Ghost Guns creating issues in NYC

SteelShooter

NES Member
Lead story on NY news channel, Ghost Guns responsible for high crime and murders. They don' t require a background check and you can buy an unlimited amount. No mention of how they actually cause crimes and murders but the politicians have a plan to stop Ghost guns. Beware if you go to NYC. smh.

And those fully semi-automatic, high-capacity, military-style, assault Ghost Guns are the worst!

A Ghost Gun is like a Mass Shooting - Six-or-more shot dead if you’re trying to say the 1994 AWB worked, or four-or-more injured during a shooting - anything goes. With Ghost Guns, it ranges from an 80% frame/receiver firearm kit-in-box to a Browning Buckmark 22lr with an aftermarket scope to improve deadly accuracy.

With 490,800 ATF firearms traces in 2020 and over 400 million firearms in civilian hands in the US, “Ghost Guns” of any sort hardly rise about baseline on the charts.

And those fully semi-automatic, high-capacity, military-style, assault Ghost Guns are the worst!

A Ghost Gun is like a Mass Shooting - Six-or-more shot dead if you’re trying to say the 1994 AWB worked, or four-or-more injured during a shooting - anything goes. With Ghost Guns, it ranges from an 80% frame/receiver firearm kit-in-box to a Browning Buckmark 22lr with an aftermarket scope to improve deadly accuracy.

With 490,800 ATF firearms traces in 2020 and over 400 million firearms in civilian hands in the US, “Ghost Guns” of any sort hardly rise about baseline on the charts.
It's more of just the fear mongering to get the general public scared enough to accept the latest liberal loony idea.

it isn't like they are cheap either.... they are not, if you can find the parts that is

Exactly. Plus they can be woefully unreliable until after a good break-in period. Maybe never depending on who put it together.

As far as "do ghost guns cause crime"? No. What they do is reveal the bigger underlying problem that no one wants to address. Do I believe if we were able to remove every single gun by some sort of special gun-magnet being flown over the country we would have less crime?

YES!

Would we still have a crime problem.

Well, CHAH!

They aren't addressing the underlying "why are these people committing crimes and what can we do to stop it" issue.

It would be like banning Ford's because of a high drunk driving rate. "Well they were driving a Ford!"

I thought you were going by Megan now. What pronouns should we use in the mill? This is so confusing. :D
I help my daddy for only limited hours. I quit when he starts with the martinis and acts (and posts) like an idiot. Then I demand my Planters, lightly salted cashew snack and to be wheeled into my room around 4:30. The older he gets, the worse he gets. Megan.

should also not forget about evil ghost baseball bats and knives causing crimes!

it is insane to have those bats still getting into the hands of people so easily and causing so much crime! they should absolutely be banned!
as well as electricians - should be banned as well. obviously.

It's important to keep in mind that the firearm prohibition lobby is calling absolutely any firearm with a defaced or non-existent serial number a "ghost gun." This is so they can mislead the public into believing any firearms with defaced or non-existent serial numbers are actually based on either 3D-printed frames or 80% frames (which are not firearms). The result of this is when firearms with defaced serial numbers are confiscated by PDs and that is publicized, the media does hit pieces on 3D printing firearms and purchasing 80% frames. LEOs gleefully will go along with and facilitate the media getting the details wrong, too.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - the trigger on those Ghost Gun toys was CRAZY stiff. It had to punch thru some heavy plastic film, so it had to be stiff. But damn. At 9yo, it was hard to keep the sights aligned and get COM hits. Of course, because of it, a Glock trigger is like a dream to me. ROFL!!

Most NYC residents could not install a new toilet seat but they’re finishing off 80% lowers give me a break

Back
Top Bottom