• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Getting into reloading finally

Best options for cleaning brass?

Hornady M-1 ok?
Make sure to select the $124 model. That includes the media, case polish and separator.
I have 2 of these kits and they’ve been going strong since 2013.
Scheels just had the kit for $100 shipped but looks like they’re out of stock. I think @paul73 may have got the last one lol

Last edited:
Here’s my list so far and total pricing.

1.Carbide sets and case length gauges/shells holders for 9mm, 44mag, .223, 6.5cr, and 7.6x39
2. Lee deluxe turret press kit
3. 4 extra turrets
4. Case trimmer cutter and lock stud

$500 on the dot shipped

Berry’s vs PD bullets? Seems at least for 9mm the fmj from PD would be much better than Berry’s electroplate…

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm a bit late to this party.
Some time back, I directed a fella to Midstate Gun Co. in Coventry RI; they had o-f 6.5 CM brass for reasonable (25¢, I think). Odds are supplies are pretty well gone these days. I purchased 7.62x54R for 20¢ a pop. They don't allow reloads at their range and they cull all steel, aluminum and berdan-primed cases. They ship, but not to MA, sorry. Brass for Reloading sold by Midstate Gun Company
See Norm at quality-cast.com for coated 6.5mm (and other) bullets: deleted for security purposes...sorry!
Good luck.
I was able to grab 500 of the 140gr 6.5cr. The zombie ones were oos. Thanks!

Here’s my list so far and total pricing.

1.Carbide sets and case length gauges/shells holders for 9mm, 44mag, .223, 6.5cr, and 7.6x39
2. Lee deluxe turret press kit
3. 4 extra turrets
4. Case trimmer cutter and lock stud

$500 on the dot shipped

Berry’s vs PD bullets? Seems at least for 9mm the fmj from PD would be much better than Berry’s electroplate…
Just keep in mind that jacketed bullets will usually require more powder than a coated or plated bullet due to the resistance.
But PD makes nice bullets

Next step is getting a workplace cleaned up and ready. Gotta buy more bullets, powder, and primers. Maybe upgrade some of the classic turret bloat ware. I didn’t grab one of the rifle charging die setups with the double disk yet either as I was unaware I needed one. Is one set good for my 3 rifle loads- .223, x39, and 6.5cr? I was watching something about that on the UR YT video of this particular press.

So small rifle primers for the 2.23/5.56, large and small pistol primers for 44mag/9mm, and maybe large rifle primers for the the x39 and 6.5 brass?

Last edited:
Next step is getting a workplace cleaned up and ready. Gotta buy more bullets, powder, and primers. Maybe upgrade some of the classic turret bloat ware. I didn’t grab one of the rifle charging die setups with the double disk yet either as I was unaware I needed one. Is one set good for my 3 rifle loads- .223, x39, and 6.5cr? I was watching something about that on the UR YT video of this particular press.

So small rifle primers for the 2.23/5.56, large and small pistol primers for 44mag/9mm, and maybe large rifle primers for the the x39 and 6.5 brass?
Yup. Though 6.5 can be small or large rifle primers. I think a majority of factory 6.5 ammo uses a LRP.

X39 brass can have a SRP too I believe. Again, majority of the brass will be LRP. You’d have to look at the brass you got.

Don't need a double disk kit with the autodrum - extra drums make it easier to swap around one powder measure.
You will need the rifle charge dies - get the dual die kit because you'll need both.
If you want to keep turrets setup pick a third die - can be either size for 223.

I didn't see digital calipers in you goodie box. if you don't have any pick up a cheap pair from Harbor Freight - they are the same ones you get from a reloading supplier but half the cost.

Case gauges are very helpful for rifle - for pistol they can be a pain if you are reloading cast but great otherwise.

I have some large primer 6.5 brass all boxed up somewhere in the shop if you need some to get going.

Back
Top Bottom