Get your Shotgun shells now.

Shotgun shells are starting to sky rocket. I got a case of 20 gauge last week at Dicks for $49.00.

I saw the exact same case of shells at a couple of places on line for $87.99.

Remington Pheasant Ammunition 20 Gauge 2-3/4" 1 oz #7-1/2 Shot, Box of 25 $10.99

12 gauge in national online stores is starting to sky rocket.

Winchester 12 gauge #8 field loads are starting at $14.99 a box and that's if they have any.

Blue Northern has WW Target Loads at $7.99 a box. Not the cheapest, but probably the best quality target loads out there (and they've actually got them in stock, which is even better).

ETA: Forgot to mention, the shells I saw (and bought) were 12 ga., I'm not sure if they had other gauges. Also, they had some off-brand (can't remember the name) and what I recall was a couple bucks less.

Last edited:
In the non-military caliber shortage, the lack of ammunition has little to do with demand and a lot to do with production. I spoke to a rep from Remington who said that all facilities are running 24/7 to keep up with demand on 9mm, 45ACP, 223/5.56 and .308 Some plants have retooled to run nothing but these calibers and they are running around 1.3 million rounds behind orders. She said Federal, Winchester and others are doing the same. If you try finding .38 Special for instance, it's scarcity is not because of demand - it's because of supply. Many plants have retooled to keep up with demand for the popular calibers and things like the war don't help...

I'm sure that's correct, but since shotgun shells are made with different equipment, I don't think that they're affected by that.

I'm sure that's correct, but since shotgun shells are made with different equipment, I don't think that they're affected by that.

According to the Remington rep - they are indeed affected by that, as production has shifted, (extra shifts, swing shifts, brass, lead, materials, etc). Production on shotgun ammo has shifted to pistol/rifle and spare machinery has been fired up to try and keep up. Suppliers are also running low/out...

got some gun club ammo at dicks for 5.98 a box. (bought a case)

same here, just a few weeks ago.

This weekend I picked up two 100packs of 7.5 load, at Walmart for $20/ea.. and there was TONS of it... like.... hundreds of boxes. (Seabrook NH)

Are they still $20, the last value packs I bought at the Hudson, NH Walmart were $23.

This was on Saturday. The geese loads were $23, but the 7.5# stuff was 20+pennies

Haven't been since, but I'll probably shoot up tomorrow to stock up if people are seeing prices rise elsewhere.

I stopped by Dick's today to grab some shells for Trap and they were $5.98 a box less $1.00 mail in rebate!! Less that $100 for 500 rounds including the rebate [banana] I like it!!!

CARGUY, I just go my rebate from the last mail in offer they had.
Gun club rebate bought the ten case limit. 629.79 with tax-100.00 rebate 529.79 for 52.98 case save 7 bucks a case in the end.
Recieved the refund check april mail in oct.

I also got the rebate on the 12g slugs of 15.00....I think it was a 3 or 5 dollar off per 3 box.

CARGUY, I just go my rebate from the last mail in offer they had.
Gun club rebate bought the ten case limit. 629.79 with tax-100.00 rebate 529.79 for 52.98 case save 7 bucks a case in the end.
Recieved the refund check april mail in oct.

I also got the rebate on the 12g slugs of 15.00....I think it was a 3 or 5 dollar off per 3 box.

So it looks like I'll have $20 to spend just in time for Christmas! [thinking] maybe.

Picked up 19 boxes of Winchester AA at Wally World for just over $100. But I don't know if/when they'll be getting more in...

Back
Top Bottom