• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Getting ammo online

Nobody is going to out sources unless we're talking about Target Sports... who's actually "out" in the open about resisting the AG. There are others who will ship to mass but most people are not going to go out and kill the goose that laid the golden egg. (Not to mention we ban it here by policy).

While.it is perfectly legal for an FID/LTC holder to mail order ammunition, the state chooses to bully businesses who do so.
When you find one that will, keep it to yourself.
There are several that don't take a whole lot of work to find
I just thought there’s was a special procedure in place for mass like having to send a pic of your ltc before hand to then or something

Nobody is going to out sources unless we're talking about Target Sports... who's actually "out" in the open about resisting the AG. There are others who will ship to mass but most people are not going to go out and kill the goose that laid the golden egg. (Not to mention we ban it here by policy).
Let me ask a different question then, have you seen a local store that keeps those buckets of bulk ammo like 1000 Ed’s in stock? I am tired of buying range ammo a box at the time. It’s a logistical nightmare

I just thought there’s was a special procedure in place for mass like having to send a pic of your ltc before hand to then or something
Those companies that ship to mass usually require a copy of your LTC.
Same as companies requiring a copy of your license to verify over 21 to purchase handgun ammo.

Let me ask a different question then, have you seen a local store that keeps those buckets of bulk ammo like 1000 Ed’s in stock? I am tired of buying range ammo a box at the time. It’s a logistical nightmare
not sure where you are but Shooting Supply in Westport usually has case quantity ammo for common stuff

Welcome to NES

Unfortunately there are companies that won't send so much as a roll pin to MA due to implied threats by the soon to be Governor and there is no reason to think her replacement is not going to carry on in her snail trail.

Outside of TSUSA we don't mention publicly who will dare defy the made up laws of the AG's office and ship ammo to MA, because the minute we do a AG's office spy will send the supplier a letter and then we are FUBAR'd

The best you can do is try to place orders online and see who will ship to MA

Your second best bet is re-loading if you can

Welcome to NES

Unfortunately there are companies that won't send so much as a roll pin to MA due to implied threats by the soon to be Governor and there is no reason to think her replacement is not going to carry on in her snail trail.

Outside of TSUSA we don't mention publicly who will dare defy the made up laws of the AG's office and ship ammo to MA, because the minute we do a AG's office spy will send the supplier a letter and then we are FUBAR'd

The best you can do is try to place orders online and see who will ship to MA

Your second best bet is re-loading if you can
Thank you for the explanation sorry for being so naive.

OP, I understand your desire to purchase ammo at competitive prices and that is hard to do within the state of MA.

But that is not a good question to ask on NES. Especially when you signed up just a week ago and have just a couple of posts.

Spend some time on here and do some research, you might get better results. Going green (membership) will also help.

OP, I understand your desire to purchase ammo at competitive prices and that is hard to do within the state of MA.

But that is not a good question to ask on NES. Especially when you signed up just a week ago and have just a couple of posts.

Spend some time on here and do some research, you might get better results. Going green (membership) will also help.
I just recently got my ltc I used to get my questions answered mass Facebook groups until someone directed me here

Thank you for the explanation sorry for being so naive.
No apology needed, and it isn't that you are naive, it is you live in MA where the normal world of shooting sports does not dare wander.

MA is not the only state though, there are others, but we seem to be at the top or close to the top of stupid gun "laws" that are sometimes just something put out by the AG's office that hold no weight in law ( see AR-15 pre/post Healy)

Then you have places like NH which is an oasis for gun owners.

I don't know what calibers you are looking for, but if you watch the dealer classifieds sometimes you'll see someone at "The Mill" blowing out stuff for reasonable money

You can also venture to NH, places like 619DW ( 619DW Guns & Ammo-619 DW Highway, Merrimack, NH ) are pretty friendly places, then there are the big box stores and such... it is hit or miss so make a day of it road tripping from place to place.

Otherwise make a friend in NH that will order it for you on their CC and accept the shipment for you... then pay them cash and go pick it up

No apology needed, and it isn't that you are naive, it is you live in MA where the normal world of shooting sports does not dare wander.

MA is not the only state though, there are others, but we seem to be at the top or close to the top of stupid gun "laws" that are sometimes just something put out by the AG's office that hold no weight in law ( see AR-15 pre/post Healy)

Then you have places like NH which is an oasis for gun owners.

I don't know what calibers you are looking for, but if you watch the dealer classifieds sometimes you'll see someone at "The Mill" blowing out stuff for reasonable money

You can also venture to NH, places like 619DW ( 619DW Guns & Ammo-619 DW Highway, Merrimack, NH ) are pretty friendly places, then there are the big box stores and such... it is hit or miss so make a day of it road tripping from place to place.

Otherwise make a friend in NH that will order it for you on their CC and accept the shipment for you... then pay them cash and go pick it up
Even within MA, places like Mass Firearms and Four Seasons will often have case quantities of ammo available.

I just recently got my ltc I used to get my questions answered mass Facebook groups until someone directed me here
Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

On Facebook, folks can get a feel for who you are from your profile (and to whom you're friends). Web fora are a step back in time...
Internet_dog.jpg

A traditional way to make friends and influence people is to introduce yourself before asking questions you have reason to think are complicated. (For example, having been directed away from facebook might be a hint.) One way is to put info in your profile (though there are very good reasons to avoid that). The thread below (last bumped yesterday, and stickied in GD) was made for exactly that purpose and provides another method.

Additionally, it's commendable to search for answers before starting new threads. Doing so should have turned up this one (last bumped over the weekend) which would give a feel for what it's like here within the first couple pages. It would require a bit of reading, but there is a ton of direct and indirect learning about the issues at hand right there.

I find ammo in my local gun shops.
When I run into people with firearms, I also ask them.
There are good threads here for when you get to finding a range and looking for carry gun advice.

[QUOTE="big.rafa, post: 8233543, member: 87233"So what’s the proper procedure to get ammo online? And where do you guys suggest I buy ammo in bulk?
[/QUOTE]

Buy it like anything else. And yes, buy in bulk as long as you can afford it. Check the classifieds too. Good luck!

step 1, move to NH
step 2, order ammo

sorry couldn't resists.

OP welcome to the shooting sports and NES, look around, you'll figure it out.

TargetSportsUSA is out in the open and generally has some of the best prices around. Even better if you spring for their Prime membership (possibly ammo+ now?).
They require a photo of your MA LTC and the membership price is worth it. As someone with a new LTC (by all means, buy by the case if you can, especially now) getting some various brands and bullet weights may not be a bad idea. The Prime membership gives you a lower price as well as free shipping regardless of quantity. That perk alone has paid for itself (for me) every year as I’ve grown my collection and tried new calibers/loadings without committing to a full case.
Thanks for going green!

Back
Top Bottom