getting ready to embark on a journey to russian bliss!!!

great looking guns there 999... I picked up an AMD-65 kit and need to get the rivet tool, but haven't been able to find it. I had a link for AK Forum, signed in but haven't been able to post to get any info... any ideas...

great looking guns there 999... I picked up an AMD-65 kit and need to get the rivet tool, but haven't been able to find it. I had a link for AK Forum, signed in but haven't been able to post to get any info... any ideas...

Yeah ak files takes a couple days to approve you before u can post or send pm's... You trying to contact akmachinist? Cuz that's who I bought my tools from!

When you get around to that barrel pin, let us know how it goes.

with the right piece to use as a punch and that press he'll make that barrel pin his bitch.

and thanks for the fap-laughs earlier, guys. i nearly spit coffee all over my monitor. too funny.
21nfv6e.gif

Yeah I've got the adaptor for the press makes it quite easy! I'm gonna go ahead and rent some go gauges first though and stop being cheap! Lol that and I need a chuck key for my drill press anyone know what size the chuck key is for a delta bench top model?

[email protected] that's the email for his PayPal hopefully he checks it! Good luck man anything else just let me know!

Thanks 99, everything seems to be working out fine. I heard from Keith, sent him paypal for the whole rivet kit, like 3 or 4 different parts, for the barrel, receiver, trigger guard. Hope I got it covered. I have to clean the old rivets out of the old parts from the receiver, thought I would knock em out with a punch... hehe, that didn't work. Looks like I have to drill out the solid rivets ? Or can I press them out with the press?

Thanks 99, everything seems to be working out fine. I heard from Keith, sent him paypal for the whole rivet kit, like 3 or 4 different parts, for the barrel, receiver, trigger guard. Hope I got it covered. I have to clean the old rivets out of the old parts from the receiver, thought I would knock em out with a punch... hehe, that didn't work. Looks like I have to drill out the solid rivets ? Or can I press them out with the press?
I drilled them out once you get most of the way through you can knock the rest out with a punch! I mostly used my hand drill after grinding the rivet flat with a dremel and of course undersize your drill bits to avoid damaging the trunion!

I used 1/8 drill bits (get them in large packs at HF, use sharp), then use 1/8 punch to punch them out with a tap of a hammer.

You don't need to drill all the way through, just enough to weaken it.

I drilled them out once you get most of the way through you can knock the rest out with a punch! I mostly used my hand drill after grinding the rivet flat with a dremel and of course undersize your drill bits to avoid damaging the trunion!

Kewl, that's what I was hoping. I just picked up a new bench top drill press, got a bench grinder and actually being a mechanic and an ex Snap-on Tool dealer, I gots lots of tools that should come in handy.. Looks like I will need parts though, riet, roll pin kits, trigger guard.. any suggestions. Also, my barrel is a new 16" with all the pieces pressed on but not drilled or pinned...

I used 1/8 drill bits (get them in large packs at HF, use sharp), then use 1/8 punch to punch them out with a tap of a hammer.

You don't need to drill all the way through, just enough to weaken it.

That's awsome Boris, thank you. I think I will be building a few of these since I'm making the investment in the tools.. now I just need a little OJT... [grin]

Kewl, that's what I was hoping. I just picked up a new bench top drill press, got a bench grinder and actually being a mechanic and an ex Snap-on Tool dealer, I gots lots of tools that should come in handy.. Looks like I will need parts though, riet, roll pin kits, trigger guard.. any suggestions. Also, my barrel is a new 16" with all the pieces pressed on but not drilled or pinned...
Interesting hopefully Boris or someone more knowledgeable will chime in on pinning the fsb,gas black, and rear site block in place seems easy enough as long as the alignment is correct? Mine was already done by akbuilder... Is the barrel headspaced?
If not flintoid knows someone that will headspace and drill and pin all the barrel components for $90 to save you the headache!

getting ready to embark on a journey to russian bliss!!!

I thought this was going to be a mail-order bride thread.

Did you fabricate your own or purchase one? I'm debating on using the bolt cutter method or hammer and punch method.

sent from my truck while driving down 95 in the high speed lane doing 55

Found a Nodak Spud PSL receiver and now waiting for it. Just got a couple parts from AK-Builder too. Can't wait for this build!

Congrats man! I've gotten lazy and haven't finished the psl yet still need to get some head space gauges and a new chuck key for my drill damn little things disappearing! Lol I'm curious if the nodak is easier to use than the romy one I did I hear the nodak receivers are better quality!

If you are still waiting on building this because of the barrel pin and head-spacing I found someone who will drill, ream and head-space the barrel for $20+ shipping.

Back
Top Bottom