Get your GOEX black powder now, Hodgdon closing their plant.

Was in Portsmouth to meet my folks for lunch, close enough to KTP so I popped in, like @lancecolonel said, Goex has F,FFF and FFFFg, no FFg. I grabbed the last pound of FFg from Schuetzen and some FFF of the Goex, others there for powder also, whatever they have won't last long.

Pretty much what my "gut" feeling was. BP is NOT smokeless. Hodgton is an expert smokelless manufactiring facility, and clearly just doesn't want to deal with producing or "improving" the manufacturing of BP. I'm also calling BS on his comment that the plant fire "did not" influence the recent decision. I'm confident there will be some "equity holding" company with will buy the Goex brand and ultimately we will then be paying $50 / lb for BP. Maybe Shutzen will buy Goex but I don't think they will. But at least now we have a clear understanding of what's happening.

when it comes to antique black powder cartridge rifle calibers such as 38-55, 45-70, 50-70 and so on it's a proven fact that you will observe the best accuracy loading with true black powder. when I want the nostalgic enjoyment shooting experience of my muzzleloaders , true BP is all I desire, not wasting my time with substitutes. Modern inline muzzleloaders , now this is different and the substitutes work well.
Yup. Also, there really is no good substitute for the low flashpoint provided by real FFFF BP for the flash-pan in Flintlocks.

Time for SWISS to step up and take over that spot at KTP.

Every BPCR shooter swears by SWISS and how amazing it is, better than GOEX. I always used GOEX out of convenience only.

I am sure for a musket any of the others will be good enough. Unless you get into some crazy long distance musket shooting with a Pedersoli Gibbs.

001225_main_2_2.png

Good news.

If I had the storage facilities, I'd buy it by the ton.;)
Alpha.png

Estes press release:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(January 31, 2022) Minden, LA. Estes Energetics (https://estesenergetics.com/) is pleased to announce the acquisition of GOEX from Hodgdon Powder Company. This last remaining commercial scale black powder factory in the United States produces GOEX and Olde Eynsford brands of black powder, which are highly regarded by competitive and recreational shooters, re-enactors, and muzzleloading hunters, as well as fireworks manufacturers. GOEX black powder also propels the model rocket motors of sister company Estes Industries, the leading model rocket brand, and supports the needs of the U.S. Military.

Great news! I have a few metal cans of Goex for my flintlock inside a enamel-lined 5gal metal can with moisture-adsobant packets that I wasn’t planning to crack open any time too soon. Now I can shoot it up!

Anyone seen any Goex on shelves anywhere?
No.

If anyone will be receiving shipments first it will be Paula at MPH . Keep checking in for updates :

Back
Top Bottom