Ghost Gunner 3 Now Available for Pre-order. Mills AK Receivers!

YouTube Comment on the video:
I feel like drugs were somehow involved in the decision making process for the marketing of this peice, Is the kit suppose to produce dancing models with neon lights ?

Excellent comment.

Yes, I'm 99% sure that's Paloma Heindorff dancing in the video, showing us why you should always use professionals for this kind of work.

To be fair I've been wrong about her so far as DD is still afloat, but come on Paloma, what's the message here?

PH.JPG

I feel like drugs were somehow involved in the decision making process for the marketing of this peice, Is the kit suppose to produce dancing models with neon lights ?

Excellent comment.

Yes, I'm 99% sure that's Paloma Heindorff dancing in the video, showing us why you should always use professionals for this kind of work.

To be fair I've been wrong about her so far as DD is still afloat, but come on Paloma, what's the message here?

View attachment 309167

Guns are sexy. Oldest marketing in the book.

Excellent comment.

View attachment 309167

I see no problem with the above ad other than I don’t like the shoes.

Controversial Gun Rights Activist Returns To Ghost Gun Project After Sex-Crime Plea Deal

Gun-rights activist Cody Wilson told the Washington Free Beacon he will be returning to Defense Distributed, a company that manufactures machines that make gun parts, after striking a plea deal in his sex-crime case.
I’m happy for Cody.

I would have bet anyone that he would have gone to jail and become a felon.

It was a bogus charge but under a Texas law I figured he’d be toast.

I’m pretty thrilled about the new ghost gunner.

How the heck can this not be legal in New York? Can you ban milling machines now?

Well, Defense Distributed is still fighting NJ's law that was targeted at them, the pertinent bit which seems to be:

33 l. Manufacturing or facilitating the manufacture of a firearm 34 using a three-dimensional printer. In addition to any other criminal 35 penalties provided under law it is a third degree crime for: 36 (1) a person who is not registered or licensed to do so as a 37 manufacturer as provided in chapter 58 of Title 2C of the New 38 Jersey Statutes, to use a three-dimensional printer or similar device 39 to manufacture or produce a firearm, firearm receiver, magazine, or 40 firearm component; or 41 (2) a person to distribute by any means, including the Internet, 42 to a person in New Jersey who is not registered or licensed as a 43 manufacturer as provided in chapter 58 of Title 2C of the New 44 Jersey Statutes, digital instructions in the form of computer-aided 45 design files or other code or instructions stored and displayed in 46 electronic format as a digital model that may be used to program a A3129 [2R] EUSTACE, MORIARTY 15 1 three-dimensional printer to manufacture or produce a firearm, 2 firearm receiver, magazine, or firearm component. 3 As used in this subsection: “three-dimensional printer” means a 4 computer or computer-driven machine or device capable of 5 producing a three-dimensional object from a digital model; and 6 “distribute” means to sell, or to manufacture, give, provide, lend, 7 trade, mail, deliver, publish, circulate, disseminate, present, exhibit, 8 display, share, advertise, offer, or make available via the Internet or 9 by any other means, whether for pecuniary gain or not, and includes 10 an agreement or attempt to distribute

Source: https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A3500/3129_R2.PDF

Controversial Gun Rights Activist Returns To Ghost Gun Project After Sex-Crime Plea Deal

Gun-rights activist Cody Wilson told the Washington Free Beacon he will be returning to Defense Distributed, a company that manufactures machines that make gun parts, after striking a plea deal in his sex-crime case.

Pretty sure Cody is going to get arrested again. He claims he is not a PP because he wasn't convicted and that therefore he can possess firearms. However his probation terms (according to news reports) state he cannot possess firearms for the term of his probation (7 years). So I suspect he will be arrested again, only this time it will be for violating his probation.

Pretty sure Cody is going to get arrested again. He claims he is not a PP because he wasn't convicted and that therefore he can possess firearms. However his probation terms (according to news reports) state he cannot possess firearms for the term of his probation (7 years). So I suspect he will be arrested again, only this time it will be for violating his probation.

I bet there will be a lot of ink used on the definition of “possess”.

That is a stamped AK receiver, they are just using this machine to drill the fcg pin holes.

Still rad none the less.

I was wondering about that. Can someone be a gun manufacturer without possessing guns? Maybe only if his employees possess them?

I was wondering about that. Can someone be a gun manufacturer without possessing guns? Maybe only if his employees possess them?

Defense Distributor is NOT a gun manufacturer. They manufacture a specialty CNC machine which allows end users to finish the machining of a 80% lower to make it a functional firearm. The previous versions allowed users to do AR-15's, AR-10's, P80's and 1911's with code from the aftermarket. I'm not sure how the AK fits into this model "percentage wise".

I don't know what legalities they're using as they test their machines, because testing would complete the firearm(s).

So, that's actually a great question.

Last edited:
Defense Distributor is NOT a gun manufacturer. They manufacture a specialty CNC machine which allows end users to finish the machining of a 80% lower to make it a functional firearm. The previous versions allowed users to do AR-15's, AR-10's, P80's and 1911's with code from the aftermarket. I'm not sure how the how the AK fits into this model "percentage wise".

I don't know what legalities they're using as they test their machines, because testing would complete the firearm(s).

So, that's actually a great question.

As long as Cody himself isn't performing any of the testing, and never himself takes possession of any of the completed receivers, I can't see how that could be an issue.

The issue of completing the receivers while not being a licensed 07 FFL is interesting. They're not selling them though, so perhaps that fact keeps them in the clear. Sort of like how I can make as many receivers as I want without an 07 as long as I'm not selling (really "intending to sell") them.

You could easily test a finished lower with a set of custom gauges, no need to install a LPK.

A quote from the mother of the alleged victim is informative. No concern about her underage daughter allegedly attempting to sell sex, but Cody's identity was apparently the reason for her/their outrage.

""Our daily life was shattered, but she never wavered from the truth," she said in a statement read in court. "Once she knew who you are and what you did, she never wavered. She remembers the gun you put in her hands and the feeling of your skin."

Why do they show it working on an AK and then...

"The custom spindle is powered by a specially designed closed-loop digital VFD, which sets a new standard in desktop CNC machining. GG3 ships with code to complete 80% AR-15, AR-308, M1911, and Polymer 80 frames frames. All existing jigs are compatible with GG3."

"The custom spindle is powered by a specially designed closed-loop digital VFD, which sets a new standard in desktop CNC machining. GG3 ships with code to complete 80% AR-15, AR-308, M1911, and Polymer 80 frames frames. All existing jigs are compatible with GG3."

It can probably be programed with the rivet patterns for stamped 80% receivers that are like $30 all over the internet.

Guns are sexy. Oldest marketing in the book.

Maybe so but in this case the video makes me question her judgment. In my opinion it's not appropriate for the head of a company to do this, plus there's something weirdly sleazy about it, the effect is depressing strip joint, much less than this impressive product deserves.

Here's another quote that might help:
GG3 is a complete rebuild, drawing from all our lessons in CNC and 80% work. We gave it a closed-loop digital VFD, optical limit switches and made it five times more powerful, but most meaningfully the GG3 cuts steel – including heat-treated AK 80% receivers – which opens up an entirely new front in digital gunsmithing.

I know a couple guys who are gonna cream their jeans, not because of the ability to do pinholes on the AK receivers, but because now they can cut steel. They've been doing aluminum framed 1911's...

You could easily test a finished lower with a set of custom gauges, no need to install a LPK.

No, you misunderstood me. The testing of the GG machine creates receivers. Creating receivers is the issue. This is Texas, not Massachusetts. The receiver IS the firearm per Federal law and per Texas law. Massachusetts is the only state that I'm aware of that doesn't treat the receiver as the firearm.

No, you misunderstood me. The testing of the GG machine creates receivers. Creating receivers is the issue. This is Texas, not Massachusetts. The receiver IS the firearm per Federal law and per Texas law. Massachusetts is the only state that I'm aware of that doesn't treat the receiver as the firearm.

You're right, I'll just go sit in the corner now 'til I wake up. :)

Defense Distributor is NOT a gun manufacturer. They manufacture a specialty CNC machine which allows end users to finish the machining of a 80% lower to make it a functional firearm. The previous versions allowed users to do AR-15's, AR-10's, P80's and 1911's with code from the aftermarket. I'm not sure how the AK fits into this model "percentage wise".

Are you sure about that? I recall several years back, Cody was going on about applying for a manufacturer's license and he was describing a long convoluted legal battle where they were stonewalling his efforts to get the license. I had thought he succeeded.

Back
Top Bottom