam. Pretty sure some of shots at Pendleton, were to insure that we didn't die, after eating the ham and mutha's in the C Rat boxes.

That’s crazy. I did some google-fu and discovered that there may be differing vaccinations for different command positions? Anthrax for some, not for all? Is this true? Edit- Picton confirms.

I speak for no one, but my feeling is that this vaccine and virus is just too fresh. In a few years, that death rate will be acceptable much like the common flu, and the continuing booster shots will just be combined with the regular flu shot and given to those who want them.

Vaccine mandates are nothing new for the military, from what I surmise. People are free to serve, or not to. I hope you support whatever decision your son comes to, OP.

Correct, but for the umpteenth time, nobody is getting a DD over refusal to get a vaccination unless they want a DD. Even then, odds are they'd just be let out with a BCD.

A DD is generally reserved for murderers, rapists and such. Violent criminals.
My son would have gotten a " less than honorable discharge"
He will reluctantly get the shot cause he loves his country, but hates the government right now

They will continue this until they find the pressure point of every single citizen. I tolerate pain pretty well.... So I look forward to their attempts. Btw.... Your kids and their education is next. Then they'll apply pressure elsewhere when that stops being effective.

So if not much has changed with regard to those shots and inoculations why is the vid shot such a big deal?
Because all of those shots allegedly had years of research, testing and a fairly harmless showing of long term ill effects.

This vax is less than one year old, zero proven long term effects, good or bad, and numerous, hundreds if not thousands of fatalities directly related to it. I’m not anti-vax, this is a decision that each individual should be allowed to make, with zero repercussions to those that refuse it, and that basic human right to decide has been taken away by our overlords who quite simply want to control every aspect of our daily lives.

That to me is the highest crime and the direct relation of the vax question itself.

My son would have gotten a " less than honorable discharge"
He will reluctantly get the shot cause he loves his country, but hates the government right now

I'm extremely curious how much choice individual commanders have in terms of what kind of discharge soldiers get.

Your son would have gotten an OTH, but I'm wondering whether his status as an 18 series would rate a "tougher" administrative discharge than a soldier in a less deployable unit. I would have expected a general discharge under most circumstances; any soldier on his/her second hitch could eat one of those and feel very little pain, provided they've got an Honorable from their first enlistment.

Well. Good luck to your son. I think he made the right call, under the circumstances, but obviously YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom