• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Get your GOEX black powder now, Hodgdon closing their plant.

official statement from Hodgdon:

For us non black powder guys who were probably going to buy one in the near future what's that mean
It means one of the largest options for supplies (powder) is going away. Buy some while you can. Fwiw, BP lasts a lot longer, mostly.due to volume of shooting typically done with BP. For example, I can spend a few hours at the range testing and shooting and maybe shoot 15-20 shots, so even though I think I shoot a good bit, 5lbs would last me a while.

Strategic options for the GOEX and Olde Eynsford brands of black powder, along with the manufacturing capabilities, will include a potential sale of the business.

Maybe the new owners will continue production.

I wonder if COVID cause the musket crowd to shoot less.

Swiss is better anyway. I have enough Goex and Swiss in my magazine to last me probably my lifetime.

Swiss is better anyway. I have enough Goex and Swiss in my magazine to last me probably my lifetime.
I hear it is, but it isn't easy to find without ordering online.

I believe Hunters Rendezvous sold it, but that place will probably close now that the owner died.

That powder supply company in NH (or ME?) sells it.

KTP doesnt sell it.

You could be right. I read it quickly and saw Triple 7 at the bottom

this is not good. Can't believe that some type of " outdoor" equity holding company is not interested in buying Goex. I hope that there's not any leftist politics playing into this closure. To my advantage, I'm well stocked with about 40# of varied BP . myself and a buddy luckily were able to find and purchase some Swiss 3F today. ( which was the only powder I'm low on )

Brownells still has some triple 7 in stock (pellet ones)

Look for a smokeless black powder substitute from hodgdon.
That's one less powder made in USA ......are we down to only the government owned contract run powder manufacturing in this country now,

I hear it is, but it isn't easy to find without ordering online.

I believe Hunters Rendezvous sold it, but that place will probably close now that the owner died.

That powder supply company in NH (or ME?) sells it.

KTP doesnt sell it.
Just order a case online. One and done, plenty of options for powder magazine to keep it in, or split it with a friend.

Triple 7 is not at risk - just GOEX.

I don't know anyone who even shoots real black powder, they all use Pyrodex.
Same for myself, I haven't fired any of my muzzleloaders in years, but when I did, it was always with Pyrodex.
My cousin built a thunder mug that fires golf balls, and he always used Pyrodex too.
The market for real black powder seems very small, it likely isn't profitable for them to continue making the stuff if the market for it has dried up.

Same for myself, I haven't fired any of my muzzleloaders in years, but when I did, it was always with Pyrodex.
My cousin built a thunder mug that fires golf balls, and he always used Pyrodex too.
The market for real black powder seems very small, it likely isn't profitable for them to continue making the stuff if the market for it has dried up.
It depends what your doing with it. Tripple 7 works great in my muzzle loaders but I had horrible results when making black powder 50-70 loads. I swapped to goex for my 50-70 and it’s a tack driver

when it comes to antique black powder cartridge rifle calibers such as 38-55, 45-70, 50-70 and so on it's a proven fact that you will observe the best accuracy loading with true black powder. when I want the nostalgic enjoyment shooting experience of my muzzleloaders , true BP is all I desire, not wasting my time with substitutes. Modern inline muzzleloaders , now this is different and the substitutes work well.

ktp still had Fg and FFFg goex this morning. they had FFg from a different brand, shuetzen. few ppl there to get powder same time as me so not sure how long it will last.
also watched them change the price stickers on 500rd cases of red army standard mosin food....went from $339 to $369 while i was waiting to get my powder.[crying]

Back
Top Bottom